Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I've said 8th place, from the beginning and I am sticking with it.
Everything is transpiring as I thought.
I expect Ole to struggle (for top 4) and get fired in Dec 2019.

Woodward's aim is to get top 4, while spending as little as possible.
I believe that Everton have outspent us for 2 Summer transfer windows. Someone needs to check this as I am not 100% sure of this.

Zlatattack

6th.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester United

Joseunited

I've said 8th place, from the beginning and I am sticking with it.
Everything is transpiring as I thought.
I expect Ole to struggle (for top 4) and get fired in Dec 2019.

Woodward's aim is to get top 4, while spending as little as possible.
I believe that Everton have outspent us for 2 Summer transfer windows. Someone needs to check this as I am not 100% sure of this.
Didn't we finish above them last season?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we've still got enough for 4th. But it depends on Ole managing us well.

LiamB

Got to be optimistic and go for top 4! Far too many negative people on this forum.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Man Utd

Everton will finish above us. Mark my words.

AlwaysRed66

The problem is our manager is the worst of the top 6. So at a disadvantage from the off.

ash_86

Lampard did well at Derby last season. It is hard to evaluate at this time, but I think Lampard will do better.
Ole has done better in his prior club too. Also expectation at Cheslea is way higher than Derby and Chelsea aren't kind to their managers usually. Worst than us.

NecssryEvil

Based on the majority of what I have read on here lately, surprised no one has asked for an additional option of relegation.

4th with the slight possibility of an end of the season like 2017 where Ole and coaches make a decision to pursue top 4 or go for the winning Europa cup route.

MrSingh2002

4th, 5th and 6th the most voted for. Lack of midfield and recognised number 9 is why. Shame they didn't just go and get two midfielders and a number 9 and spent the next 3 weeks and January to get rid of excess.

FerociousCorgis

with spurs adding some depth surprisingly, really makes that 4th spot even tougher now. I've got faith in poch that they will integrate their pieces pretty well, especially if they keep Eriksen. Gonna be a fight between United, Arsenal, and Chelsea. Thankfully chelsea had their transfer ban so gives us an edge there.

Castia

6-7th

Really poor transfer window, the squad is a mess.

I feel this is the season the fans start to riot though, I think it will get ugly at OT.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ole has done better in his prior club too. Also expectation at Cheslea is way higher than Derby and Chelsea aren't kind to their managers usually. Worst than us.

The Crappy Norwegian league isn’t even close to the championship in anyway so you can’t really use that as a comparison.

I do think Lampard will have much bigger effect at Chelsea than Ole has at united.

Suedesi

I said 6th at the beginning of summer, and I still think we won't finish higher than that. Might win a cup. Will be a long season. Hoping the kids come through.

Alabaster Codify7

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Wolves
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Leicester City
8. Man United
9. Chelsea
10. feck knows. Maybe Watford.

We will be around 40-45 points off the top.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
6th, may slip up a position or two if Leicester and Everton have a great season.

ash_86

The Crappy Norwegian league isn’t even close to the championship in anyway so you can’t really use that as a comparison.

I do think Lampard will have much bigger effect at Chelsea than Ole has at united.
Good luck to him then. 10-2-0 is the score to beat ;)

Nico87

Surprised to see Everton rated so highly isn’t their 1st choice defence going to have Michael Keane and Yerry Mina at the centre of it with no real cover?. Also not having Gueye to protect them will only exasperate the situation, I’m expecting them to be really unbalanced.

djembatheking

City dropped 30 points over the last 2 seasons while we dropped 48 points last season alone . It is possible by the end of this season City will have dropped less points in 3 seasons than United have in 1 .
I reckon highest United finish will be 6th .

Dazzmondo

Considering the signings the other teams made I think we'll finish 9th. Our midfield and attack is weaker than last season and I don't see Maguire as much of an improvement. AWB was a great signing but a rb isn't going to transform our team. I'll be shocked if the top 4 isn't City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Leicester, Everton and Wolves have all made some really good signings imo and I expect all to have good seasons. Chelsea are probably going to struggle too so maybe we could finish ahead of them but they still have a more well rounded (if unspectacular) team imo. Even West Ham look a lot stronger after signing Haller. I still think we'll finish ahead of them because of their weak defence but if that improves they could also be competiton

steve.crowford

1. Man City - Still the team to beat, and my tip to win the Champions League as well. They've got mega rich owners, a top manager and players to boot. Unstoppable.

2. Liverpool - The only team capable of challenging City for the title, getting 96 points and still not winning the title is incredible. Have loads of firepower and a good defense and midfield as well.

3. Tottenham - Same as the last few years, just not quite consistent enough to win PL. But, unfortunately, they are better than we are ATM. Like Liverpool, have plenty of goals in them, but not as good in defense or midfield.

4. Chelsea - Hazard will be impossible to replace, Pulisic and the young player (whichever ones Frank gives an opportunity to) step up to the plate.

5. Man United - Just a bunch of individuals rather than a team. Pogba is a joke, Wan Bissaka isn't what he is cracked up to be and Harry Maguire is just a fat version of Rio Ferdinand. The manager isn't great either.

6. Arsenal - Like Man United, just a bunch of individuals either than a team. The keeper isn't particularly great, the midfield is unbalanced and their defense is a disaster waiting to happen. Their forwards are good though, but they can't keep carrying the team.

7. Everton - Will have their ups and downs, but with the right signings and a bit more consistency can be the best of the rest outside the top six.

8. Wolves - Neat and tidy side, but lack a bit of firepower at times, and being in the Europa league might hinder rather than help their chances of improving on last years' fine effort

9. C Palace - Depends whether they can keep Zaha, but with Roy Hodgson at the helm, they are in safe hands.

10. Leicester - Not sure what to make of them. The one worry for them is Jamie Vardy isn't getting any younger, and not exactly watertight at the back either. Lots of creativity in the team though.

11. West Ham - Same old, same old. Arnoutovic is no great loss though, he's more trouble than he's worth Should have no problems about a relegation battle.

12. Watford - Form faded badly at the end of lat season, and that cup final hammering by Man City will still be fresh in the mind. Mind you, they're manger Javi Gracia is a shrewd operator and will keep them afloat for another season at least. Only worry is Troy Deeney is the wrong side of 30, how many more seasons will they get out of him?

13. Bournemouth - Full of goals in attack, but also full of holes at the back. For me, it's the former category that will be the reason they survive once again, they play good football unlike several other teams I could mention.

14. Norwich - For me, the best equipped of the promoted teams to survive. Play fearless attacking football, if Teemu Pukki can score 15 goals or more, they'll be fine. A bit leaky at the back though.

15. Southampton - Ralph Hassenhutl did well to keep them up last season, he made them better organized at the back but they struggled to score goals. Danny Ings was too injury prone, Shane Long is a willing worker but not a good finisher, and Charlie Austin has been a huge flop thus far. They will be hoping Che Adams can remedy the chronic lack of goals,

16. Burnley - Would love it if they went down, horrible team and manager to boot. But will probably stay up again, with their cynical tactics. Lack of goals again could be the problem, Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood don't score too many goals.

17. Newcastle - The fat one has gone, but the other fat one (Mike Ashley) is still there, so that means more doom and gloom for the Geordie faithful. Whatever you think of Steve Bruce, he's in a lose-lose situation. Both strikers Rondon and Perez have gone, and be given buttons and beads as cash to replace them. The only reason I feel they'll survive is there are 3 worse teams than them.

18. Brighton - The decision to sack Chris Hughton will come back to bite them on the backside. OK, they slid down the table towards the end of last season, but Graham Potter as Hughton's replacement? What did he do at Swansea that was so great I ask? If you gave me a choice between Hughton or Potter to manage my team, I would pick Hughton every time. Glen Murray can't go on forever, and there is a lack of creativity in the team as well. They're going down.

19. Aston Villa - A welcome return to the PL, but Jack Grealish apart, none of their players are top flight standard. A long, hard season beckons., and it will end in relegation.

20. Sheff Utd - Chris Wilder has worked miracles there, and he'll have to work another one if the Blades are to survive in the ruthless world of the Premiership. Unfortunately, I think they will come up well short.

Predictions:
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. ManUtd
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

AllezLesDiables

City
United
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Wolves
West Ham
Watford

City is still the team to beat, however we have improved massively since Ole took over (late season blip noted) and now he has a full preseason and some key signings to mold this team into his team. That's my first "bold" prediction. My second bold prediction is that Sanchez is going to come good this year. Not on the left, but rather in the hole as our new #10 behind the striker. He has been poor for the most part, but a pressing game suits his style and I think he will eventually earn his way back into our starting 11...

Brighton, Sheffield United and Newcastle round off this years relegated teams...
More likely the that Blades beat United than get relegated. The Blades are very well coached and are quite cohesive.

Idxomer

I voted 7th before the start of the league.

Now, I'm thinking to change it to below 8th.

manunited1919

Ole took out Andreas and Mata (who was one of our best attackers today) to put in Matic and Lindgard. What a joke.

I just changed to below 8th.

Sanchez7

Repost from a different thread. I would go for 8th.

Last five Man United managers ranked after 32 games
  1. Jose Mourinho – W21 D6 L5 – Win rate 65.6 per cent
  2. David Moyes – W18 D6 L8 – Win rate 56.3 per cent
  3. Louis van Gaal – W17 D9 L6 – Win rate 53.1 per cent
  4. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – W17 D5 L10 – Win rate 53.1 per cent.

Let’s not forget he got 26 points in his first 10 games.

31 points in the next 23 games, if we continue the trend we will end between 5-60 points for the season which will put us around #6-8 on the table.