Predict the date the Ole gets Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
No its not a troll post.
Regardless at the fact he's an ex player and limited manger experience, he riminds me of someone else. Sir Alex ferguson. He had a bad run of games at the start of his magerial career and during too.

The fuuny thing is, prior to 3 games ago everyone was praising Ole for finishing in the Champions League spot. 3 games ago!
God lets sack him and pay £50 million for poch. Let him try and build the team he needs in 2 transfer windows with a sbit board and if he loses 3 games then sack him. We will be back to square one!
We are at square one now.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
With such a shit squad I don’t think it matters about manager at this stage. Whatever happens, the season will be a wash out.

We’ve done nearly a decade of mediocrity since SAF left, it won’t be long before that becomes a Liverpoolesque drought.

Zlatans Knee

For my own health I am mentally writing this season off already now. If we manage mid table, focus on developing the youngsters, and have a good plan for getting rid of people next summer we will have done okay.
i just hope that Ole gets through the season without too much hatred directed at him. With the youth that we have invested in then we stand a good chance of having a decent team again in 2-3 years. I am not sure that Ole is the right man to manage the team though.

romufc

Whether you are Ole in or Ole out, we all know the outcome. Ole will be very lucky to see December IMO.

wolvored

Of course but what I was saying was that if Ole managed City to the 5-2 loss or Liverpool to the 7-2 loss it would be a crises and his head. Yesterday was a freak result. There’s a lot of doom a gloom around the club at the monent.
Yes if it was a one off but palace and Brighton outplayed us as well. I don't think it was a one off. Let's hope the new signings bring new life to the team

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Well, if with this Top3 squad (yes, Top3 in 19-20) + the new signings, he fails to be Top4 by mid November, he has to go.

Backrow Singer

Whether you are Ole in or Ole out, we all know the outcome. Ole will be very lucky to see December IMO.
I genuinely believe that with the squad he’s got to work with, we should be winning enough games and playing enough quality football for this not to be the case.

romufc

I genuinely believe that with the squad he’s got to work with, we should be winning enough games and playing enough quality football for this not to be the case.
I do believe that this squad is good enough, unfortunately I do not think Ole is good enough tactically.

It is clear to see Pogba Matic does not work, the longer he persists with Pogba and Matic, the more trouble we will be in.

Glorio

Yes if it was a one off but palace and Brighton outplayed us as well. I don't think it was a one off. Let's hope the new signings bring new life to the team
Or just plain old match fitness as well

GlasgowCeltic

Don’t think it’ll get necessarily toxic enough for them to sack him mid season, but it’ll happen once qualification is mathematically gone.

Nickelodeon

Woodward doesn't sack managers at the appropriate time to hide his own shortcomings. Glazers do the same with Woodward. Nobody's decisive and that's the reason we are where we are.

I don't see a scenario where Ole doesn't last the season.

RashyForPM

Christmas, when we’re 10th and floundering. I mean, Woodward has already made contact with Pochettino. You gotta pity Ole after he was stitched up by Woodward this window.

JohnnyKills

Yeah I'm guessing late November.

He's on a short contract with (I'm assuming) a relatively low salary and he hasn't brought any coaching staff with him, so will be cheap to remove.

Shame for him - think he's done a good job in the circumstances and he's got rid of nearly all the deadwood.

JohnnyKills

Don’t think it’ll get necessarily toxic enough for them to sack him mid season, but it’ll happen once qualification is mathematically gone.
No way are we waiting until CL is gone, not in the current market. That would be financially disastrous.

United58

No way are we waiting until CL is gone, not in the current market. That would be financially disastrous.
We're extremely reactive, not proactive, we won't act until then IMO. We'll continue to circle the drain for the next 10+ years. What Ferguson did is genuinely one of the greatest sporting achievements ever.

romufc

Yeah I'm guessing late November.

He's on a short contract with (I'm assuming) a relatively low salary and he hasn't brought any coaching staff with him, so will be cheap to remove.

Shame for him - think he's done a good job in the circumstances and he's got rid of nearly all the deadwood.
I have been backing Ole all this time and still do to some extent.

The flaws outweigh the pros with Ole. Yes he gets rid of deadwood, he creates atmosphere and I get all of that.

Last summer, he was left with a poor squad, this summer the same, yet he had no bottle to come out and say anything. He is a puppet for the Glazers, simple as that.

I want to feel sorry for him but even he should know what is coming,.

Slysi17

Na not this time. If we miss out on champions league football it would be a disaster considering we are about to enter a recession and the club are losing money due to no fans in the stadium. Since he would be cheap to sack, they might actually do it.

Plassryss

Poch wasn't exactly backed at Tottenham either. I'd understand your sentiment if we had a squad that was severely lacking but as it stands we have one of the best squads in the league. It will take a coach to muster a plan out of the players we have. Solskjaer's prior conduct in the league saw him relegated with Cardiff while that's not an adjudication to all he can achieve there's a question of "how far can he take this team" and he might have already concluded this question last season.
I see your point but i think it is too early to call for the manager, anyway think Sunny is way backed from board.
Remember what all the players said last season?`They would go to war for the manager.
There is also something wrong when 1st team players says to media that we need signings and that it should be quality players, dont think i have seen that before!

Zlatans Knee

I have been backing Ole all this time and still do to some extent.

The flaws outweigh the pros with Ole. Yes he gets rid of deadwood, he creates atmosphere and I get all of that.

Last summer, he was left with a poor squad, this summer the same, yet he had no bottle to come out and say anything. He is a puppet for the Glazers, simple as that.

I want to feel sorry for him but even he should know what is coming,.
Not sure where you work but you don't just come out and slag off a) Your team b) Your manager in public. Neither tactic leads to success. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, we can only imagine. The only facts we know are that since he started the club has invested massive amounts of money. Do we have a stronger squad than last year when we came 3rd? Yes. Has the start to the season been diabolical? Yes. The performances have been rubbish and you can't blame the owners for that. So if this level of performances continue for a few more weeks then he deserves to be sacked for that, not for any other reason.
And then we should go back to loving him for being a United legend.

Name Changed

weso26
I agree
Regardless of what we personally believe should happen, the writing is on the wall. He will do well to get that far in my opinion.

Name Changed

weso26
Dragging this bunch to 3rd was a huge achievement. Imagine what we could have done with a proper structure and football people in charge.
Just one point I wanted to make about your post.

You make it sound like we are Burnley or something, having an outrageously brilliant season to finished third. With the squad we had, we should have finished third. We had a bad start and came from behind to finish third which made it look good, but it is exactly where we should have finished.

romufc

Not sure where you work but you don't just come out and slag off a) Your team b) Your manager in public. Neither tactic leads to success. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, we can only imagine. The only facts we know are that since he started the club has invested massive amounts of money. Do we have a stronger squad than last year when we came 3rd? Yes. Has the start to the season been diabolical? Yes. The performances have been rubbish and you can't blame the owners for that. So if this level of performances continue for a few more weeks then he deserves to be sacked for that, not for any other reason.
And then we should go back to loving him for being a United legend.
I am not saying come out and say the players and board are shit. There is ways of putting pressure on the board in various ways.

See this is the problem, invest heavily. Last summer he got a CB, RB, championship RW. We let go a ST, LW, CM and didnt replace them.

We reacted in Jan when we realised we are in trouble, so signed a CAM which we should have signed in the summer.

Also, I feel Ole is lost as a manager, he is completely blinded by some players such as Maguire, Rashford, Pogba.

I will always love him as a United legend and even as manager, it isnt his fault he isn't good enough. I do not blame him, none of us would give up our dream job getting paid £6m a year. Especially, when you have the self belief that you can turn it around.

It is the owners decision to decide whether he is the right man or not.

INF-AMOS

Olly would be a great under 23's manager but he simply doesn't have the presence or personality to keep the lazy or big time charlie's in our squad motivated or pulling in his direction.
What ever that might be?

Its also about gaining momentum and keeping it up, something SAF was a master at but Olly unfortunately isn't .

Club legend and all round nice guy but Early December.

Last edited:

Wheato

Just one point I wanted to make about your post.

You make it sound like we are Burnley or something, having an outrageously brilliant season to finished third. With the squad we had, we should have finished third. We had a bad start and came from behind to finish third which made it look good, but it is exactly where we should have finished.
We got lucky. Spurs had injuries, Arsenal in transition, Leicester lost their form after the re-start, Chelsea had a transfer ban. They have all made amends for this now. And Everton have stepped into the mix with Wolves and Leeds. I we make top 4 this season, I will be astounded.

HowYouDoin

I think the new signings will work and if Ole has enough courage to bench Pogba we will have great results so he wont get sacked. We would be better off if he does get sacked though.

INF-AMOS

Ole has enough courage to bench Pogba we will have great results so he wont get sacked. We would be better off if he does get sacked though.
I just doubt he has the courage to drop the likes of Pogba? it's clear to see the team played better with the tenacity and pressure of Fred and McTom behind Bruno.

JohnnyKills

Na not this time. If we miss out on champions league football it would be a disaster considering we are about to enter a recession and the club are losing money due to no fans in the stadium. Since he would be cheap to sack, they might actually do it.
Yeah this is my feeling too. No CL football would blow a huge hole in the club's finances.

lewwoo

I look forward to the same thread on our new manager in a couple seasons ala Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole. Rinse and repeat. The club is rotten from higher up. Astonishes me how some still give the ownership a free pass and blame multiple managers.

Robertd0803

If we are out of the CL by Xmas and nowhere in the league I could see it happening.

And then we are back to square one and press the reset button again.

Untd55

They would have did well to score 6 or more against us from only 5 shots on target.
Shots on target doen't include hitting the post. If they had better strikers, they would have hammered us. The performance against Tottenham was no different to that against Brighton; it is just that Tottenham have much better finishers and punished us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We'll be tickling Poch in the background as we speak. Without any doubt at all.

Ole is 100% safe until Christmas though unless we have a couple more absolute pastings.

HowYouDoin

I look forward to the same thread on our new manager in a couple seasons ala Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole. Rinse and repeat. The club is rotten from higher up. Astonishes me how some still give the ownership a free pass and blame multiple managers.
Dude we dont have Sir Alex anymore. People need to let it go. You wont find a manager nowadays to last more than 5 yrs anywhere. Now we are just another club in that respect, its what it is. We were incredibly lucky but also unique but thats not reality anymore.
Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid they all fire coaches all the time. Its what it is. Now we are just like them and there is nothing wrong with that. Its just how things are.

Ole isnt good enough. We all wanted him to work out he is a club legend but its what it is.
Niko Kovac as a player wss loved by Munich fans. Didnt work out. They fired him, went on to win everything and beat Barca 8:2. We need to be far more ruthless. Ole isnt good enough.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dude we dont have Sir Alex anymore. People need to let it go. You wont find a manager nowadays to last more than 5 yrs anywhere. Now we are just another club in that respect, its what it is. We were incredibly lucky but also unique but thats not reality anymore.
Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid they all fire coaches all the time. Its what it is. Now we are just like them and there is nothing wrong with that. Its just how things are.

Ole isnt good enough. We all wanted him to work out he is a club legend but its what it is.
Niko Kovac as a player wss loved by Munich fans. Didnt work out. They fired him, went on to win everything and beat Barca 8:2. We need to be far more ruthless. Ole isnt good enough.
Bayern won't be firing their coach for a good while I don't think. Not a good example there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Newcastle could be his last match. If we lose on a way like we did against Palace and Spurs, he could be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.