Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

San Diego Red

There is no way we will finish above Spurs. They have finished above us 5 times in last 6 years for a reason. They are better than us.
There is no way we will finish above Spurs. They have finished above us 5 times in last 6 years for a reason. They are better than us.
We finish ahead of them 2/5 in the last five years, and Spur peaked in 2016-17 if there new signings don’t kick off I see them turning into Arsenal 2.0

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We finish ahead of them 2/5 in the last five years, and Spur peaked in 2016-17 if there new signings don’t kick off I see them turning into Arsenal 2.0
They peaked in the seasons before the reached the UCL final?

Cassidy

Lukaku only scored like 15 goals last season between James Greenwood and Chong we can easily do that.
He scored 27 the season before and I don’t believe between those 3 we can easily replace Lukakus goals overall.

Pretty sure Lukaku was the top scorer of the attackers under Ole too

Hughes35

I can't see a top 3 other than City, Liverpool and Tottenham (In any order).

Other than that we really could be anywhere between 4th-8th. I think Arsenal will be the main competition for 4th, Chelsea will struggle.

Havak

Pokemon master
I've gone for 5th. I think we'll be marginally better than Chelsea assuming we put all our eggs in one basket (Premier League), whilst playing youth and squad players in the Cups. I think Arsenal will actually finish 4th which annoys me because I think they are absolutely fecking awful.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@VanGaalyTime less than 8th?!

I assume that's a joke!

I can't believe anyone actually thinks we are that bad

Last edited:

Terminator

The only time we finished above them was when we finished 2nd right? Am I missing something?

Also they made it to the CL finals just 2 months back beating top teams on the way. They are nowhere near finished, infact they might be just getting started.

ottosec

5th or 6th at best.

We have a very solid back 5, no complaints here.

We have an average midfield which will turn to trash if something happens to Pogba.

We have an inconsistent attack that can't really be relied upon to supply the goals we need unless Martial or Rashford step up another level this year.

MUFC OK

City and Liverpool are two fantastically well developed team, virtually no weaknesses. Spurs are adding the cherry on their cake with Dybala and could have the strongest midfield in the league. They are all well, far, out of reach.

Arsenal have had a fantastic window considering and have strengthened all of their weak areas to a degree. Chelsea I actually think could be in for a long season, similarly to us. Wolves will struggle with europe and then theres Leicester and Everton who have showed real ambition this window.

We could conceivably finish behind all of those teams especially if Pogba gets injured for any length of time. In reality I think we will pip Leicester and Wolves.

7th.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Our midfield is 7th or 8th at best.
I'd back Wolves' and Leicester's midfield in a contest with us.

Donk3y

8th

We will still concede a lot of goals, because our midfield will offer no protection. Also, scoring will be a problem, since nobody in midfield offers no creativity bar Pogba. Speaking on Pogba, he is going to start sulking as soon as the team faces some problems.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The squad is full of players who are beaten before they step on to the field.

They might just about get 4th if they had a really good season. But it's more likely to be 6th as Pogba will stop trying by Sep to get a move to Real in Jan.

VanGaalyTime

@VanGaalyTime less than 8th?!

I assume that's a joke!

I can't believe anyone actually thinks we are that bad
I don't know whether we'll finish in the top 6 or not, mate. But without any new additions and unless two of the youngsters become starting 11 players in the next few months, we're not getting top 4. We'd need Liverpool or Arsenal to drop off significantly. I'm hyped to see the youngsters play but I think the squad is about 6th best in the league given current midfield and attack.

Kurton

New member here, been lurking for a long time, but could not hold back posting something.

I'm resigned to us finishing 6th, which is the most optimistic I can be. We'll have lots of draws against below 10 teams and lots of losses against other top 5. It all depends on how we do against the likes of Leicester, Everton, and Wolves. If we lose against these, then I can see us drop to 8th or even 9th :(

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I don't know whether we'll finish in the top 6 or not, mate. But without any new additions and unless two of the youngsters become starting 11 players in the next few months, we're not getting top 4. We'd need Liverpool or Arsenal to drop off significantly. I'm hyped to see the youngsters play but I think the squad is about 6th best in the league given current midfield and attack.
I am confident for Top4 but I expect it to be very close between 3 or 4 teams again so 6th I can understand - but 9th?!

I assumed it was only opposition fans who could be that negative about our chances !

VanGaalyTime

I am confident for Top4 but I expect it to be very close between 3 or 4 teams again so 6th I can understand - but 9th?!

I assumed it was only opposition fans who could be that negative about our chances !
Depends on so many factors. I believe, without injuries, and if our youngsters like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, and James have brilliant seasons, we'll get top 4.

But I think our pressing style will lead to injuries, which we haven't covered by transfers. And I can also see Pogba getting fed up at some point, removing one of our only creative forces. We'll still likely finish about 6th, but I don't see that 6th-to 10th is outside the realms of possibility. Obviously this is a mostly negative point of view, likely because of the mess of the transfer window. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of Ole's plan after Sunday.

Kurton

Depends on so many factors. I believe, without injuries, and if our youngsters like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, and James have brilliant seasons, we'll get top 4.

But I think our pressing style will lead to injuries, which we haven't covered by transfers. And I can also see Pogba getting fed up at some point, removing one of our only creative forces. We'll still likely finish about 6th, but I don't see that 6th-to 10th is outside the realms of possibility. Obviously this is a mostly negative point of view, likely because of the mess of the transfer window. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of Ole's plan after Sunday.
It's not even negativity I think, it's mostly being realistic. None of our attacking options have proved to be reliable at getting goals. With Herrera we had a player who used intercept lot of passes and set up attacks. We have lost that option as well, so I think we are going to be really struggling to get goals without a player who can take on defenders and beat them. We also do not have a great attacking outlets from fullback positions either with doubts over both AWB and Shaw in terms of attacking output. It could be one of the lowest scoring seasons since Fergie retired.

We are going to lose lots of points against lower teams. If we can hold on against top teams and Wolves and likes, we might have a chance at 6th. Teams like Leicester, Wolves, etc have a much better attack and midfield than us, defense will be our only saving grace.

Last edited:

caid

4th is the best we can hope for imo. 6th is more realistic, probably have enough of a gap to everton and leicester to stay ahead of them.

Todd

6th, with our lowest-ever goals tally in the EPL era

Unless something major happens before the transfer deadline this is going to be the most timid United squad from an attacking standpoint we've seen.

NK86

We are a Pogba injury away from being truly fecked. With international breaks and our general luck with injuries, I honestly feel we will be in absolute shambles and think Everton will jump above us. Expecting us to finish 7th.

Feels like the Moyes season without the hope or squad of champions.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Predicting and accepting are two entirely different things.

I predict us to finish 7-8th due to us having probably the worst manager in the league and one of the worst midfields in the league. On top of that our new manager will have.. wait for it.. Rashford(!) spearheading our team going in to the future. This wont end well at all.

City, pool, arse, chelsea, leicester, spurs, wolves and everton are all better sides than us with far, far better managers. Leicester and wolves might be close to us but they have better managers who will push them above us.

Should have gone all out for Poch. Unfortunately we went out looking for filet mignon but came back with a greasy kebab. But hey ho, we are used to make massive mistakes.
Better managers definitely, better sides? Not all of them are far better. Fans seems to ignore that when ole took charge we were on top of the table. This is evidence that we have a great side that is capable of challenging for the title. Back then we didn’t have AWB and Maguire, so just imagine how stronger we are at the moment. The only team with a vastly superior “squad” than us is Manchester City. Else, we are superior or evenly matched with other of our rivals with regards to our squad.

I understand the fans opinion who don’t have any faith in Ole that they think we will finish outside top four. However, I don’t understand the fans who backed Ole and think we will finish outside top four.

Infra-red

4th/5th/6th leading the vote. That's probably about right, although we'd really need the youngsters to step up and the side to properly gel, if we want to be nearer the top of that mini league (presumably with Arsenal & Chelsea).

Arsenal have a better coach and a much better attack, Chelsea's squad is better balanced than ours, but, like us, they have a novice in charge.

Wolves, Leicester and Everton really will not be far away.

San Diego Red

The only time we finished above them was when we finished 2nd right? Am I missing something?

Also they made it to the CL finals just 2 months back beating top teams on the way. They are nowhere near finished, infact they might be just getting started.
The CL is 50% luck, we beat PSG last year to. But there league form has been getting worse because they been going further in cups without improving there squad. Point am trying to make is they don’t have the squad to compete, there XI is great but that’s it.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I'll go with 6th. Think we'll struggle for goals.

San Diego Red

He scored 27 the season before and I don’t believe between those 3 we can easily replace Lukakus goals overall.
Pretty sure Lukaku was the top scorer of the attackers under Ole too
He scored 12 league goals last campaign that can easily be out done by those 3, and they will contribute a lot more going forward since they fit the system better.

SER19

6th. Absolutely shafted in the window again. Yes we spent 140.but less than 70 net again and failed to address 3 arguably 4 key positions, while losing Fellaini herrera and lukaku and not really replacing them.

I said in May it was the biggest window in clubs history and Woodward has done as instructed by the glazers and kept a tidy margin.

I hope ole works a miracle, that's what it will take.

Cassidy

He scored 12 league goals last campaign that can easily be out done by those 3, and they will contribute a lot more going forward since they fit the system better.
You hope. Easily is likely not true especially with the lack of creativity in the side

Sea-Cow

The squad is full of players who are beaten before they step on to the field.

They might just about get 4th if they had a really good season. But it's more likely to be 6th as Pogba will stop trying by Sep to get a move to Real in Jan.
Yep. Relying on Pogba to carry us is so so so foolish.

I just don't understand how anyone can look at Rashford, Martial, and Alexis and think that will be enough goals. Its insane.

Feel sad for Ole, but no chance he makes it to April.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Bookies currently have us finishing 4th ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal