3) Spurs
4) Arsenal
5) Wolves
6) Chelsea
7) Leicester
8) Everton
9) Bournemouth

AlwaysRed66

Not top 6 buy here's what the BBC pundits picked for top 4.

The only 2 people who have Chelsea in the top 3 used to play for us!

All put Man City & Liverpool 1-2, whilst nearly all put Spurs 3rd. Unfortunately probably true.

SirAF

Ageist
2. liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Chelsea
5. United
6. Arsenal

zing

Zingle balls
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. United
6. Chelsea

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I can't believe peope are actually picking Wolves, Everton and Leicester to finish above us. Even with our late season struggles last year Wolves were 9 points behind us, Everton were 12 and Leicester were 14. Talk about people being over dramatic and lowering their expectations for our club. The doom and gloom patrol is in full effect right now...

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
10. Chelsea

Adasieq

1. City
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Wolverhampton
6. Chelsea

zenith

I can't believe peope are actually picking Wolves, Everton and Leicester to finish above us. Even with our late season struggles last year Wolves were 9 points behind us, Everton were 12 and Leicester were 14. Talk about people being over dramatic and lowering their expectations for our club. The doom and gloom patrol is in full effect right now...
Everton have improved by leaps and bound and Leicester and wolves were very good last season. Given that we are weaker in midfield and attack it's not beyond the realms of probability that they will finish above us this season.

Pughnichi

I’ll go for a top 10 of

I City
Liverpool
Tottenham
United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Wolves

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's hilarious all the predictions of us finishing below 6th, i thought lessons would have been learned re writing us off by now. Granted we have lost Hazard however we still have a very well balanced squad (more so than top heavy Arsenal and especially United who have like 7 CB for two positions yet 5 CM for three positions alongside an under 23 strike force) alongside a batch of hungry young player's that will at minimum see us through to a respectable season.

We could finish 6th but that is the absolute worst case scenario.

gajender

Everton have improved by leaps and bound and Leicester and wolves were very good last season. Given that we are weaker in midfield and attack it's not beyond the realms of probability that they will finish above us this season.
What exactly are you basing that upon and Wolves were good relative to their stature as newly promoted side but Leicester weren't great and there is nothing they have done in current transfer market to suggest they are breaking into top 6 unless we implode completely and can't even gain 63 points they aren't finishing above us.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What exactly are you basing that upon and Wolves were good relative to their stature as newly promoted side but Leicester weren't great and there is nothing they have done in current transfer market to suggest they are breaking into top 6 unless we implode completely and can't even gain 63 points they aren't finishing above us.
Wolves have Europa which in itself will stop them in their tracks, even the European regulars struggle to cope with the Thursday-Sunday thing.

The predictions for Leicester/Everton to finish above Chelsea/United reminds me of the time early this decade when people were predicting the likes Swansea and WBA to finish above Liverpool, over 38 games the sheer consistentcy required just isn't there.

gajender

Wolves have Europa which in itself will stop them in their tracks, even the European regulars struggle to cope with the Thursday-Sunday thing.

The predictions for Leicester/Everton to finish above Chelsea/United reminds me of the time early this decade when people were predicting the likes Swansea and WBA to finish above Liverpool, over 38 games the sheer consistentcy required just isn't there.
Absolutely agreed it's nothing more than exercise of exaggerating gloom and doom within respective fan bases to make their point , United could have and should have done more in Market and there were mitigating circumstances for Chelsea but expecting likes of Wolves and Everton to finish above them beggars belief and isn't exactly based in reality.

Last edited:

BarcaSpurs

Aston Villa, West Ham, Southampton, Newcastle and Everton managed it to be fair.

Meep

1 Liverpool
2 City
3 United
4 Spurs
5 A-nal
6 Wolves

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Let's see how wrong I am come end of the season.

Manchester City
Liverpool
Tottenham
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea

I don't think any other team will break into the top 6 unless one of these teams go on a full meltdown.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Everton may have bought a lot of players, but have they improved? They lost their best midfielder (and IMO one of the best in the league the past couple years). And if Leicester and Wolves were very good last season yet finished well below us in points, then how is it that we were horrible???

spud u like

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
Everton
Chelsea

Untd55

Absolutely agreed it's nothing more than exercise of exaggerating gloom and doom within respective fan bases to make their point , United could have and should have done more in Market and there were mitigating circumstances for Chelsea but expecting likes of Wolves and Everton to finish above them beggars belief and isn't exactly based in reality.
Wolves are a quality team who played us off the pitch in two games towards the end of last season. They were very good against the top teams, which bodes well for them. Their issue last season was some poor results against lower teams that they should have been beating (e.g. lost against Huddersfield twice) - work that out this season and they will easily jump 9 points higher. You are writing them off. They also had a pretty good transfer window.

Leicester you also have to remember were underperforming for a lot of last season. They will be far better this one.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The smart money has to be

City
Liverpool
Tottenham

But then it's a right old dog fight between Arsenal, Chelsea and us, with a very outside chance one of Leicester, Everton or Wolves really get momentum rolling.

Chelsea don't look strong at all - no Hazard, no signings - it's totally unknown how their young'uns will step up
It's probably a good thing for our competitors that we had the ban because i suspect we'd have made some big moves in the summer with the cash we had sitting there