Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

userman

Joao Pedro at Watford. A diamond in the rough. A perfect backup option for Ronaldo next season.

(I highly doubt we sign another striker unless we manage to sell Martial)

NoPace

Wonder if we'd go for De Kaetalare as a false 9 if Cristiano goes. He might suit Ten Hag and with his height you'd figure he's a good bet to be an aerial threat in a couple years.

Bojan Djordjic

Wonder how much Joao Felix is being pimped by At. Madrid for? Would be happy for Ronaldo and his drama to piss off if we could sign him.

Rauður Djöfull

Wonder / hope a bit that Hugo Ekitike rejected Newcastle because of us but is also rumoured to be of interest to PSG

croadyman

Genuinely don't think we are in for a number 9 until Ronny leaves next summer, yes I appreciate that leaves us short of a backup to him this season.

suheilsworld

If Ronaldo stays, it makes sense to buy a young striker who would be willing to bide his time and learn from the best, take his chances from the bench.
How about integrating McNeil into the first team ?

EtH

Wonder if we'd go for De Kaetalare as a false 9 if Cristiano goes. He might suit Ten Hag and with his height you'd figure he's a good bet to be an aerial threat in a couple years.
Been bleating on about this for a while. He would be perfect for us in rotation with Ronaldo and would hopefully blossom into a proper striker in the coming years.

Big Andy

Bloke
Genuinely don't think we are in for a number 9 until Ronny leaves next summer, yes I appreciate that leaves us short of a backup to him this season.
Rashford can rotate between left forward and striker in the event Ronaldo is injured or rested, Martial also the same. Both of them know where the goal is, its just confidence with both of them. I honestly believe Martial and Rashford will surprise a lot of people this season, especially Martial.

Dutchinfo

I would go for Lautaro Martinez. Rashord on the right, Martinez as number nine and Ronaldo on the left.

MrSingh2002

Not getting Nunez or Nkunku was a miss. If we had our shit together earlier Nkunku may have been more interested.

Same with Nunez had they seen a project in progress. Hope we don't regret that. Not many clear candidates other than those two and I don't want to see us linked with Harry Kane now that Spurs are signing Richarlison.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nkunku, David, Lautaro Martinez, Isak, Oshimen, Schick, Joao Felix

Next summer now of course

Bojan Djordjic

Wow looks like Memphis is returning to us.

Know you're joking but I would take him as a cheap back up to Ronaldo as long as his salary isn't nuts.

Another guy I've been thinking might be decent and relatively cheap would be Joshua Zirkzee.

Someone

Something
If Ronaldo leaves our strike force will be the weakest of the top 6. Who could we potentially target?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
If Ronaldo leaves our strike force will be the weakest of the top 6. Who could we potentially target?
According to transfermarkt, I see that Jonathan David and Hugo Ekitike are players who have had a significant value increase over a year and whom we'd might target.

Maybe Isak? Malen?

From free agents just as a stopgap, Belotti or Suarez (lol, what a shithousery) are options, Diego Costa (lol) and Mertens too.

Dazzmondo

Wonder if ETH is considering Bruno as a false 9 now? VDB could do well in the number 10 position since his best asset is arriving in the box. I expect he would get quite a few goals from there.

De Gea

Dalot Varane/Maguire Martinez Shaw

McTominay/Fred/new CM FDJ

Sancho VDB Rashford

Bruno
Not going to lie, I'm panicking a bit now. I really didn't expect Ronaldo to leave until today. Jonathan David would be my 1st choice. I like Scamacca but he seems to want to stay in Italy. Ekitike is fine as a backup but too limited to be a 1st choice striker for us imo.

Primex

Jonathan David isn't good enough presently,not sure he could make a step up.
Dream would be swapping martial for vlahovic

Tragically Hip

If Ronaldo goes to Chelsea, we get Sterling from City. If he doesn’t work out, we haven’t signed an out and out striker and we can get one mid season or next summer and put Sterling on the wing. Obviously not a first choice, but he seems to be surplus at City.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Think of the potential sponsorship deals! Hear he's a big United supporter to boot.

I am assuming that our scouting system doesn’t have any upcoming gems.

I wonder who ETH had his eye on as potential Haller replacements.

Kxng Ander

Schick looks like our only proper option if we're going for a striker. We don't have the luxury of signing someone just good enough to be a backup when we were chasing Nunez (not hard enough) the other day and he's signed to our rivals. Oshimen is good but too high a fee and I'm not sure if he's what we need.

Can anyone who's seen him play tell me what his movement is like? This is the type of signing Cristiano wants to see to stay so I'm wondering if he drifts to the left even though he's left-footed.

T_Model101

It'll be some cheapo signing like Moussa Dembele from Lyon or Icardi on loan

Schick and Nkunku have just signed new deals right?
So they're out of the picture

Kxng Ander

I wouldn't say a new deal makes Schick impossible, I heard they've already signed a striker. We could get it done for €90-€100M, I think we should go for it.

I think even RB would sell if PSG came with the right offer but we're not going to throw up that type of money.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Rashford can rotate between left forward and striker in the event Ronaldo is injured or rested, Martial also the same. Both of them know where the goal is, its just confidence with both of them. I honestly believe Martial and Rashford will surprise a lot of people this season, especially Martial.
I always thought this could be the case, as he was great under LvG but treated appallingly by Mourinho and then seemed to come back to life under Ole, but I would worry that he failed quite badly in Seville, maybe it was coming to a club mid season, but I would have bet that Lopetegui would have got a tune out him, but it just did not happen. Maybe the motivation of a world cup place might help this season.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Now if this was FM I'd sell half the team, invest in a few cheap rising stars and promote some of the best from the reserves. From there I'd train relentlessly and focus on getting the team to play as a cohesive, confident bunch. I'd settle for an EL finish this year and invest heavily next summer. Pity real life is so complicated.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not getting Nunez or Nkunku was a miss. If we had our shit together earlier Nkunku may have been more interested.

Same with Nunez had they seen a project in progress. Hope we don't regret that. Not many clear candidates other than those two and I don't want to see us linked with Harry Kane now that Spurs are signing Richarlison.
Do you really see us spending over 80m trying to convince Nunez to come here over Liverpool? Because I don’t really see this being possible in any stretch.

Nkunku, there are other top clubs (ie Bayern) reportedly interest in him but he prefers to stay for another year, not a chance too.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Icardi on loan is definitely a good idea.

Chicharo

Icardi is like an unexploded bomb you can never tell with him. He could be a great asset yet he could be a failure. He's just too hot-headed
But if Ronaldo leaves we don't have much options. It could be the classic example of the expression beggars can't be choosers

SAFMUTD

Jonathan David isn't good enough presently,not sure he could make a step up.
Dream would be swapping martial for vlahovic
While we're at it maybe we can swap Maguire for Marquinhos and Rashford for Mbappe.