Predict our signings this window

Dr Fink

Van De Beek and Sancho. Be patient.

I for one don’t think Grealish is good enough and as he’s English, he’d cost massively over the odds, for someone who didn’t step up to the plate when his team needed him last season. He flatters to deceive and doesn’t do it week in, week out like Bruno does.

We really need another CB as Lindelof isn’t quite good enough.

Gopher Brown

A lot of people don’t seem to know the difference between a prediction and wishful thinking.

Throwing in names of players we have never even been linked with - remember our boardroom is as leaky as they come. There are very few surprises when it comes to us.

thesheriffjw

It will be a panic signing at the last minute.

again, business is long and drawn out. Every other club has made signings yet utd are struggling again.

Woodward must be the problem, as anyone can see utd need at least 3 signings with an out and out CF being a must

sp_107

Before the Window opened: Sancho, Grealish/VdB a CB and maybe another fullback.

Now: VdB and a CB(Badiashile) most likely.
I take this to be honest then nothing as they can improve our squad but dont expect us to win anything next season

ShinjiNinja26

I take this to be honest then nothing as they can improve our squad but dont expect us to win anything next season
It’s nowhere near enough to really kick on as we’d hoped but as you say it’s certainly better than nothing seeing how this windows panning out currently. I’d say with these 2 signings it may be enough to secure 4th spot next season but certainly no guarantee and doesn’t really take the club forward where we really want to be.

sp_107

Reguillon (left back)
Torres (centre back)
Badoshille (centre back)
Thiago(midfield player)
Grealish (midfielder/winger)
Van de Beek (midfielder)
Carmavinga (centre midfielder)
Sancho (Winger)
Coman (Winger)

Have we signed any one from this list yet? How many others we are going to sign in this window?

Eli Zee

Based on previous windows, we average out at £100 million net spend each summer.

This being a window of 'extraordinary circumstances', let's say that gets cut in half this time around.

We might take the attitude of why let the perfect be the enemy of the good, in which case we will sign a rotational midfield option for ~£35 million and maybe punt £15 million on a defensive equivalent of Dan James. Or we could end up saying that it's better to save our money and wait till next summer to spend, when the new financial realities are hopefully more clearly defined.

In any case, United fans like us will be disappointed, because we're not taking full advantage of the potential in this squad, which is higher than it has ever been since Fergie left. Whatever the reasoning behind it, we are very unlikely to improve on the squad that just about eked out a Champions League place.
What would happen if Manchester United was broke and couldn't pay back any money it owed, the players, workers, etc. Would the club sell all players and seize to exist? Or would a rich person buy it up at a discount? I know people say we can't spend a lot this window cause we can actually ruin ourselves financially. If that actually happened, what would be the repercussions?

On topic: I'm predicting we sign something similar like u. 35m midfielder and a cheap option Like James either at fullback position or LW. Hope we bring in Sancho or someone dominant and suited for RW, but don't see it happening at the price point Dortmund want. We should have had 3 other options for RW besides Sancho and been after them if they don't budge on price

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

Reguillon (left back)
Torres (centre back)
Badoshille (centre back)
Thiago(midfield player)
Grealish (midfielder/winger)
Van de Beek (midfielder)
Carmavinga (centre midfielder)
Sancho (Winger)
Coman (Winger)

Have we signed any one from this list yet? How many others we are going to sign in this window?

De Telegraaf just announced that VDB deal with Manchester United has been concluded, 45million excluding Bonuses.
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/937745689/donny-van-de-beek-rond-met-manchester-united

This came after the news from the NOS (Dutch BBC) that basically said that Manchester United are going to sign VDB.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

sp_107

Reports says he is impressed with Ole's persistence and how much he tried to convince him through out, Happy to hear this as now good players believing in OLE.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
we have van de beek, but wherewill he play? or will he be back upto Bruno?

marktan

Van De Beek
Saint Maximin - 50m

Sancho's not happening, we're not spending £160m post covid.

A backup LB would be nice but I think we'll just go with Brandon again. Maybe Dalot will be reincarnated and will fill that position

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Van de Beek done for €40m.
Would be happy to add in Reguillon for €25m, and Upamecano for €50/60m while selling Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Mata and Pereira. Would probably be a net spend of €90m or so after that, but bigger benefit being the massive savings on wages (after Sanchez gone too). Maybe room for a winger as a loan to buy deal? Would guess we at most just do the 3 signings though, and even then I'm reaching with the Upamecano hope.

gorky_utd

So vdb is done which solves mid field depth issue. Still need a back up lb and 1 or 2 attacker for rotation. Don't think we can sign Sancho this summer due to budget but I hope we bring in atleast 1 more attacker in the team.

Banana Republic

With VbB on-board, my prediction is we'll sign a defender and one forward/attacker.
VdB replaces Lingard or Pereira and can fill a similar role to Bruno, but with more defensive ability.
Sancho isn't happening. No bid has been made, there are no talks and the door was REALLY closed 3 weeks ago.

slir32

RW, CM, LB and CB that is the priority for this window. We have got VDB now lets strengthen the other three positions.

Joseunited

With VbB on-board, my prediction is we'll sign a defender and one forward/attacker.
VdB replaces Lingard or Pereira and can fill a similar role to Bruno, but with more defensive ability.
Sancho isn't happening. No bid has been made, there are no talks and the door was REALLY closed 3 weeks ago.
You,like the rest of us have no idea what's going on with Sancho or anybody else for that matter, Van De Beek signing out of nowhere has shown that.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Still plenty of time to knock it off it's hinges.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The quick signing of Van de Beek has been such a breath of fresh air. We actually feel like a serious football club when we act swiftly like this. It’s nice to get one deal over the line without a bloody 3 month saga.

Van de Beek, Sancho, Upamecano, Reguilon, and ill be very very happy. I think a left back is so important this window. Williams is a right back, and a very one footed one! When Shaw is injured we really don’t have any cover at all. Getting Reguilon in to compete with him could enable us to move Williams to the right to compete with AWB. It makes so much sense, especially with the £20m price tag.

DeeDee7

After reading through our rising debt and the corona impacts thus far besides the cash reserves and apparent loan im becoming far more realistic.
HOWEVER i will go with a slightly optimistic outlook. Yes, realistic but optimistic! :houllier: I do believe we will only be going for targets we want not plan C's and D's.

- VDB
- Dayot Upamecano (really depends on the situations with Jones, Smalling and Rojo)
- David Brooks (not for the mooted 40 mill, much cheaper and not as a Sancho alternative but as winger depth)

I think Sancho is potentially dead in the water this summer. It would take some unlikely sales causing an influx of money with Lingard, Dalot, Pereira and perhaps even Fred to spark something along with Dortmund's blessing. Otherwise We have turned our attention to an overall squad improvement which almost fits under the mooted Sancho fee.

There are no other viable big player additions available this window so we will go hard next year.

Last edited:

Hanky panky

So VDB almost sure and i still keep hope alive about Sancho. It would be total like 140-150M. If we sell Smalling to Roma and maybe one (or even both) of Pereira/Lingard, i think it still would be possible to get Sancho also. 110M+ net spend. Or could be that we have give up with Sancho and try to sign CB. I would be ok with "VDB and Upamecano" type of summer. But because asked to predict i will go with VDB and Sancho duo. CB next summer.