Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucas Hood!!

4th but I have that down to Chelsea struggling without new signings & Arsenal being Arsenal.

We've signed Maguire , James & AWB but the Midfield is in tatters. I don't rate McTominay at all, Matic slow like fcuk, Pogba doesn't wanna be here.
Andreas tidy but not a CM imo.

Not replacing Herrera & Fellaini is a big mistake.

Reactions: Sultan

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
5th based on the fact we have a mid-table midfield at best, relegation level without Pogba. We'll get dominated by the top teams next season without Herrera's energy being replaced.

Mainoldo

6th again. More moaning about United DNA; Pogba being a virus and give the youth a chance.

Same bullshit; but clear unfixed problems.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
People predicting outside the top 6 were not paid enough attention as children.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm predicting 5th spot (unless a midfielder arrives in the next 20 hours). We have the quality to finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th. There are a lot of factors though, injuries, Ole's (and his staff's) coaching abilities and the mentality of the squad. I could see us start well and retain that level of performance and I could also see us struggle in the first couple of months and see the same cave-in mentality that we've seen so often in recent years. Who knows...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't think it's that implausible to be honest. We are much closer to Wolves, Everton and Leicester than we are the top 2.

I think we will just about cling on to 6th but it won't be pretty. Europa League or bust for us. If we don't win that then we are truly fecked.

Infra-red

Don't think it's that implausible to be honest. We are much closer to Wolves, Everton and Leicester than we are the top 2.

I think we will just about cling on to 6th but it won't be pretty. Europa League or bust for us. If we don't win that then we are truly fecked.
We were as close to relegation last season (32 points) as we were to Liverpool (31 points) or City (32 points).

Third. Behind the obvious top 2. It’s only 15 months ago we finished 2nd. I think the drastic (hopefully!) improvement defensively will have a really positive affect throughout the team n

izec

7th.

Midfield too weak. Attack too inconsistent. De Gea question marks. some squad players complete passengers. We fixed the RB and CB position. The midfield and attack not and our squad as a whole bloated with underperformers

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
There's a massive overrating of Herrera now he's gone. It would have been nice for him to stay but McTominay had better individual performances last season than Herrera did and he's effectively Herrera's replacement.....
Wrong. He was effectively Fellaini's upgrade replacement. Herrera hasn't been replaced in any shape or form. Our midfield options have shrunk enough to give Garner a genuine chance of playing a good numbers of game this season. We have to pray he is up for the challenge

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
:D damn right mate !

we were horrific for large parts of last season, yet we were still only a few points off top4 and Im confident we will be better this season

Mancnz

An optimistic 4th.

I think IF we get a good start we'll do really well but I'm certain we'll have a bit of a wobble mid season (lack of squad depth will show) but we'll scrape 4th in the end.
Also just having an almost new team (playing style , manager ,some players) agree we will have rough spells around mid season.

Mancnz

City
United
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Wolves
West Ham
Watford

City is still the team to beat, however we have improved massively since Ole took over (late season blip noted) and now he has a full preseason and some key signings to mold this team into his team. That's my first "bold" prediction. My second bold prediction is that Sanchez is going to come good this year. Not on the left, but rather in the hole as our new #10 behind the striker. He has been poor for the most part, but a pressing game suits his style and I think he will eventually earn his way back into our starting 11...

Brighton, Sheffield United and Newcastle round off this years relegated teams...
Been thinking similar things about sanchez if he stays healthy, some quality there about him still.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I mean conversely, you can point out how awful we were at the end of the season.
After the team was shagged due to piss poor fitness regime from the fraud earlier in the season.

Sorry, but teams dont go from one extreme to the other just like that. It was clear as day to anybody who understands sports science that the team was just burnt out.

We literally went from one of the laziest teams in the PL to the hardest working back to the laziest.

Eddy_JukeZ

After the team was shagged due to piss poor fitness regime from the fraud earlier in the season.

Sorry, but teams dont go from one extreme to the other just like that. It was clear as day to anybody who understands sports science that the team was just burnt out.

We literally went from one of the laziest teams in the PL to the hardest working back to the laziest.
Well we'll see how we fare this season then.

We should be finishing 3rd quite comfortably then if we go by your thesis.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't know why people are still peddling this "United are a low scoring team" malarkey....
Only 3 teams scored significantly more goals than United last term, City, Liverpool & Arsenal, and that's hardly surprising is it.

For all their rave reviews, Spurs only scored a mere 2 more than United, and United outscored every other team in the league.

Defensively United were awful, conceding 54....Our new look back 5 should shave at least 20 off of that tally.

But the problem area going into the new season is the Midfield, which is looking so weak.
Last season United's midfield were routinely dominated by the likes of Watford, West Ham & Leicester, yet we have done nothing to address that.
I think if we'd got even just one top class MF signed we'd be odds on to make the top 4, but once again relying on Matic, Mata & Fred will be our downfall I fear, and I think we'll finish 6th at best, wouldn't be totally shocked if we are 7th.

San Diego Red

I see us coming third, we have improved massively in our weakest area. Midfield is worse and our attack is about the same. I’d say 2 steps forward 1 step back.
City and Liverpool don’t need an explanation. Chelsea will call this year a write off, Arsenal and Spurs will have their highs and lows.
City 96
Liverpool 94
United 83
Spurs 81
Chelsea 75
Arsenal 73

Reactions: Rood

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Anyone that predict Ole finish below fourth means they don’t have faith in ole and we might as well sack him now and get a manager that can get us top four. We are United. I believe a lot of fans forgot what that means. Accepting anything but top four is unacceptable.

Runaway Sue

Anyone that predict Ole finish below fourth means they don’t have faith in ole and we might as well sack him now and get a manager that can get us top four. We are United. I believe a lot of fans forgot what that means. Accepting anything but top four is unacceptable.
Predicting and accepting are two entirely different things.

I predict us to finish 7-8th due to us having probably the worst manager in the league and one of the worst midfields in the league. On top of that our new manager will have.. wait for it.. Rashford(!) spearheading our team going in to the future. This wont end well at all.

City, pool, arse, chelsea, leicester, spurs, wolves and everton are all better sides than us with far, far better managers. Leicester and wolves might be close to us but they have better managers who will push them above us.

Should have gone all out for Poch. Unfortunately we went out looking for filet mignon but came back with a greasy kebab. But hey ho, we are used to make massive mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Son

I doubt we'll reach 80 points this season unfortunately. It's a shame since we have actually made the right kind of signings, not enough of them but we are on the right track.
We're gonna lack goals unless Gomez & Greenwood turn into mini Mbappe & Messi. We are a complete unknown quantity but I'd assume we'll be better than Chelsea.

Jambalaya

After years of bad spending and planing i think this will be our worst post SAF season.
Midfield is laughable,RW is still nonexistent.It is sad to say but we are not that special anymore,we are midtable club.
8th.
P.S , Hello to all and sorry for my weak english.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The best thing about now is that the hope is there. I went for 5th but hoping for better of course.
Bring it on!

CM10

I'll be optimistic and say 4th but realistically we might finish as low as 6th again. The lack of additions in midfield could hurt us badly.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I see us coming third, we have improved massively in our weakest area. Midfield is worse and our attack is about the same. I’d say 2 steps forward 1 step back.
City and Liverpool don’t need an explanation. Chelsea will call this year a write off, Arsenal and Spurs will have their highs and lows.
City 96
Liverpool 94
United 83
Spurs 81
Chelsea 75
Arsenal 73
Attack the same with Lukaku gone?

Terminator

City 96
Liverpool 94
United 83
Spurs 81
Chelsea 75
Arsenal 73
There is no way we will finish above Spurs. They have finished above us 5 times in last 6 years for a reason. They are better than us.

Terminator

It's going to be 5th or 6th. Shocking that everyone at the club seemed to have accept mediocrity.

MaroonDevil

6th if Pogba stays
11th if Pogba leaves

No way that Fred is going to turn to be a star.