RashyForPM

Games:
20 September - Man United vs Crystal Palace
26 September - Brighton vs Man United
3 October - Man United vs Tottenham
17 October - Newcastle vs Man United
24 October - Man United vs Chelsea
31 October - Man United vs Arsenal

3 top 6 teams in there, but all at home. For me, I’m predicting wins against Palace, Brighton, Spurs and Newcastle preceding draws against Chelsea and Arsenal, resulting in 14 points from 18. Would I be happy with that? Yes, as it’s a good basis to begin the season, although 18 from 18 is more than possible.

What say the Caf?

K Stand Knut

10 currently

one of your predicted wins will be a draw. I seriously doubt we’ll win 4 on the bounce from the start.

well lose against one of Arsenal or Chelsea

will reassess along the way, and especially after October 6th

RashyForPM

That is some tough opening couple of
Months :eek: I’m going 12 points
10 currently

one of your predicted wins will be a draw. I seriously doubt we’ll win 4 on the bounce from the start.

well lose against one of Arsenal or Chelsea

will reassess along the way, and especially after October 6th
There are some right pessimistic predictions here :nervous: And there I was thinking 18 from 18 was possible.

The thing is, our first 11 is good enough to rollercoaster through September and October, and the rest of the season will be dictated by whether we get both Telles and Sancho or not.

Revaulx

Win the first three :drool:

Get overconfident and sloppy. Lose at Newcastle.

Easily beat Chelsea, who are still having trouble getting the new signings to gel.

Lose to Arsenal. Tactical masterclass from Mr Lego Hair.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Easily beat Chelsea, who are still having trouble getting the new signings to gel.

"Lego hair" , such an accurate depicting :lol:

JuriM

16 points, hard games but, our thin squad starts off well. The hard period comes right after the last International break.

ForeverRed1

There are some right pessimistic predictions here :nervous: And there I was thinking 18 from 18 was possible.

The thing is, our first 11 is good enough to rollercoaster through September and October, and the rest of the season will be dictated by whether we get both Telles and Sancho or not.
18 from 18 is possible :) but I do think we will drop some points .. it’s a tough start .. also depends on who we sign :)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
12-14 points, which is decent. 2ppg is what our aim should be over the season to get top 4 which has to be the target this season all things considered.

Crustanoid

Given our transfer prowess:

20 September - Man United vs Crystal Palace L 0-1
26 September - Brighton vs Man United L 3-1
3 October - Man United vs Tottenham L 0-4
17 October - Newcastle vs Man United L 4-3
24 October - Man United vs Chelsea L 1-4
31 October - Man United vs Arsenal L 0-6

with injuries mounting up left right and centre. Plane banner arranged for match 7, whoever that is.

If we sign Sancho you can pretty much reverse all the results above

ForeverRed1

lego hair is defiantly James Everton. Or maybe he’s a real life ken doll?:confused:

Chipper

Adulterer.
So nobody was right. I was over optimistic as were most of us.

Average, and I'm almost certain some of the most pessimistic ones weren't being serious but I've include them anyway was 9.72.

13 people (72%) thought we'd do better than we have, 5 worse (28%).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do you reckon you're in a worse state now or 12 months back?

Just checked and on this weekend last year you'd just lost 1-0 at Bournemouth and were 10th with 13 points from 11 games, just over a point per game like now.

I would say now your squad/first 11 is far better than it was this time last season (Young, Pereira and James all started the Bournemouth game) and Lingard was main attacking change.

Man. United is funny one last few years. Just when you see to have hit rock bottom you go on mad 10 match winning streak as you pretty much did to haul in Leicester and Chelsea and get 3rd. Can't kick on though and then a bit of gap is opening up to top 6 although you still have spare game v Burnley to one day play.

Think if someone like Poch came in you'd start winning pretty quickly just like OGS did taking over as there's plenty of good players in final third to work with.