Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

Bojan Djordjic

Very difficult striker market right now. Unproven prospects are priced at €100mn so can’t see how we’re going to have budget to buy us the goals we need while focusing our scouting in the top five European leagues. Can’t even think of any young football manager type wonder kids that might be worth a punt. Mathys Tel maybe but he’s miles away from starting for us.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’d wager that he will play for us again. Only way I see he doesn’t play for us is if the home fans turn on him, otherwise 50% of the time he’s got a crown turning a blind eye to what we all saw/heard. This club wanted the Super League, no way they’re letting talent go without at least some attempt to salvage the situation.

We as a fanbase will have a difficult decision to make soon.
What, people want to support this sick alleged rapist? It's not a difficult decision.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yeah we need a striker but it shouldn't as high on our priority list as it seems. A CB, DM, CM and RW are all more important than getting a striker right now.

Abraxas

Is Schick an option? He's a big lad, scores plenty. I would have thought if ETH appreciated Haller (at least within the Dutch league) he would have a lot of time for this player.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is Schick an option? He's a big lad, scores plenty. I would have thought if ETH appreciated Haller (at least within the Dutch league) he would have a lot of time for this player.
Just signed a new contract, so pretty unlikely now.

AFC NimbleThumb

What, people want to support this sick alleged rapist? It's not a difficult decision.
Literally no one has ever said this. Come on man, do better. Disagree but don’t simply make things up.

I said I think the club will attempt to reintegrate him. I didn’t say they should, I didn’t say I wanted them to, I simply said I think they may. Fecks sake.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Literally no one has ever said this. Come on man, do better. Disagree but don’t simply make things up.

I said I think the club will attempt to reintegrate him. I didn’t say they should, I didn’t say I wanted them to, I simply said I think they may. Fecks sake.
No seriously, what is the difficult decision for fans over you're referring to then? It's either you the support the alleged rapist or you don't?

Last edited:

r0663664

Worships Man City
Our sponsors won’t want greenwood again. If he gets off it’s because the girl refuses to go to court on him. The fans in this country won’t let him forget it so unless he’s tough as hell mentally he will find it hard to play in this country again for a top club. I suspect he may go abroad for a bit
Once the charges in dropped, ETH will start playing him. Young rich boy needs to be taught a lesson, he will have no sponsor so he can only rely on football to make his living. He will be under watchful eyes from everyone. There are so many footballers charge globally and they still plays for big team. If Greenwood is back, we can prioritize other position.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Once the charges in dropped, ETH will start playing him. Young rich boy needs to be taught a lesson, he will have no sponsor so he can only rely on football to make his living. He will be under watchful eyes from everyone. There are so many footballers charge globally and they still plays for big team. If Greenwood is back, we can prioritize other position.
I’ll be mightily surprised seeing him back. We’ve all heard the audio. It’s not looking good. Surely if he somehow gets off it will be on a technicality or the witness not giving evidence. I think you’re kidding yourself if that’s what you’re hoping for

AFC NimbleThumb

No seriously, what is the difficult decision for fans over you're referring to then? It's either you the support the alleged rapist or you don't?
I’m not particularly referring to just no.11 when I talk about a fan decision though. If there’s an attempt to reintegrate [which is a possibility, not me saying it should happen] then it’s not simply a case of supporting no.11 but the institution itself.

I remember when it all blew up speaking to a few United fans that said they’d pack it in if he played for us again, not simply because he’d be playing for us again but the message the club would be sending. One guy in particular was genuinely upset by the notion of him playing again for us, because of what it would stand for as a club.

Say they attempted to reintegrate him & fans said no, then they pulled him again, from a personal perspective I’d be a little disgusted they even tried. Again it’s simply me speculating but I honestly don’t think the club are just going to bin him especially if charges are not brought.

I could see the club still hoping they can get a 20 goal a season striker from within the club.

Primex

Has anyone watched Luka jovic,coady gakpo,Benjamin Sesko,Youssoufa Moukoko.
an in-depth analysis on them would be appreciated

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How good is this Scammaca bloke? Probably butchered the spelling

Devil may care

Whether the girl ends up not testifying for whatever pressured reason it doesn't alter the facts most people heard the audio or read the transcript or saw the pics, or all 3. This isn't a case of some young superstar getting caught doing coke and having a threesome with a couple of hookers in a hotel room, this was some sick, vile violent sexual abuse and like the Rodney King case the evidence is there no matter the outcome, if we brought Greenwood back our sponors would go apeshit as the media and Women's groups would be all over us and rightly so. From a footballing perspective it's a shame, before it happened Mason was probably my favourite player at the club and the best attacking talent the Academy has produced since Giggs ironically, but we need to wash our hands of him.

I don't think there's any coincidence that less than 24 hours after the stories broke that Nunez is likely going to Liverpool that our focus appears to have switched to the RW with the Antony and Asensio stories, a position where we don't even have a recognised starter let alone a back-up. The market for proper Striker's this summer is the drizzling shits so I can see us going with Rashford or Bruno as a false 9 when Ronaldo is rested.

croadyman

Think we will revisit this next summer UNLESS someone unexpected becomes available

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm not sure whether we want a striker. Romano said we were interested in Nunez and Richarlison a while back. Nunez is off to Liverpool and Tottenham wants Richarlison so if Richarlison was our second option, we'd have to act soon.

croadyman

I'm not sure whether we want a striker. Romano said we were interested in Nunez and Richarlison a while back. Nunez is off to Liverpool and Tottenham wants Richarlison so if Richarlison was our second option, we'd have to act soon.
Yeah I feel it's moving more towards targeting a right sided forward player hence the links to Antony & Asensio

AsonUnique

Jonathan David possibly.
This. I know he is not a target man but he is exciting and a good passer and finisher. Would be cheaper than Nunez.

I think due to his size and athleticism Nunez has a higher ceiling but David is a better player right now and would be a great presser and has strong link up play.

AussieDevil

We should target Joao Pedro, wouldn’t cost much with Watford getting relegated. Still only 20 years old and looks like he has bags of potential. Would be good for him to play under Ronaldo for a year or two.

Dominos

I'm really baffled by Richarlison's name being thrown about. Is he meant to be highly rated? I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's cut out for a top team. I bet he'd also cost a fortune as one of Everton's "star" players, I've read quoted price of over £50m.

NoPace

Scamacca link up play was really clever against England again, but nothing to suggest a 20 goal scorer.

NoPace

Whether the girl ends up not testifying for whatever pressured reason it doesn't alter the facts most people heard the audio or read the transcript or saw the pics, or all 3. This isn't a case of some young superstar getting caught doing coke and having a threesome with a couple of hookers in a hotel room, this was some sick, vile violent sexual abuse and like the Rodney King case the evidence is there no matter the outcome, if we brought Greenwood back our sponors would go apeshit as the media and Women's groups would be all over us and rightly so. From a footballing perspective it's a shame, before it happened Mason was probably my favourite player at the club and the best attacking talent the Academy has produced since Giggs ironically, but we need to wash our hands of him.
Yeah, I imagine the women's team at the club would (rightfully) revolt.

Ted Lasso

Yeah, I imagine the women's team at the club would (rightfully) revolt.
Absolutely. I would categorically stop supporting the club I've loved for 30+ years. No hesitation.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. And in this age of information, this would cause such a social media storm and cause immense damage to the club from all sorts of perspectives including the bottom line.

It's a nonstarter and I think it's only coming up from people who didn't hear the audio or look into the details

NoPace

Absolutely. I would categorically stop supporting the club I've loved for 30+ years. No hesitation.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. And in this age of information, this would cause such a social media storm and cause immense damage to the club from all sorts of perspectives including the bottom line.

It's a nonstarter and I think it's only coming up from people who didn't hear the audio or look into the details
I googled it today and the most recent headline is this: https://sportsdias.com/mason-greenwoods-alleged-victim-*******-robson-consistently-trolled-online/

Even if you wanted to argue that he can serve his time in prison and that's his debt to society and we're all better off letting ex-cons be reintegrated back into the workforce normally (apart from extreme situations), which would be my argument as his lawyer, it would be a complete circus, and that's assuming he never did anything horrible again or she doesn't get harassed constantly.

I'd guess that the relevant question for him is if he'll be able to go outside of Europe somewhere and play in a few years. Will he go score 80 goals a year in Qatar or somewhere? He could convert to Islam and claim he's a new man. Probably wouldn't work with the U.S soccer culture being more liberal, even though they love a born again.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I googled it today and the most recent headline is this: https://sportsdias.com/mason-greenwoods-alleged-victim-*******-robson-consistently-trolled-online/

Even if you wanted to argue that he can serve his time in prison and that's his debt to society and we're all better off letting ex-cons be reintegrated back into the workforce normally (apart from extreme situations), which would be my argument as his lawyer, it would be a complete circus, and that's assuming he never did anything horrible again or she doesn't get harassed constantly.

I'd guess that the relevant question for him is if he'll be able to go outside of Europe somewhere and play in a few years. Will he go score 80 goals a year in Qatar or somewhere? He could convert to Islam and claim he's a new man. Probably wouldn't work with the U.S soccer culture being more liberal, even though they love a born again.
Who cares what that horrible POS does. His career in England is finished and if there is any justice in the world he won't get a game anywhere else.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Slim pickings really

Oshimen, Isak, Nkunku, Richarlison

This year may be the year to get a back up striker (Haller) for Ronaldo and attack the position next season although Madrid will be on the prowl I’d assume.

NoPace

Slim pickings really

Oshimen, Isak, Nkunku, Richarlison

This year may be the year to get a back up striker (Haller) for Ronaldo and attack the position next season although Madrid will be on the prowl I’d assume.
We probably only need someone to backup Cristiano for this year, since I think he'll be able to hang on for one last good season, so maybe a loan would make sense if Ten Hag doesn't think Rashford is a 9 AND doesn't want Martial around (or someone offers genuine money in some form for him).

The other option is just to buy a young player Ten Hag loves that we think can start after one more year of Cristiano. Feels like that might have been Ekitike.

The good news is that Ten Hag doesn't seem to require great pace in a striker judging by how good Tadic and Haller were for him in the CL, so maybe we can get someone in easier as a result.