Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

Jibbs

I would love to have somebody like Jonathan David, Nkunku or Osimhen as the main striker. But I wouldn’t mind Nunez either. Somehow Nunez reminds me of RVN.

RoLo

Is there no forward under 25 other than Haaland who's been putting up 20+ goals for at least 2 straight seasons?
There are some:

Moussa Dembele is 25 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 18-19 and 19-20.

Dušan Vlahović is 22 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 20-21 and 21-22.

Odsonne Édouard is 24 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 18-19, 19-20 and 20-21.

Gabriel Jesus is 25 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 18-19 and 19-20.

Marcus Rashford is 24 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 19-20 and 20-21.

Lautaro Martínez is 24 years old and had 20+ goal seasons in 19-20 and is currently at 20 goals and counting this season. Managed 19 goals in 20-21. Doesn't quite fit the criteria but not far off.

Christopher Nkunu (30 goals), Martin Terrier (21 goals), Jordan Pefok (26 goals), Guus Til (21 goals), Erik Botheim (23 goals), Darwin Núñez (33 goals), Valentín Castellanos (23 goals), Georgie Kelly (26 goals) and Dembo Darboe (37 goals) are all 25 or under and in the midst of their first 20+ goal seasons. We'll see which ones keep it up next season and join the list.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There is this guy from Porto, taremi , currently the second best scorer after Nunez and the second best assist provider.
Also a master at making penalties out of nothing.
He isn't very young but I could see him have a decent career whether he chooses to move to another club or if he stays there.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

What are Schick and Nmecha like? Don't watch the Bundesliga but they fare well on these sorts of graphics.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Kids a star. Closest thing you can get to Mbappe. 23 is the sweet spot of an age to sign him as well. He's great in the air, fast, strong and good hold-up - genuinely complete in everyway. We wouldn't regret paying 80M for him.

If we sign him and Antony/Nkunku, sort the central midfield and defense we'll be flying under Ten Hag.

Last edited:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Kids a star. Closest thing you can get to Mbappe. 23 is the sweet spot of an age to sign him as well. He's great in the air, fast, strong and good hold-up - genuinely complete in everyway. We wouldn't regret paying 80M for him.

If we sign him and Antony/Nkunku, sort the central midfield and defense we'll be flying under Ten Hag.

Napoli spent a lot on him.

He'll cost 120 million.

Dan-Utd

Aleksandar Mitrovic, for me he has always shown quality, I know his Premier League stats are not the best but in a team with decent players all around him - I think he would score goals.

He didn't get the chance to play with top quality players all around him in the Premier League before, I think he offers something different, I'd take him as a back-up striker all day long.

Trex

Napoli spent a lot on him.

He'll cost 120 million.
Strong, Fast,hard working, good in the air, big personality, power shooter, decent technique, but no Benzema on the ball, as a compatriot would love to see him refine his game under a talented coach like Ten Hag.
Should cost 75-80 pounds.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Strong, Fast,hard working, good in the air, big personality, power shooter, decent technique, but no Benzema on the ball, as a compatriot would love to see him refine his game under a talented coach like Ten Hag.
Should cost 75-80 pounds.
Well might as well give him out for free!

Jokes aside are you really that impressed by him? I haven't watched atalanta that much but from what I've seen i wasn't impressed by him that much , and his stats aren't anything special either.

Do you think he has the potential to step up a gear or two?

Devil may care

If Ronaldo is staying these €80M strikers don't make sense this summer, a freebie like Dybala might work out.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If Ronaldo is staying these €80M strikers don't make sense this summer, a freebie like Dybala might work out.
They didn't really set the world on fire those 2 when they were together .

Also Dybala is absolutely not a freebie, if he was to come he would command massive wages and a long contract.

Trex

Well might as well give him out for free!

Jokes aside are you really that impressed by him? I haven't watched atalanta that much but from what I've seen i wasn't impressed by him that much , and his stats aren't anything special either.

Do you think he has the potential to step up a gear or two?
He plays for Napoli and i watch him a lot giving he represent Nigeria.
He has all the tools for a manager that develops players, I wouldn't sign him under an Ole or Mourinho as they don't have a good record with player development but under Ten Hag he could become a beast, they aren't many strikers with his physique, pace, tenacity and striking power, already a handful to defend against.
His scoring record was great before he broke his cheek bone earlier this season, and has gotten 17 in total so far.

AgentSmith

Calvert-Lewin if Everton (which seems likely now) go down?

Wouldn't be my 1st choice but at a cut price he could be a good option.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He has all the tools for a manager that develops players, I wouldn't sign him under an Ole or Mourinho as they don't have a good record with player development but under Ten Hag he could become a beast, they aren't many strikers with his physique, pace, tenacity and striking power, already a handful to defend against.
Sorry my bad I meant to say Napoli ( had a weird mixup due to Napoli atalanta being the last game I watched of them)

Thanks for taking the time to answer me, I certainly wouldn't mind him on a reasonable price but I feel with the quoted price tags that are flying around he would be put under too much of a pressure, and just be a very risky signing.

Devil may care

They didn't really set the world on fire those 2 when they were together .

Also Dybala is absolutely not a freebie, if he was to come he would command massive wages and a long contract.
I wouldn't play them together and by freebie I'm obviously just talking about no fee, the strikers some are talking about are €80M minimum before we even talk wages, total package will be at least 3 times Dybala's signing bonus and wages.

flappyjay

I thought the plan is to stay away from these types of signings. He is not really a striker, high wages and injury issues.

Red_toad

Sign Ivan Toney as alternative to Ronaldo, proven in the league, good all round game. Unless Ten Hag has some hidden gem in the Dutch league?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Some of the suggestions on this thread are shocking.
Striker options are very thin, so you shouldn't be surprised. Folks suggesting we should spunk £80m on Nunez are absolutely mental. This is his first good season and he's out-performing his xG by a crazy amount, even Son numbers don't show that discrepancy. Considering we don't have CL football, we shouldn't be looking to sign an expensive striker unless Ronaldo wants to leave. Those funds can be used elsewhere.

Richarlison if Everton go down would be my pick, he can play across the front 3, is fast, strong and ambidextrous.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Striker options are very thin, so you shouldn't be surprised. Folks suggesting we should spunk £80m on Nunez are absolutely mental. This is his first good season and he's out-performing his xG by a crazy amount, even Son numbers don't show that discrepancy. Considering we don't have CL football, we shouldn't be looking to sign an expensive striker unless Ronaldo wants to leave. Those funds can be used elsewhere.

Richarlison if Everton go down would be my pick, he can play across the front 3, is fast, strong and ambidextrous.
Richarlison would fit right in to this current United side.

OleGunnar20

His scoring record was great before he broke his cheek bone earlier this season, and has gotten 17 in total so far.
That's a good point actually. He's definitely an interesting player with a lot going for him, but could do with refining. His innevitable price tag will be the problem I think, we just can't afford to spend that on one player with all the work we have to do here.
He seems like such a gowl though and we already have so many in the squad :(
I've had the same vibe from him without anything jn particular really standing out. I wonder what his character is like as talent and playstyle wise, he seems like a good fit for ETH's preferred #9.

Devil may care

I thought the plan is to stay away from these types of signings. He is not really a striker, high wages and injury issues.
I'm just looking at some options as I don't see dropping €80M on a striker this summer as viable, unless of course Ronaldo leaves.

AgentSmith

Not very good and is injury-prone.
He's been injured this season but going back over the last 4 years his league appearances are:

17/18 - 32 appearances
18/19 - 35 appearances
19/20 - 36 appearances
20/21 - 33 appearances

I had thought he was injury-prone as well but it doesn't seem a fair assessment. Might change having to play European football every week though.

DSG

Some are reporting that Ten Hag wants Ekitike… ? Anyone know anything about that kid that plays for Reims I think?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Eddie Nketiah anyone? Backup for Ronaldo?
He'll either extend his deal with the "promise" of a lot more gametime after we sign a new striker or probably downgrade somewhere in the league where he's guaranteed to start.
There was also german rumours and seeing how players with a similar build are faring nowadays in the BL, it could be a good idea. Not sure where though.