Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

ShinjiNinja26

I must admit I didn’t have Arnautović high on the list of potential striker options. In fact he wasn’t on the list at all because why the feck would he be? :lol:

No7UTD

Mitrovic from Fulham. Why not? He can score goals. And he will be perfekt for crosses. And special good for Eriksen and Bruno

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
David scored twice for Lille today. Starting from RW no less.
2 goals and 1 assist… he’s a brilliant player and presses well shows tactical versatility and deals well with pressure.

He’s a proper modern forward.

Lee565

If we are inly thinking short term, then welbeck is not the worst idea and think he fits what yen hag is trying to do better than either martial or ronaldo.

He may not score over ten gials but the guy will press and work his socks off, hold up the ball and link play up

kps88

Ighalo, Cavani, Ronaldo. We've gone two and a half years with stop gap measures waiting for some perfect, mythical striker who would be world class, affordable, available and willing to join us. Maybe it's time we lowered our standards a bit instead of signing yet another stop gap.

croadyman

2 goals and 1 assist… he’s a brilliant player and presses well shows tactical versatility and deals well with pressure.

He’s a proper modern forward.
Shame we have zero interest, not even loose links to the guy and that's hard to take

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Yeah definitely
Thing is, Mitrovic is probably going to be quoted at 25/30m. Everyone knows he's not going to be United standard for the long run. I can see people saying he's bwtter than Arnautovic right now. However he will be nothing but a short term option. From that perspective is Mitrovic at 25/30m better than Arnautovic at 10m?

I think that goes for almost all other alternatives. United can't sign a top striker or a true gem. Hence Unites is left with going after short term options. When going after someone that's really your first choice for the long term, I can see the value in just sticking with the best option and paying more to get that one player if needed. However when signing a short term (backup) option, I can see that price(/quality) matters a lot more. From that perspective I do understand Arnautovic if you can get him around 10m (and Ronaldo leaves, otherwise there's no point).

From that same perspective, what about Cavani? Did he leave because United didn't like him enough or did he leave because Ronaldo was making it impossible to him? If the latter, I'd seriously consider resigning him. I haven't seen too much of him at United and I find it hard to judge how much he declined since his PSG days. However, the old Cavani was definitely the type of player that would suit in ETHs football for at least a while. If Ronaldo was his main issue and not so much injuries or him declining, then resigning Cavani seems a pretty viable option to me (on the condition Ronaldo leaves of course).

NoPace

Mitrovic from Fulham. Why not? He can score goals. And he will be perfekt for crosses. And special good for Eriksen and Bruno
I think they’d hold out for an insane fee. 4 years left on his deal and it’s decent wages by all accounts.

We missed our chance to sign him when they went down but he wasn’t fashionable.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know how much money we have but i would go all in for Nkunku and settle that position for years. He is the one. feck these half solutions

Godfather

Higuain scored a hattrick in his most recent game in the MLs. Cheeky bid? He's about 40 now and pretty out of shape. Should be perfect

croadyman

I don't know how much money we have but i would go all in for Nkunku and settle that position for years. He is the one. feck these half solutions
He only becomes a viable option if it's right about a release clause and we somehow get back in Champions League

AussieDevil

Joao Pedro.

20 years old, a quick forward who looks strong when in possession of the ball and can use skill to get past players. Has spent the last 3 years at Watford and so has premier league experience. He has the build to really develop his hold up play under a good coach and is a very fluid player at being able to interchange positions if one of the wingers drifts centrally.

Some premier league club will sign him in the next year or two and everyone else will be kicking themselves. Would be perfect under Ronaldo for a year.

Could probably get him for 15-20m.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Joao Pedro.

20 years old, a quick forward who looks strong when in possession of the ball and can use skill to get past players. Has spent the last 3 years at Watford and so has premier league experience. He has the build to really develop his hold up play under a good coach and is a very fluid player at being able to interchange positions if one of the wingers drifts centrally.

Some premier league club will sign him in the next year or two and everyone else will be kicking themselves. Would be perfect under Ronaldo for a year.

Could probably get him for 15-20m.
He is an absolute workhorse as well, and I mean that in the best possible way!

He has quality in the ball, can finish but also his work rate is unbelievable.

He will be at Liverpool soon no doubt, would suit their system.

But Watford need to sell one of their three forwards before the end of the window, so he would be obtainable.

AussieDevil

He is an absolute workhorse as well, and I mean that in the best possible way!

He has quality in the ball, can finish but also his work rate is unbelievable.

He will be at Liverpool soon no doubt, would suit their system.

But Watford need to sell one of their three forwards before the end of the window, so he would be obtainable.
He has absolutely everything. I do believe there was rumors about Liverpool being interested in him a while ago, just before they signed Jota.

It’s one of those players that is so obviously prime for a big club to sign and develop that it makes you mad that the club would rather look at players who are over the hill and average at best.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He has absolutely everything. I do believe there was rumors about Liverpool being interested in him a while ago, just before they signed Jota.

It’s one of those players that is so obviously prime for a big club to sign and develop that it makes you mad that the club would rather look at players who are over the hill and average at best.
Really hope Liverpool don't get him, would be very annoying.

You're right though, he looks ready for a big club, just needs a little bit of assistance which as you said earlier he would get under Ronaldo.

Maybe United feel burnt by the James and Zaha signings as to stay away from Championship players?

Zoo

Not a great source but it was curious him being left out along with Mings, it seems Gerrard is not very popular. He’s good with his back to goal, works very hard, mobile and links well with his teammates. A lot of the qualities were looking for.

AussieDevil

Really hope Liverpool don't get him, would be very annoying.

You're right though, he looks ready for a big club, just needs a little bit of assistance which as you said earlier he would get under Ronaldo.

Maybe United feel burnt by the James and Zaha signings as to stay away from Championship players?
Would be perfect for their system.

A 20 year old striker with 30-35 premier league games under their belt is very rare. Also if I remember correctly he scored against us at Old Trafford too.

With James in particular it was hard to see a path to him becoming good enough to be a starter for us, he always relied majorly on pace. With Zaha I think it was mismanagement more than anything, and if Sir Alex had stayed an extra year or two we might’ve seen a different outcome.

With Pedro what I like most is that there is a clear path to him becoming elite. Physically he is 6’0, seems naturally strong but also quick and very agile. He also has a really good mentality, as you pointed out earlier he doesn’t shy away from being a workhorse on the pitch. And technically he already has good ball control and dribbling, he seems a decent finisher too, and what he would need is a coach to help him understand how to position himself and read the game to become more deadly in front of goal. He needs to be nurtured and integrated into an efficient system.

20 years old now, would turn 21 this season and by next season he’d be ready to lead the line at 22 and with what would be his fourth year playing premier league football.

Wenobi

If we are inly thinking short term, then welbeck is not the worst idea and think he fits what yen hag is trying to do better than either martial or ronaldo.

He may not score over ten gials but the guy will press and work his socks off, hold up the ball and link play up
How about Ben Yedder from Monaco? I think his contract is ending 2024 and Monaco have signed a new striker this season. He is a short term solution, but he garantees goals.

daba

Saw Newcastle are linked to Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica today.

For 30m he seems like a very solid young forward that we can develop. Seems like a no. 9 with a decent finish and good in the air, but has the skill and ability to play across the front line for us.

Can’t link media yet but from YT I think he would be a decent option now Sesko has gone.

The_Midfielder

How about Ben Yedder from Monaco? I think his contract is ending 2024 and Monaco have signed a new striker this season. He is a short term solution, but he garantees goals.
Isn't he the one who knocked us out from CL a few seasons back..
What are we doing