Pre Season Friendlies - United v Everton - 12:00 Sunday on MUTV

Grande

I have never understood why Baggaley was recruited unless we needed a dwarf in net with mediocre overall keeping skills. I dont mean harm with this, I just never understand why bringing in extremely short goalkeepers is ever needed. She could be a good 3rd keeper, thats about it. She is clearly not good enough for United and never was in the first place. You realize quickly how vital it is to have a good or top goalkeeper.
Maybe so. She shows confidence with the ball, standing high at times, and has a few very good saves. DeGea-like mistake of course, but for a 2nd/3rd keeper behind Earps she’s none too shabby.

Grande

Bayern is a class above, and shows our girls the benchmark. They’re so tough and organized at the nack, and shows some wonderful attacking mives at times to spread us out, pull us apart and cut us open. Deserved winners. Our girls shows up well for them selves, I think. Lot’s of changes, but there are good tendencies when we’re physically there.

Toone coming on clearly lifts us. Our first eleven is beginning to look good. Earps is a good keeper. Batlle is special, Le Tissier looks very promising, and hopefully we’ll get one of our first choice CB’s back from injury. Blundell is solid.

A midfield of Ladd, Zelem, Groenen, Moore, Stanisforth and Bøe Risa is a wealth of choices. I’m curious to see which forwards will take charge this season. Maybe we lavk something special there, compared to the other teams. We have depth, but no Miedema or Kerr.

RedMilo

Bayern is a class above, and shows our girls the benchmark. They’re so tough and organized at the nack, and shows some wonderful attacking mives at times to spread us out, pull us apart and cut us open. Deserved winners. Our girls shows up well for them selves, I think. Lot’s of changes, but there are good tendencies when we’re physically there.

Toone coming on clearly lifts us. Our first eleven is beginning to look good. Earps is a good keeper. Batlle is special, Le Tissier looks very promising, and hopefully we’ll get one of our first choice CB’s back from injury. Blundell is solid.

A midfield of Ladd, Zelem, Groenen, Moore, Stanisforth and Bøe Risa is a wealth of choices. I’m curious to see which forwards will take charge this season. Maybe we lavk something special there, compared to the other teams. We have depth, but no Miedema or Kerr.
Agree, Bayern were the better functioning team today.

With Earps to come back in the net. 3 out of the 4 at the back, looked okay to me - thought Le Tissier looks assured. Hopefully Turner / Mannion are back soon to add competition for places.

Midfield looks good, thought Clinton looked good in the last game, so surprised she didn't get some minutes tonight. Moore worked hard tonight and got about the pitch well. Out wide we have Parris/Galton/Hanson so plenty of options.

Up front is where we are short. If Russo stays, then we have a genuine threat up front, but after that our options look not really that prolific. I think we will be hard to beat in the WSL, but may struggle to score sufficient goals to put games to bed, are my thoughts at the moment.

Grande

Agree, Bayern were the better functioning team today.

With Earps to come back in the net. 3 out of the 4 at the back, looked okay to me - thought Le Tissier looks assured. Hopefully Turner / Mannion are back soon to add competition for places.

Midfield looks good, thought Clinton looked good in the last game, so surprised she didn't get some minutes tonight. Moore worked hard tonight and got about the pitch well. Out wide we have Parris/Galton/Hanson so plenty of options.

Up front is where we are short. If Russo stays, then we have a genuine threat up front, but after that our options look not really that prolific. I think we will be hard to beat in the WSL, but may struggle to score sufficient goals to put games to bed, are my thoughts at the moment.
Yes, we’ll have to hope two or three of our front runners take a step up this season.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
The main thing is we took out one of the Top teams in Europe with PSG but Bayern is a whole new level but we are getting there, just need the grit and determination and fight through the season to get to the Champions League this season

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
BCD matches are really hard to watch.

That said - great to see Millie Turner to come back to the team. A bit worrying that Ona Batlle isn't there - if it's personal, hopefully it's nothing bad, if it's a transfer, I'm not pleased.

Half way through the first half, still goalless and still not many chances for either side.

Lightbringer

I tuned the game on to see United fans enemy number 1 = Parris almost score. Would have been nice for her to get that goal as she needs to win the fans over!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Goalless at HT.

Overall, Everton had the better chances, but couldn't do much with them. United not really gelling at the moment - not surprising perhaps given this is the first preseason match for a big chunk of the team.

Lightbringer

why don’t fans like her? Because she’s a scouse liverpool fan?
This quote from her made fans very angry apparantely.

https://talksport.com/football/1178793/man-utd-nikita-parris-stadiums-wsl-euro-2022-anfield/?s=08

On her transfer from Arsenal, she said: “It is a move that will push my career on. In the last year, I’ve become a bit stagnant and I want to push on as a player to compete in the England team for the World Cup next year.

“At this moment, I can compartmentalise who I am playing for and who I support.”

But playing at Anfield is definitely something on her bucket list and something she will push for.

Parris added: “That is definitely on the bucket list and one I’d love to create. To play at Anfield would be a dream.”

ForeverRed1

This quote from her made fans very angry apparantely.

https://talksport.com/football/1178793/man-utd-nikita-parris-stadiums-wsl-euro-2022-anfield/?s=08

On her transfer from Arsenal, she said: “It is a move that will push my career on. In the last year, I’ve become a bit stagnant and I want to push on as a player to compete in the England team for the World Cup next year.

“At this moment, I can compartmentalise who I am playing for and who I support.”

But playing at Anfield is definitely something on her bucket list and something she will push for.

Parris added: “That is definitely on the bucket list and one I’d love to create. To play at Anfield would be a dream.”
Oh damn. I did see this. Not a very smart move and if liverpool kick on and build a decent womens team she would jump at the chance.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
why don’t fans like her? Because she’s a scouse liverpool fan?
That doesn't help!

Even beforehand though, the doubts were there. There's a reason she lost her place at Lyon and didn't get many starts at Arsenal - she doesn't look like the player she was when she was at her best for City and England.

We've apparently paid a transfer fee for an Arsenal benchwarmer and given her a top salary. If she gets her old form back, then I'm sure she'll be forgiven. If she doesn't then comments like those to Talk Radio will get held against her. Vague comments from Skinner about why he wanted her, like "she brings a winner's mentality" etc won't do enough to get over that.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
And we win a scruffy, scrappy game 1-0

That's the end of the preseason friendlies (that we know about). Most of the squad will head off to join their international teams now.

That means the bulk of the team won't be back training in Manchester until the Wednesday 7th - just in time to work on the tactics board prior to our opening WSL match - Spurs v United on Saturday 10th.