Predict the rest of the season

jamesjimmybyrondean

Premier league has been out for a while so coming back again feels sort of like a new season. Especially having players like Bruno Pogba Rashford and Ighalo who were not all present with us and now feel like new additions. So now that the Premier League is starting again what are your predictions for the team?

Paul_Scholes18

I predict for us to end in the top 4 with the other obvious 3. Liverpool to win the title which is obvious.
Norwich, Villa, Watford going down.
Also predict Covid to take it's victims and mess things up before the end.

montpelier

Load of old nonsense.
Testimonial-tastic.
Possible they will not complete.
Probably isn't fair. Devoid of integrity.
Bullshit from Liverpool, their fans likely to be arseholes at some stage.

Weirdly fascinating to start with.

montpelier

And us.

I think we might struggle in the home games somehow, at an empty OT.
Smaller teams and their players might still enjoy it and get a bit more motivated than our lads.

But who knows, really.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think we might struggle against spurs but then I think we will pick up our form and get into the top 3/4 fairly easy in the end by putting in some of the top form in the division. I disagree with people about the lack of fans, for me that favours the big teams with additional quality so I think we will roll over teams like Sheffield Utd etc.

Fernandes and pogba will be elite in terms of creativity which I think will mean Rashford, Martial and Greenwood all finish the season strongly. The main thing that could derail us is injures yet again.

-Supreme-

I'm confident we will finish the season with a smile on our face.

The periods where we struggled this season were mainly down to injuries, and our main players were overplayed due to lack of options for squad rotations.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm confident we will finish the season with a smile on our face.

The periods where we struggled this season were mainly down to injuries, and our main players were overplayed due to lack of options for squad rotations.
Agreed, we have also traditionally done well after mini breaks that allow our coaching staff more individual time with the players.

el3mel

We were on great momentum when the season stopped. If we resumed from where we stopped, we can push for 4th position easily.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Impossible to predict unfortunately. We were in great form. Just hope we can continue that. If we do, great chance of top 4 and/or a trophy.

slored1

27 points, FA cup and Europa League. Anything less and I will be disappointed.
Actually, I would be happy with a Champions League finish.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think if we end up with a trophy and CL football in the bag we got to be pretty happy. We've had so many injuries this year and only got Bruno 6 PL games ago.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
All a bit underwhelming and I think the break will give Chelsea a much needed rest and allow them to probably cling on to 4th. Watford, Norwich and probably Villa to go down.

Will still be a lot more enjoyable than pretending to care about Hoffenheim vs Freiburg.

Weirdly looking forward to seeing how we play with something resembling a fully fit squad and without crowd pressure. Have a decent shot at the Europa league presuming things make it that far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think we'll do great tbh. Barring freak injuries to key players. But we have good depth and I feel like there's never been more positivity around the club since Sir Alex retired.

In the league, think we win 7 or 8 of the remaining 10, losing 1 and drawing 1 or 2, getting 68-70 points, which IMO will be enough for 4th.

FA Cup, I think we make the final unless we draw City in the semi's. Their squad is bigger and they'll only focus on FA cup basically, plus with us beating them 3 times this year, can see them beating us be it in the semi's or the final. If we avoid City (they get knocked out before us) we'll win.

Europa League, if it goes ahead in August, I think we'll win. Strongest side left, Inter the biggest competition but I think we'll be more set/motivated for it than they will be.

MAME DIOUF 32

I find it difficult to care. With no crowds and the rules around subs the integrity of the competition is totally gone. Really we should be targeting at least 7 points from the next 3 games but it's impossible to predict how players will react to the weird environment.

Infra-red

It's difficult to say. After an absolutely dreadful start to the season (our worst first 10 games in 33 years), things have picked up. In terms of Premier League form, we've gone 5 games unbeaten, for only the second time this season.

Looking at the table, things are tight - we're only 3 points behind 4th-placed Chelsea, but we're also only 5 points ahead of Arsenal in 9th (and they have a game in hand). Leicester away and Spurs away are obviously massive games.

It's really too close to call with any kind of certainty, but if I had to wager money on it, I'd bet that with Rashford back, we might just nick 4th place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The first couple of games will be utter shite to watch, can tell you that for nothing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I find it difficult to care. With no crowds and the rules around subs the integrity of the competition is totally gone. Really we should be targeting at least 7 points from the next 3 games but it's impossible to predict how players will react to the weird environment.
Is the 5 substitutes just for this season and why?

baskinginthesun

The first couple of games will be utter shite to watch, can tell you that for nothing.
Agreed. Not saying we will lose them but, the overall quality will be lacking as this is the longest layoff these players have ever had in their professional careers (excluding injuries). Plus, there are no Friendlies to find that match fitness and ease back into it.

Garry Buck

I think we will finish 5th but win the Europa League. We will reach the semis of the FA Cup but get knocked out by City.

City win the FA Cup by defeating Chelsea.

Bayern win the Champions League

Another prediction could also be that the rest of the season and all football is curtailed because of a second spike of the virus.

Member 113277

I think it will be a little like pre-season in some ways, as the players may be fit - but they won't be match fit; on the other hand they will have had a three month rest from games and so shouldn't be fatigued - some injuries will have benefitted from the break, for us and others.

So I'm expecting it to be a little volatile for the first few games.

LIverpool should win the league, as they did the heavy lifting before the season was suspended and even if they come back in absolutely minging form, only need six points (mathematicallly) to secure the prize, from nine games.

Then there is a potential dog fight and every team from 2nd to 9th will feel they have a chance of a top four - Arsenal are in 9th on 28 games and 30 points - so if they had a purple run, they could get 65-70 pts (I know, it's only Arsenal) - Citeh on 28/57 have a nose ahead, but a drop in form could quickly erode that. Leicester and Chelsea are there to overhaul, on 29/53 and 29/48 (GD12) respectively, if they stutter and we fire on all cyclinders - we are sitting on 29 games, 45 points (GD14), so one net win puts us ahead of Chelsea and three net wins gets us ahead of leicester (GD30).

If we come off the blocks quickly, if Bruno maintains his pre-suspension form, if Pogba comes back strongly and they can work together, if Ighalo knocks a few more in , if Marcus is back to his best, if if if.....

Can't wait for the 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I can't imagine watching a United match at an empty Old Trafford. Football in general will be weird. But we have a lot to lose, and must make the best of it. I am optimistic though, as everyone is back fit including Pogba and Rashford.

We should be winning the Europa League, finishing in the top 4 and reaching the semis of the cup at least.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
United have the easiest schedule of any team. With a fully fit squad containing Rashford, Pogba and the addition of Bruno, 4th place is a must.

We'll get 3 or 4 games in and somebody will catch the virus and the whole lot will have to be stopped again, but the league will be happy to cancel this time because they can give the title* to Liverpool without controversy.

The games without a crowd will also be so bad it might be a struggle to watch.

MAME DIOUF 32

Is the 5 substitutes just for this season and why?
We'll see, I think. The justification is that players haven't been training so their fitness will need to be managed more. I could easily see that justification carrying on into next season because of the short break, then it's established and it might be difficult to turn back.

Mr Smith

You know, I'm starting to feel quite optimistic. After the Spurs game we have 8 very winnable matches against mid-table/relegation threatened teams. Earlier on in the season I wouldn't have been confident, but with a full squad back I really think we've got a chance to make top 4. Our rivals have a much harder run in, especially Chelsea who have to play City, Liverpool, and Wolves. We shouldn't get too confident about the FA Cup or the Europa League though, as there's a lot of good teams still in both competitions.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We end up third while winning FA Cup and Europa League. Liverpool losses 8 games in a row only to draw last one, City wins PL and English media cries a river for whole decade.
Too much?

MikeeMike

We end up third while winning FA Cup and Europa League. Liverpool losses 8 games in a row only to draw last one, City wins PL and English media cries a river for whole decade.
Too much?
What are bookies odds for Man City now. 1000/1
Nailed on is Daglish,Carragher,Gerrard,Thompson,Barnes,Rush etc all somehow bypassing the behind closed doors and sit together (3 seats apart) and all invade the pitch when title in the bag.
Gerrard lifting trophy in full kit (w*nker) is stilI a recurring prophecy I have.

subotai

Choose Your Own Adventure!

You are a Manchester United fan searching for the meaning to the end of the footballing season. This is your most challenging and dangerous mission. Fear and excitement are now your companions.

For now, the season is calm. You climb into the narrow mindset of a football fan attending the imaginary stadium Old Trafford with your special full kit fan gear.

You peer out the thick glass portholes of your rose tinted glasses and see strange scouse fish drifting past, sometimes stopping to look at you — an intruder from another world.

All systems GO. It’s awesome down here.

Who knows where this hole might lead?

If you decide to fight the truth with your spear gun, hoping to scare the scouse off, turn to post 3.

If you decide to signal Ole to pull you up at top speed, knowing you will get confused, turn to post 10.

IT IS TOO LATE! You did the wrong thing. There is no turning back.

If you decide to retire and lead a life of ease, turn to post 15.

Reactions: SteveJ

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I think we will finish 5th but win the Europa League. We will reach the semis of the FA Cup but get knocked out by City.

City win the FA Cup by defeating Chelsea.

Bayern win the Champions League

Another prediction could also be that the rest of the season and all football is curtailed because of a second spike of the virus.

Europa league will be held after the PL is done right?

If that's the case there would be real pressure on us to win EL if we've confirmed 5th place.

manutddjw

Here's how I see it:
- draw against a park the bus Tottenham, fans will be up in arms "Pogba doesn't want to be here, sell him, sign Grealish", "Luke Shaw is unfit and we need a new LB" "Martial isn't good enough", "no top club would have Martial as their #9 we should've signed Timo Werner" "Glazers/Woodward Out"
- Go on a winning run after that Tottenham game and easily make top 4.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hopefully we topple Chelsea as we were well on course to do that I feel. I also think we were well on for winning the Europa League so hopefully that too. Not sure about the FA Cup I think there’s too many good teams left in that and we will come unstuck.

Withnail

4th if the whole thing doesn't fall apart due to whole teams quarantining.

I'm excited to see how the team lines with everyone fit but these games are gonna be a weird watch.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think we'll win the Europa League. It looks like it's going to take place over a few weeks (behind closed doors) in a format where the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final are played in one location as a mini-tournament like the Club World Cup. In that kind of situation, it becomes even more of a lottery than it usually is. There's less chance of our quality shining through.

I reckon we'll get fourth, though.

Pavl3n

We were on great momentum when the season stopped. If we resumed from where we stopped, we can push for 4th position easily.
I'd say even 3rd. Leicester and Chelsea have a bit of a tough run.

Someone said that the restart would volatile - resembling the start of the season. Well, we had a lot of positivities, even if we slipped a couple of games.
I think we'll be able to restart with a bang and by the time we start facing the bottom 6 of the table we'll be in good form with Bruno and Pogba both being match fit.

In our last 8 games we face 20th A, 15th A, 18th H, 19th A, 14th H, 11th A, 16th H and Leicester A. With a fully fit squad purple run is a must.

MikeeMike

Choose Your Own Adventure!

You are a Manchester United fan searching for the meaning to the end of the footballing season. This is your most challenging and dangerous mission. Fear and excitement are now your companions.

For now, the season is calm. You climb into the narrow mindset of a football fan attending the imaginary stadium Old Trafford with your special full kit fan gear.

You peer out the thick glass portholes of your rose tinted glasses and see strange scouse fish drifting past, sometimes stopping to look at you — an intruder from another world.

All systems GO. It’s awesome down here.

Who knows where this hole might lead?

If you decide to fight the truth with your spear gun, hoping to scare the scouse off, turn to post 3.

If you decide to signal Ole to pull you up at top speed, knowing you will get confused, turn to post 10.

IT IS TOO LATE! You did the wrong thing. There is no turning back.

If you decide to retire and lead a life of ease, turn to post 15.
Stewart Hall in the house

freeurmind

weak willed
We will miss out on top four with a high profile mistake by DDG costing us crucial points.