Predict the date the Ole gets Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve.crowford

Ole was a fantastic player for United. A true super sub. If Yorke and Cole couldn't get the job done, then Ole and Teddy could give opponents a totally different problem. But, at the end of the day his management in the highly competitive Premier league has been relegation, and with United losing 4 semi finals. And this season so far is an Utter shambles. We won one game by virtue of VAR and the whole team lack any organisation or structure and those are fundamentals that a manager has to get right. Granted that the Board haven't a clue on transfer dealings, as they show every window, a d that is of no help, but after the covid resumption, these same players had one of the meanest defences a d best records! So they can be much better. If Ole can't get that out of them, we need someone who can!

meamth

The Fixture list has not been kind.

20/10 PSG
24/10 Chelsea
28/10 Leipzig
01/11 Arsenal
04/11 Away to Istanbul
07/11 Everton

Pressure will mount if results don't come. I fear for Ole
1st real test for Ole.

Once again...he has to prove the doubters wrong.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
I still strongly believe Man Utd would be much stronger now if Mourinho had not been sacked. Unfortunately the club chose to side with Pogba and threw Jose under the bus despite being United's most successful manager since Fergie. To make matters worse, Pogba is now playing some of his worst football since he joined Juve.
THIS

oz insomniac

Living on the other side of the world, I am probably not as day to day invested as most on here, but loved Ole as a player and really want him to provide a good level of success to the club.

However, he shouldn’t last a whole lot longer as the team has not forged an identity, has no basic style other than counter attack. The end of last season did give hope despite the shortcomings we all saw.

Man Utd given their profile need a manager with a strong character, defined playing style and a profile that would assist in attracting players . Unfortunately that doesn’t describe Ole, a legend but not the manager needed.

Woodward and the Glazers rank among the most difficult hierarchy to work for, and Ole‘s preference to apparently avoid confrontation and be practically lifeless on the sideline has not helped. If the next 6 games pan out as it looks, Ole shouldn't be here and that’s it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The Fixture list has not been kind.

20/10 PSG
24/10 Chelsea
28/10 Leipzig
01/11 Arsenal
04/11 Away to Istanbul
07/11 Everton

Pressure will mount if results don't come. I fear for Ole
With how we're playing, we'll be lucky to get 1 win out of 6 matches

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I still strongly believe Man Utd would be much stronger now if Mourinho had not been sacked. Unfortunately the club chose to side with Pogba and threw Jose under the bus despite being United's most successful manager since Fergie. To make matters worse, Pogba is now playing some of his worst football since he joined Juve.
Amen.

Players just aren't held responsible and getting in Ole who plays favourites doesn't help.

K Stand Knut

Ole was a fantastic player for United. A true super sub. If Yorke and Cole couldn't get the job done, then Ole and Teddy could give opponents a totally different problem. But, at the end of the day his management in the highly competitive Premier league has been relegation, and with United losing 4 semi finals. And this season so far is an Utter shambles. We won one game by virtue of VAR and the whole team lack any organisation or structure and those are fundamentals that a manager has to get right. Granted that the Board haven't a clue on transfer dealings, as they show every window, a d that is of no help, but after the covid resumption, these same players had one of the meanest defences a d best records! So they can be much better. If Ole can't get that out of them, we need someone who can!
serious question.

Are you drunk??

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
United - on the financial trajectory they’re on - are more likely to have Glazers sell their shares on before Ole is booted. Huge cash crunch for United in the next 12 months. Another year of sub performance and dried up revenue due to covid will put the final nail in the coffin.

glazers have already been flirting with the idea of a sale
Lets beg Jeff Bezos to buy us. Space programs are for chumps anyway and this is a good vanity project as any

Interval

Level
I don't care when he gets the boot as long as we have lined up a more progressive minded manager like Nagelsman or even Poch. If we are going back to some dour but established option then might as well keep Ole. Atleast he won't cause another reset

soapythecat

If the whole ‘wait until 4th isn’t possible’ scenario is played out, that could be Feb/mar time. I don’t see it lasting that long. I don’t see much in the way of a decent result from the next 6/7 games and come the end of the month I think h the e pressure will be too much for Ed not to pull the plug.
There’s no way Ole is turning these last 3 results around because the opposition in the coming games are too good.
I personally think some of the players know it too. The body language this season, the fact they are taking to SM to make apologies, you can sense their frustration. Not one player has kicked on since the re-start and they know it.

romufc

How many of the next games do we see us winning?

Newcastle (d)
PSG (L)
Chelsea (D)
Leipzig (L)
Arsenal (L)
Istanbul (W)
Everton (L)

That is a very difficult run of fixtures. The reason I cannot see us winning any PL game is:

1. Team morale - Very low morale, first game v Newcastle, Ole will blame international break, players came in late etc.
2. Teams with system - PSG, Leipzig, Arsenal and Everton play with a defined system where the coach will exploit our weakness, these teams will slice us open at will. Arsenal, Leipzig, PSG all play out from the back, with our press, theyll go through easy. Everton exploit the width and put crosses in, which we struggle with too.

We will take a fee 3/4 nil losses in some games as well.

Slysi17

We're extremely reactive, not proactive, we won't act until then IMO. We'll continue to circle the drain for the next 10+ years. What Ferguson did is genuinely one of the greatest sporting achievements ever.
This is a different and unique time though. You know there is this coronavirus pandemic going on causing businesses to lose money. Losing champions league football will hurt us alot more this time.
United - on the financial trajectory they’re on - are more likely to have Glazers sell their shares on before Ole is booted. Huge cash crunch for United in the next 12 months. Another year of sub performance and dried up revenue due to covid will put the final nail in the coffin.

glazers have already been flirting with the idea of a sale
That's why I said previously in this thread that missing out on champions league football would be catastrophic.

Status
Not open for further replies.