Predict our final position - 19/20 season (Poll added)

Predict United's final position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walters_19_MuFc

The way I see it, City and Liverpool are miles ahead and our direct rivals for top four are Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Leicester might be there and thereabouts, too. This means, whenever any of these drop points, im happy.

Chelsea dropped points today. One of Arsenal or Spurs, or perhaps both will drop points tomorrow.

Only four games in. Not the end of the world that we've started slowly, but we cant afford to slip too far behind the potential top four teams.

Infra-red

60% of the caf think we'll finish outside the top 4.

I wonder if expectations have ever been so low going into a Premier League season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Between 5th and 9th.

Us and Chelsea are woeful. Big opportunity for the likes of Leicester and friends to overtake us both.

Top 4 already sorted for me, City, Pool, Spurs, Arse

It's sad that the two sides who contested the first all British CL final just 11 years ago are in such a state now. They are better at recovering from bad situations than us though, they won the league the year after they finished 10th, so I can see them being back on track before us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Picked 7th. Think there's a slight chance we might be lower. We've faced lower placed clubs since the Chelsea game and on each match day, I have failed to see a difference in quality on the pitch.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Looks likely, if we continue the form since march, we'll end up anywhere in the region of 8th-12th. But we've got more in common with the bottom ten teams at the moment, we've won like 6 matches in the last 22 or something? Statistically we're looking at something like 50-55 points if we only win 1/3 of our matches and pick up a draw here and there.

Will Singh

I originally said 6th and I’m sticking to it, it won’t be as easy as I first thought but I think we will do it but not sure with or without Ole...

AlwaysRed66

I originally said 6th & I really don't know where we are heading. Interesting how 4% thought we would win the title, the same as thought we would finish below 8th.

MisterLupus

I think top-four is beyond us (I'll probably cry if that happens) but if we get reinforced and our offense back on track during January I believe we might make a run for it at least and finish 5th-6th. That's the bare minimum of what I expect - if not then we need to make some hard decisions as to who'll be in charge next season.

I originally said 6th & I really don't know where we are heading. Interesting how 4% thought we would win the title, the same as thought we would finish below 8th.
Extreme opposites usually have more in common than they'd ever care to admit. This is true in most things - whether it be politics or football ;)

Eric7C

4th - if Ole is sacked and a decent manager is appointed (well before Christmas).

18th - if Ole and his coaches continue.

Hughie77

If nothing changes, below 8th, if we grow wings buy a striker, a CM in Jan at least top 6 with a massive push top 4, depending on who or if we buy, and if the current manager is still here.

Inter Yer Nan

Said 5th in August, now I'm saying 8th is our ceiling with Ole. I don't think we are better than the other "big six" and Leicester and Wolves have overtaken us. I can see one or two other teams perhaps finishing ahead of us too. A bottom half finish is very, very realistic.

The Neville wears Prada

I think we will finish 12th at best... I fancy the battling spirit of teams like West Ham, Norwich, Sheff Utd and Bournemouth over us unfortunately

reddevilchennai

If we can get rid of Ole and get someone like Wenger or Blanc as caretaker, we can turn this around and finish in top 6. Further Ole stays, further we are going down.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
8th (Ole stays until May).

Other than perhaps current Spurs (their squad alone should guarantee Top5-6), we are the worst of the Top6 clubs, and Leicester is better than us. I'd say 7th, but somehow we will drop points at the last two matches (weak and predictable) and end up 8th, with Palace or WH 7th.

Robbie Boy

I said 6th when I voted on this in the summer but I must have been feeling optimistic.

AndersB

I voted 5th and that still seems likely enough. I'd give us 10% to end up 4th, 10% to end up below 7th, and about 30/40/10 for for 5th, 6th and 7th

caid

Depends on signings really. Were not going to win many games with a midfield of Lingard, Matic and Fred. I said 6th in the summer but even that'll be a struggle with that midfield for 2 months.

Paul_Scholes18

Right now it feels like 6th. Although both Arsenal and Spurs are a bit hard to predict.
Chelsea should get top 4 with the lead they have.

El Zoido

6th, but let’s hope Ole will have a hot streak towards the end if the season like last year.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
5th. Only because I think Spurs will implode and Arsenal will go back to being dross once the adrenaline of the new manager wears off. Be interesting to see how Everton get on with Ancelotti and big Dunc. Always thought they had a half decent squad and for me will be one of our biggest challengers for top 6.

dove

Voted 6th before the season started, I think I was too optimistic.

RedIan

5th a best - unless we bring in 2 top quality midfielders this window then we might scrape top 4.

IrishMcD

Said outside top 8 at start of season and I'm sticking with it. Weak squad, a lot of minutes put in by key players and injuries and fatigue will take over. The drop of in standards from our best 11 to the next is huge and out best 11 is weak. January transfer window is massive for us, if we don't make 2-4 signings there isn't a hope of top 4

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
January transfer window is massive for us, if we don't make 2-4 signings there isn't a hope of top 4
January transfer window is extremely hard for making deals as no one wants to lose players in the middle of the season (you generally only have players who will be free in the summer, stuck on the bench or players from lesser clubs).

+ We had hard time getting 3 deals this whole summer, so I feel anyone who expects more then 1 player in this window will be left disappointed.

IrishMcD

January transfer window is extremely hard for making deals as no one wants to lose players in the middle of the season (you generally only have players who will be free in the summer, stuck on the bench or players from lesser clubs).

+ We had hard time getting 3 deals this whole summer, so I feel anyone who expects more then 1 player in this window will be left disappointed.
I agree with ya mate, I don't expect them but I think we badly need them and if we were run like a Barca, Real, Juve etc we would make it happen (not that they'd have gotten themselves into a state like this in the first place)

steffyr2

We have the most continuously injured players. Maybe it's because we gave so many away in the summer that it stands out now, but it seems like players will be crawling by March.

dasty

We have the most continuously injured players. Maybe it's because we gave so many away in the summer that it stands out now, but it seems like players will be crawling by March.
We are always in an injury crisis ever since SAF left. Our medical team is probably the worst in the world, no exaggeration at all. If you check our injury records for the past few seasons you will realize that we are always at the top of the league, with no other clubs even close to us. I think that my local GP and physio would do better than our current medical team.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Almost 85% of the caf thought we'd finish 4th or lower. That answers the question - 'how did United perform this season' and 'Is Ole the right man to take us forward?'.