Predict the United first team 2019/20

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Dea gea

Dalot lindelof bailly shaw

Mctominay Matic Longstaff

Mata James

Rashford​
Sorry I'm picking your one because I don't think anyone else has so far. I'm not saying it won't happen by my god this would be a hellishly uninspiring and downright shite outcome.

Baneofthegame

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Bailly Shaw

McTominay Fred

Lingard Pogba Martial

Rashford

Bench:

Romero
Jones
Young
Dalot
James
Mata
Lukaku

Welcome to fighting for 4th place and being told we were “priced out” of all targets by clubs demanding too much.

reddevilchennai

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Bailly Shaw

McTominay Fred

Lingard Pogba Martial

Rashford

Bench:

Romero
Jones
Young
Dalot
James
Mata
Lukaku

Welcome to fighting for 4th place and being told we were “priced out” of all targets by clubs demanding too much.
If this is going to happen, I am sure there will be a very big protest against Glazers. So they will sign 4 players minimum.

Hence the team will be like

DDG
AWB CB/Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Ndombele Pogba
Maddison/Bruno
James/Rashford Sanchez Martial

Allas8

Romero
AWB - Tuanzebe - TFM - Mitchell
Lingard - Garner - Gomes
Chong - Greenwood - James

A brand new team, except my favorite player Lingard.

SER19

De gea

Wan bissaka
Lindelof
Smalling
Shaw

Matic
Mctominay
Pogba

James
Rashford
Martial

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’m not expecting miracles but All these teams people are posting are terrible....Like really bad.

Can’t see one that’ll get us into top 4. Long season ahead I feel if we have any of these lineups.
The teams with Dalot on the right wing make me want to peel my skin off.

Like we’re not having goal scoring issues as it is.

SparkedIntoLife

De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, Lindelof, Smalling; McTominay, Tielemans, Pogba; Bruno Fernandes; Rashford, Martial

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
-------------------De Gea---------------------
Wan Bissaka---Smalling----Lindelof---Shaw
-------McTominay--Matic--Bruno Fernandes
Lingard----------Rashford------Martial

We should finally complete a deal for Wan-Bissaka, but I honestly don't see us landing a new CB, and the only MF that I think we are in a good position with is Bruno Fernandes.
Maybe another squad player, but I don't see us getting another first XI player this window.

StrettyEnder07

------------------De Gea-------------------
AWB-----Lindelof------Bailly--------Shaw
---------------McTominay-----------------
---------Fred----------Fernandes---------
Costa---------Rashford-----------Martial

I can see Pogba going for money and a player either Dybala or Costa but gonna go with Costa as we are in dyer need of a RW, Fernandes to replace Pogba and AWB, pretty woeful window.

Ishpan2

A young team like Ole wants, call me a dreamer. Pogba for Sandro and Dybala. Lukaku for Icardi. Rabiot on free.

De Gea
Sandro De Ligt Lindelof Shaw
Rabiot McTominay Fernandes
Dybala
Icardi Martial

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Romero
AWB - Tuanzebe - TFM - Mitchell
Lingard - Garner - Gomes
Chong - Greenwood - James

A brand new team, except my favorite player Lingard.

Not sure if that’s sarcastic but That team would get relegated no doubt.

The teams with Dalot on the right wing make me want to peel my skin off.

Like we’re not having goal scoring issues as it is.

Yeah hurts my head seeing that or those like the above that just throw youth in every position and think it'll be ok.

Fer

A young team like Ole wants, call me a dreamer. Pogba for Sandro and Dybala. Lukaku for Icardi. Rabiot on free.

De Gea
Sandro De Ligt Lindelof Shaw
Rabiot McTominay Fernandes
Dybala
Icardi Martial
Sandro is a left back, so he would be instead of Shaw.

Definitely De Ligt, Rabiot, Fernandes and Dybala would take our team in another level... Also, I would prefer Dybala behind Icardi and Martial.

If we sell Pogba to Juventus, I would swap him for Cancelo and Dybala. IMO it would be a good way to invest that money.

sp_107

----------------De Gea---------------------
AWB-----Lindelof------Toby--------Shaw
---------------Ndombele-----------------
---------Fred----------Fernandes---------
Rashford----- Dembele----------Martial

Allas8

Not sure if that’s sarcastic but That team would get relegated no doubt.
DDG
Dalot - Tuanzebe - Lindelof - Shaw
Lingard - McTominay - Gomes
Greenwood - Rashford - Sanchez

Fine, a slightly more realistic team. I would not be surprised seeing Lingard replacing Herrera though. Gomes is there because I don't know what is happening with the Pogba situation, and he is the second best playmaker at the club.

Hazzer

---------------DDG------------------
AWB---Smalling---Lindelof ---Shaw
--Tielemans--McTominay---Pogba---
----------------Lingard----------------
----------Rashford---Martial----------

If we start with the above, I think that's improvement and enough to seal top 4. Ideally would like a defensive midfielder in place of McTominay and a right winger (would prefer to wait for Sancho though rather than buying a quick fix this season).

Cant believe people still think we are still going to sign DeLigt, Rabiot, Ndombele, Dybala etc.

Part of the issue is that some fans have unrealistic expectations on attainable targets, focus and target this season is to finish in Champions League places and nothing above that. Then we can hope to add more elite players (Sancho etc.) next summer.

This is a rebuild that will take time, patience is a must.

Reactions: nimic

podurban2

If we start with the above, I think that's improvement and enough to seal top 4. Ideally would like a defensive midfielder in place of McTominay and a right winger (would prefer to wait for Sancho though rather than buying a quick fix this season).

Cant believe people still think we are still going to sign DeLigt, Rabiot, Ndombele, Dybala etc.

Part of the issue is that some fans have unrealistic expectations on attainable targets, focus and target this season is to finish in Champions League places and nothing above that. Then we can hope to add more elite players (Sancho etc.) next summer.

Unrealistic targets, but “wait for Sancho”... doesn’t add up.

Njord

Henderson
AWB Lindelöf Diop Shaw
McTominay Rice Longstaff
Sancho Greenwood Rashford

Romero, Dalot, Smalling, Matic, Fred, Lingard, Martial

Jericholyte2

De Gea
AWB Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Fred McT Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

Not gonna lie, very depressed right now (recent death of father, trying for a first child and struggling) but I have completely lost all faith in United now. Frankly wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t sort out AWB but, and I hope to be proven wrong by a wave of signings & departures, that I believe would be the last of our business.

All the old dross will stay, limited chances for new blood to shine, and a struggle for a top half finish will await.

Terminator

Romero
Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Pogba Matic McTominay
Lingard Rashford Martial

Convinced this will be our starting line-up.

Alabaster Codify7

De Gea
Fred McT Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

Not gonna lie, very depressed right now (recent death of father, trying for a first child and struggling) but I have completely lost all faith in United now. Frankly wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t sort out AWB but, and I hope to be proven wrong by a wave of signings & departures, that I believe would be the last of our business.

All the old dross will stay, limited chances for new blood to shine, and a struggle for a top half finish will await.
My thoughts exactly.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
De Gea
Fred McT Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

If you lost your father then chill man, there are far more important things in life than transfers.

Ishpan2

Here's my differing opinion: I think part of the issue is fans overreacting and forgetting that despite all the misery, we were second one season ago, were 5 pts away from a champs spot in our worst year in decades (we predictably blew it in the last 4 games).

Yes, the quality of the team has fallen due to lack of any sort of investment from Woodward, but look at our rivals. Chelsea lost their best player and their coach, and have a transfer ban. Tottenham have half their stars linked to moves away, but haven't made a single signing in how long? Arsenal are... Arsenal. Liverpool and City we clearly can't compete with, but there's 4 spots + europa champion.

Even if Woodward won't spend money, he can trade Pogba for a few quality players to shore up multiple areas of the squad, then all he has to do is buy one or two cheap, young, 'potential' players. Results in a much more well-rounded squad than last year. One star + a bunch of reserves = unbalanced team.

Why is Dybala so unreasonable? He doesn't start for Juventus, doesn't start for Argentina, had very few goals last year, and is on the team that is linked with a trade for our star player. If Pogba leaves, one of the players we are most likely to get in return is Dybala.

There is time left in the window: the sky has not fallen yet. What has so many people scared is that the mere possibility of utter transfer strategy/team collapse is indeed growing by the day. But in my opinion this is still Man Utd, we have the name to get at least some good players, and if not, and we fall down the rabbit hole, maybe finally Woodward would Finally get fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: nimic

Hazzer

Unrealistic targets, but “wait for Sancho”... doesn’t add up.
Dont see why not. Sancho doesn't seem interested this summer due to lack of Champions League. As per my post, priority is to get back into Champions League this season and then we are more attractive to such players.

We need a more disciplined strategy, like Liverpool with VVD, identify the correct player to fill a position and wait until the right opportunity to sign. Not just scattergun any player any position, which is what we have been doing for the last 5 years.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
De Gea
Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw
Longstaff, Matic, Pogba
Lingard, Rashford, Martial

Romero
Dalot, Smalling, Jones, Young
McTominay, Fred, Mata (+Pereira)
Sanchez, Lukaku, James

bonothom

De Gea
Young Smalling Jones Shaw
Matic Mctominay Fred
Lingard Gashford Martial

Fer

Dont see why not. Sancho doesn't seem interested this summer due to lack of Champions League. As per my post, priority is to get back into Champions League this season and then we are more attractive to such players.

We need a more disciplined strategy, like Liverpool with VVD, identify the correct player to fill a position and wait until the right opportunity to sign. Not just scattergun any player any position, which is what we have been doing for the last 5 years.
If we don't sign top players this summer. Then, it's going to be difficult to get back into Champions league.

Also, next summer PSG could lose Mbappe, so they would have the money to get Sancho.

City could sell Sane and move Bernando Silva centrally (as David Silva replacement). So they could sign Sancho too.

Chelsea is going to play the Champions league, if they don't have a ban next summer. They could use Hazard's money to buy him.

Even if RM can't get Mbappe, then Sancho could be an alternative for them to improve their right wing.

Bayern normally get Dortmund players (and the best Bundesliga players). They could sign him to replace Ribery or Robben.

Salah could play his last season in Liverpool, and they could use the money to get Sancho. They have played the last 2 champions league finals, and they are the current Champions. While we have any the champions league twice in the last 6 years.

IMO, we don't have to many competition to sign Sancho this summer. But in 1 year, things could be different. Also, there's no guarantee that we will return to the Champions League next year.

Craig Ward

DDG
AWB Lindelöf Maguire Shaw
Matic Pogba
James Maddison Martial
Rashford

Players who could also feature
Romero
Young
Smalling
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Dalot
Mctominey
Periera
Mata
Sanchez
Lingard
Greenwood
Gomes
Longstaff (new signing)

I believe we will sell
Lukaku
Darmian
Rojo
Jones
TFM

Matic/Pogba far from ideal. Having Young/Smalling/Lingard in the squad far from ideal.

It will take many windows for this rebuild.

Right now - that's my thoughts

Deals for De Light/Rabiot/Fernandes/Sancho/Rice I just cannot see happening.

I think selling Pogba or Sanchez wont happen either

Walters_19_MuFc

DDG
AWB Lindelöf Maguire Shaw
Matic Pogba
James Maddison Martial
Rashford

Players who could also feature
Romero
Young
Smalling
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Dalot
Mctominey
Periera
Mata
Sanchez
Lingard
Greenwood
Gomes
Longstaff (new signing)

I believe we will sell
Lukaku
Darmian
Rojo
Jones
TFM

Matic/Pogba far from ideal. Having Young/Smalling/Lingard in the squad far from ideal.

It will take many windows for this rebuild.

Right now - that's my thoughts

Deals for De Light/Rabiot/Fernandes/Sancho/Rice I just cannot see happening.

I think selling Pogba or Sanchez wont happen either
Don't think you're far off, but there's no way Leicester sell Maguire and Maddison to us, in my opinion.

Maybe Fernandes instead of Maddison or move Pogba higher and put in a box to box midfielder to replace Herrera.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Let’s try this again with a hint of optimism:

Dave
Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Bailly Shaw
Fred N’Dombele Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial

Subs:
Romero
Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Dalot
McTominay, Gomes, Garner
Sanchez, Greenwood, James

Inter Yer Nan

Slowly but surely the amount of possible new arrivals in peoples first team predictions are dwindling.
Welcome to reality.

Brilliant.:lol:
Indeed. After last summer that's why I said I think just two signings, maybe three and underwhelming one's.

I'd be stunned if we got a new central defender, I think we will get either a midfielder or a right-back but still expect our starting XI will only be one of the new summer signings come christmas time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let’s try this again with a hint of optimism:

Dave
Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Bailly Shaw
Fred N’Dombele Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial
If we get anything close to this I'd be delighted. That's a fairly good team and should see us finish top 4.

Getting Ndombele and Pepe whilst keeping Pogba seems very very unlikely though.

dutchred

This is what I hope for assuming a 25 man squad
3 keepers Romero, Henderson and Grant
4 full backs Shaw, Dalot, Laird and 1 new right back (experienced as both Laird and Dalot are young)
5 Central Defenders Smalling, Lindelof, Axel + 2 new ( 1 experienced and 1 young maybe Ozan Kabak)
8 Midfielders Mac, Pogba, Mata, Garner, Gomes, Levitt + 2 new (an experienced replacement for Matic and a replacement for Herrera maybe Longstaff)
5 Attackers James, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood + 1 new ( I hope a quick fluid type player so we can interchange the front 3 players e.g Werner

My idea of mixing the best youth combination with experience

Walters_19_MuFc

Initially, it was said that Ole wanted 4 signings, which would have been:

Winger
Right Back
Centre Midfielder
Centre Back

With the potential departures of Pogba and Lukaku, we would need six. The replacements possibly being:

Fernandes
Ben Yedder

Leaving us with a team of:

Rashford Yedder
Fernandes Matic McTominay Lingard
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan-Bissaka
De Gea

Romero Smalling Dalot Fred Longstaff James Martial

Goalkeepers:
De Gea; Romero; Grant

Defenders:
Wan-Bissaka; Dalot; Jones; Smalling; Maguire; Lindelof; Shaw; Young

Midfielders:
Lingard; Mata; Longstaff; Fred; McTominay; Matic; Pereira; Fernandes; James; Chong

Forwards:
Martial; Yedder; Rashford; Greenwood​

Last edited: