Potential Transfers

MUW4Eva

Im saying that I don’t think Ramsey and Bentley will be sold because they signed new deals before their loans. If it was me I’d loan them out again preferably to the same teams. If Ramsey wants to leave I don’t think she’ll get a first choice spot right now.

Baggers is a better deputy and has pushed Earps more than the young gks have.

We won’t agree about Fuso, so let’s leave it as that and we’ll see what happens.

One question have you followed woso for long? In the women’s game it’s far more usually to find players who play multiple positions like Fuso, Hanson, VBR, Batlle, Ladd etc.
With Birmingham's relegation, will Rambo want to play in the Championship?
With respect after playing a fair number of WSL games this season, will she not possibly view playing on the Championship as a step backwards in her career??

So I personally will be very interested to see what goes on with our goalkeepers, as I still maintain that we have a blockage, we have far too many fighting it out to at best regularly sit on the bench behind Mary, as it isn't as if Mary is old, she isn't even 30 yet, & since kerpers tend to get better as they age, unlike outfield players, I can't really see how any of Rambo, Baggers or Bentley will usurp her any time soon.

Now of course we need back ups etc, but these other goalkeepers have to ask themselves what they actually want out of their respective careers, are they happy to just be thought of as mere back ups, or fo they wish to be more than that??
If it is the latter, then I don't see how we can keep then happy enough to want to stay around.

In terms of women's football in general, I have followed it since the Euro's were last in this country, so that was 2007 wasn't it?
Obviously only as a neutral at club level, as sadly we didn't have a first team to support back then.

In terms of players playing on multiple positions, not sure I would agree with the addition of Hanson there, as she is in terms of what I have seen from her, a staunch right winger (not politically speaking, just purely her positional position!), which other role do you think she is just as good at playing??

No malice here, just curious....

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
With Birmingham's relegation, will Rambo want to play in the Championship?
With respect after playing a fair number of WSL games this season, will she not possibly view playing on the Championship as a step backwards in her career??

So I personally will be very interested to see what goes on with our goalkeepers, as I still maintain that we have a blockage, we have far too many fighting it out to at best regularly sit on the bench behind Mary, as it isn't as if Mary is old, she isn't even 30 yet, & since kerpers tend to get better as they age, unlike outfield players, I can't really see how any of Rambo, Baggers or Bentley will usurp her any time soon.

Now of course we need back ups etc, but these other goalkeepers have to ask themselves what they actually want out of their respective careers, are they happy to just be thought of as mere back ups, or fo they wish to be more than that??
If it is the latter, then I don't see how we can keep then happy enough to want to stay around.

In terms of women's football in general, I have followed it since the Euro's were last in this country, so that was 2007 wasn't it?
Obviously only as a neutral at club level, as sadly we didn't have a first team to support back then.

In terms of players playing on multiple positions, not sure I would agree with the addition of Hanson there, as she is in terms of what I have seen from her, a staunch right winger (not politically speaking, just purely her positional position!), which other role do you think she is just as good at playing??

No malice here, just curious....
I’ve seen Hanson play for Belles and United as both Left, right and centre in a 2. I actually think she’s just as good from the left as she’s almost 2 footed.

MUW4Eva

I’ve seen Hanson play for Belles and United as both Left, right and centre in a 2. I actually think she’s just as good from the left as she’s almost 2 footed.
Fair enough, personally I think of her as a right winger, I can't really remember the last time she played in a different role for us, bar maybe in an emergency due to injuries.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
So a 2nd shocking renewal of the week? The Spanish sources were saying she was going so this is a shock. Not sure it’s the right decision for her career but maybe Arsenal have major business done.

MUW4Eva

So a 2nd shocking renewal of the week? The Spanish sources were saying she was going so this is a shock. Not sure it’s the right decision for her career but maybe Arsenal have major business done.

To be fair, not sure where else she would start, Lyon, nope, Barcelona, nope, Wolfsburg, nope, so beyond that, it is a bit of a step down for her.

So staying with Arsenal is really her only realistic option.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Good news for Arsenal - maybe even a sign that they're planning to invest more to compete with Chelsea? We can debate her status amongst the very top layer in Europe, but it's hard to imagine Arsenal finding someone as talented or as reliable to replace her.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Good news for Arsenal - maybe even a sign that they're planning to invest more to compete with Chelsea? We can debate her status amongst the very top layer in Europe, but it's hard to imagine Arsenal finding someone as talented or as reliable to replace her.
It’s also going to cost her/Arsenal some money. Supposedly she signed a precontract with Barca and has now reneged on it. Barca are annoyed as they had no backup plan and will now have to pay extra to get Hermoso to renew.

MUW4Eva

It’s also going to cost her/Arsenal some money. Supposedly she signed a precontract with Barca and has now reneged on it. Barca are annoyed as they had no backup plan and will now have to pay extra to get Hermoso to renew.
Everyone wins in the end, Arsenal keep a top player, Viv gets regular first team football, and Barcelona get to keep a very good player.

It always seemed like a very strange move for Viv to go there.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
City news, the Stanway one has basically been confirmed and I'm concerned that the Shaw one may mean they're getting Katoto which would be awful.

MUW4Eva

It has been confirmed.

Let the departures from City begin!

MUW4Eva

City news, the Stanway one has basically been confirmed and I'm concerned that the Shaw one may mean they're getting Katoto which would be awful.

Until they sort out their CB situation, then I think that it will not really matter who they sign further forward.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Until they sort out their CB situation, then I think that it will not really matter who they sign further forward.
Laia Aleixandri who's coming in for them is a very good young player. If she settles it's sorted.

MUW4Eva

Laia Aleixandri who's coming in for them is a very good young player. If she settles it's sorted.
With Steph wayyyy past her prime, and questions over where best to play Greenwood (CB or FB), and Kennedy showing herself to be not of the standard required, they will need much more than to hope that a young player can adapt quickly to a new league, if they really want to push on and challenge the top teams.

MUW4Eva

There is the confirmation.

One down from City, hopefully a few more out of the door shortly.

MUW4Eva

Jill Scott is also leaving City, not that she will be at all missed there, as she is also another player waaayyyy psst her prime, (how she got in the England squad is mind blowing really).

Looks like a sort of end of one era, start of another one at City, with all of these departures.

I would like to think, that perhaps they will have a transitional season due to this shakeup, and one that we can take advantage of, but without knowing who is leaving us, and who is staying, it is hard to say what might be happening, or what might be possible for us next season.....

MUW4Eva

Now that the men's season is over, hopefully we will see some movement in terms of contracts, at the very least, if that was what we were waiting for.....

It is getting more and more concerning as the days pass by, I am not going to lie....

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Now that the men's season is over, hopefully we will see some movement in terms of contracts, at the very least, if that was what we were waiting for.....

It is getting more and more concerning as the days pass by, I am not going to lie....
It would be interesting to know what our budget is now. I've read a couple of reporters saying that United weren't expecting other clubs to increase their spending by so much and that we haven't increased ours. Of course, not everything is about money, but if the muttering is accurate, it's not a great omen for next season.

I hoped that having clubs like Barcelona and now Real Madrid get serious about their women's teams would inspire United to do the same. Unfortunately, the team may get lost in the midst of the struggle on the men's side. Horribly frustrating though when you think how little money (compared to what we spend on a single male squad member) is needed to bring us up into the mix in budget terms.

MUW4Eva

It would be interesting to know what our budget is now. I've read a couple of reporters saying that United weren't expecting other clubs to increase their spending by so much and that we haven't increased ours. Of course, not everything is about money, but if the muttering is accurate, it's not a great omen for next season.

I hoped that having clubs like Barcelona and now Real Madrid get serious about their women's teams would inspire United to do the same. Unfortunately, the team may get lost in the midst of the struggle on the men's side. Horribly frustrating though when you think how little money (compared to what we spend on a single male squad member) is needed to bring us up into the mix in budget terms.
Most definitely so, our budget needs to be improved hugely, if we continue to try to do things on the cheap, cutting costs and corners wherever possible, then we will go backwards, Spurs, Reading or others with even modest spending and good purchases could over take us (as I rate Kelly and the other Skinner VERY highly).

No news yet again so far on the 6 is it contracts that need sorting out (Turner, Staniforth, Russo, Groenen, Ona and Harris), as each day passes without any updates, it just becomes more and more concerning.

I honestly think that the club doesn't want to see the women's team be successful, they are okay/fine/happy with us being around, but they don't want to really push things out to really be successful.

It took Casey, covid, the NWSL shutting down, for us to get Press and Heath here, will we ever see such top level players at the club again.....sadly I am thinking not.

This summer will truly give us a good sign as to the true nature, the true direction the club wants to go with the women's team.

It honestly wouldn't take all THAT much cash to really put us in with a chance of doing well, not when you hear of listen to the sums that people are talking about in relation to the men's transfer window.

I don't know if you have seen the video that Tifo from the Athletic put out on Barcelona's women's side, but they went into a bit of detail about the structure behind the scenes there, and that is exactly the sort of structure we need with our women's team.

We come across as such an amateur set up by comparison.
I love and respect fully the work that Charlotte is doing at youth level, but it does all seem a but disconnected to the first team.
Playing at Altrincham's not exactly state of the art stadium isn't where they should be playing their games.

We need to be looking overall as to what really is the best methods for achieving and being successful in the long term, and right now, I don't think or belive we are doing anything of the sort.
It is very dispiriting, and frustrating.

One can only hope that things ARE happening behind the scenes, and that thr men's omnishambles is taking all the headlines away.

I want to have faith that we will be better next season than this one just gone, I really do, but right now, it is hard to do just that.