Predict the top 6 in order. 2021/22.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
When asked to judge where I think my club will finish, I can think logically without bias for or against other teams. So I don't see why partizan reasoning has to come into it. I thought that was what the OP wanted us to do...just give an unbiased opinion.
Yep, spot on.

Asking a football fan "who do you want to win the league" is pretty redundant!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Utd are the most disliked club in world football. Not really surprising to see us being underestimated is it? Again you’d think a Utd fan might know that.
Without getting into another betting markets debate, it's really not a big 'underestimation' to put us behind the PL champions, CL champions and more recent PL winners who have all also strengthened this summer.

Blood Mage

1) City
2) United
3) Chelsea
4) Liverpool
5) Leicester
6) Spurs

Same as last season I reckon. If Spurs lose Kane then there's a slight chance someone else could beat them to 6th.

georgipep

Utd are the most disliked club in world football. Not really surprising to see us being underestimated is it? Again you’d think a Utd fan might know that.
That has nothing to do with bookies odds. They do risk management as it comes down to money. Likes and dislikes have nothing to do with it.

PoTMS

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
People "not caring" about Man City is a lie that people who hate them use as an insult.

I've heard the same about Chelsea a million times from the same people.

If people didn't care, they wouldn't go on about about how much they don't care. Nobody ever mentions "not caring" about Charlton Athletic.
That still doesn’t equal the dislike Utd receive. Come on surely you realise that?

TrustInJanuzaj

That has nothing to do with bookies odds. They do risk management as it comes down to money. Likes and dislikes have nothing to do with it.
It’s literally to do with who is tipped and where the money goes which links directly to perception. If a team is disliked they will be under appreciated and therefore less fancied. It directly correlates.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That still doesn’t equal the dislike Utd receive. Come on surely you realise that?
Everyone thinks there's a big conspiracy against their club. Visit any forum of any team and you'll likely find a post suggesting such within 5 minutes.

TrustInJanuzaj

Without getting into another betting markets debate, it's really not a big 'underestimation' to put us behind the PL champions, CL champions and more recent PL winners who have all also strengthened this summer.
I think if you look at the teams it is. Utd have strengthened better than the others anyway on paper.

duffer

Scout
A lot of people mostly dislike Man United because they used to be successful over a long period of time. It's the same reason many people dislike Liverpool.

You said Man United were "the most disliked club in world football". There's no way that's true. You're probably the most popular!

TrustInJanuzaj

Everyone thinks there's a big conspiracy against their club. Visit any forum of any team and you'll likely find a post suggesting such within 5 minutes.
Sure doesn’t change the scale of Utd which remains bigger than our rivals. It’s not even controversial to see that.

TrustInJanuzaj

People mostly dislike Man United because they used to be successful over a long period of time. It's the same reason many people dislike Liverpool.

You said Man United were "the most disliked club in world football". There's no way that's true. You're probably the most popular!
Okay we have a massive fan base but outside of that Utd are hugely disliked. I know fans of West Ham, Derby, Stoke, Chesterfield, Sheffield Wednesday, do you know what they all have In common? They absolutely hate Utd. I’ve spent years trying to convince them Utd aren’t that bad especially when compared to the oil clubs etc but even then Utd generate serious interest and most of it is linked to our previous success and the dislike of Fergie.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
1. Man United
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Liverpool
5. Leicester City
6. Aston Villa
8. Arsenal
9. Tottenham

duffer

Scout
Okay we have a massive fan base but outside of that Utd are hugely disliked. I know fans of West Ham, Derby, Stoke, Chesterfield, Sheffield Wednesday, do you know what they all have In common? They absolutely hate Utd. I’ve spent years trying to convince them Utd aren’t that bad especially when compared to the oil clubs etc but even then Utd generate serious interest and most of it is linked to our previous success and the dislike of Fergie.
Football fans are generally a simple bunch. They hate teams who are consistently better than their own side and are mostly indifferent to those consistently worse.

There are outliers like Millwall, Leeds and MK Dons, who genuine football fans hate for other reasons. Those are the three "most hated" in English football outside of teams who win a lot (or used to win a lot).

TrustInJanuzaj

Football fans are generally a simple bunch. They hate teams who are consistently better than their own side and are mostly indifferent to those consistently worse.

There are outliers like Millwall, Leeds and MK Dons, who genuine football fans hate for other reasons.
I don’t think all of my friends hate City or Chelsea in the same way though. Maybe one or two who question the money but if we played tomorrow they would still support you guys. You have been far more successful then all of those teams and even Utd in recent years so the previous winning legacy is clearly still having a big impact on the perception.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It’s literally to do with who is tipped and where the money goes which links directly to perception. If a team is disliked they will be under appreciated and therefore less fancied. It directly correlates.
There was always united in top of betting odds when Fergie managed. You don't need to be disliked for long odds. Or you suggest city most likeable club :lol: by your logic.

duffer

Scout
I don’t think all of my friends hate City or Chelsea in the same way though. Maybe one or two who question the money but if we played tomorrow they would still support you guys. You have been far more successful then all of those teams and even Utd in recent years so the previous winning legacy is clearly still having a big impact on the perception.
Previous winning legacy absolutely comes into it. Football fans have long memories! I hate Liverpool because they were the best when I was at School. Them being shit for years didn't change that.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. United

Don't know below that. Probably Tottenham 5th and Arsenal 6th. Think United will only challenge if they can get their hands on a world class manager but a) no idea who that should be and b) I believe you guys are in the "too good to sack, too bad to win" trap right now. The team ist frightingly good, though.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
United
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal

M Bison

Supports
York City
Cant make my mind up on Liverpool, thought they were very underwhelming last season although have VVD back this season which will help. Losing Gini is a big one imo and the front 3 look to be on the decline too.

Lots of thumbs-up from Thiago at least...

TrustInJanuzaj

There was always united in top of betting odds when Fergie managed. You don't need to be disliked for long odds. Or you suggest city most likeable club :lol: by your logic.
It’s not simplistic. Betting odds are linked to many factors. Quality is one thing, historic performance is another, perception is also linked amongst other things. City are not hated, they have a quality side and they have the history to back up their success. Utd have a quality team, have performed well in the league for 2 seasons but the perfection built in the media is that we are still on the edge of collapse. Doesn’t matter how you spin it, that will impact the bookies and it clearly impacts the more risk averse or pessimistic Utd fans too. I think logic suggests this Utd team is probably the second or best 11 in the country on ability. I don’t think there’s much justification to have Liverpool placed above. At least Chelsea have the champions league win to fall onto but not convinced that would be enough In a stand-alone world.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not simplistic. Betting odds are linked to many factors. Quality is one thing, historic performance is another, perception is also linked amongst other things. City are not hated, they have a quality side and they have the history to back up their success. Utd have a quality team, have performed well in the league for 2 seasons but the perfection built in the media is that we are still on the edge of collapse. Doesn’t matter how you spin it, that will impact the bookies and it clearly impacts the more risk averse or pessimistic Utd fans too. I think logic suggests this Utd team is probably the second or best 11 in the country on ability. I don’t think there’s much justification to have Liverpool placed above. At least Chelsea have the champions league win to fall onto but not convinced that would be enough In a stand-alone world.
You have improved on paper but in reality you have to work out on the pitch. I don't think chelsea are much better either.

The second half of season and champions league shorten chelsea odds. Liverpool too had strong finish towards end. So it's not illogical to make united fourth on odds. It will change once ole started to win trophies in my opinion.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I think if you look at the teams it is. Utd have strengthened better than the others anyway on paper.
True, I have you second on paper but fourth because of your coach,they way your team is run, and personalities.

Devil may care

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool*
5. Leicester
6. Spurs

*Liverpool could surprise people with Van dijk back and Thiago fully settled in.

georgipep

No, it doesn't. I know enough about bookmakers' risk management and odds setting to be able to claim that with certainty. They do not set odds based on anything other than who their risk analysts identify to deserve them.

Giggsy13

1) United
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) Leicester City
6) Arsenal

Might as well go for blind optimism at this point. I do believe that there will be a significant gap between the top 4 from the 5th and 6th spots this season.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
1) Chelsea
2) Man City
3) Man United
4) Liverpool
5) Leicester City
6) Arsenal

TrustInJanuzaj

True, I have you second on paper but fourth because of your coach,they way your team is run, and personalities.
Fair enough. A slip up by any of the teams will likely be capitalised upon.

TrustInJanuzaj

No, it doesn't. I know enough about bookmakers' risk management and odds setting to be able to claim that with certainty. They do not set odds based on anything other than who their risk analysts identify to deserve them.
I work with someone in that industry and frankly as soon as someone puts big money in one direction the odds change.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
As it stands

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Leceister City
6. Arsenal

With Kane

Manchester City wins it.

with Maddison, Arsenal goes above Leceister to 5th.

My prediction was one of the most accurate last time, so I believe this season will not be any different.