Lindelof
Shaw

Rabiot
Neves
Pogba

Felix

Sancho
Rasford

I quite like the idea of having 2 strikers that pull wide to create space in the middle. The cost of this lot will likely be near 300 mil but i do believe there will be a lot of outgoings and the fringes of our squad will be made up predominantly of some of the super talented youngsters we have.

Outs - Grant (0), Jones(10), Bailly(15), Darmian(5), Rojo(5), Herrera (0), Mata (0), Sanchez (0), Lukaku (50) Perriera (15)

INS - Wan Bissaka (40), Alderierweld (25), Rabiot (0), Neves (65), Felix (100), Sancho (90)
How to waste 100m. I fail to believe if there was 100m left to spend you would buy Felix.

Von Mistelroum

People are extremely optimistic about how much we're going to spend! It's nice to see such faith but I'm expecting it to be very similar to our current side with a new RB and CB and perhaps one more player but a net spend of less than 150m.

Also, most of these don't include Lukaku. He has his problems but with better supply he's a good striker and a far better one than Rashford. If we get players in who can actually cross and put the balls in he'll score.

Untd55

Judging by rumours, I think we might end up with a similar team to this year:

De Gea

Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw (We will try to sign Bissaka and fail) (Alderweireld will reject us)

Rice McTominay

Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial (We will try to sign Sancho and fail)

I honestly think that might be our starting line up next year.

dove

If we start next season with Martial - Rashford - Sancho as our main forwards we might as well give up.

sherrinford

Judging by rumours, I think we might end up with a similar team to this year:

De Gea

Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw (We will try to sign Bissaka and fail) (Alderweireld will reject us)

Rice McTominay

Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial (We will try to sign Sancho and fail)

I honestly think that might be our starting line up next year.
Surely we would panic buy at least one more player from somewhere if the window was going that badly...

L1nk

The horrible sinking feeling when you just know Young, Smalling, Jones and Lingard will STILL probably be starting, or thereabouts.

Jacob

I cringe when I see Rice's name. He is simply more of the rotten same. Unremarkable, average, obvious.

Bwuk

I cringe when I see Rice's name. He is simply more of the rotten same. Unremarkable, average, obvious.
I disagree entirely.

He’s the sort of player we haven’t signed in recent years.

• The right age profile
  • Plays in a position we are weak
  • Performing exceptionally well for West Ham
  • One of the best in the league in his position
This is the sort of player Ferguson would of signed.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
——————Romero
——Lindelöf—Smalling-Shaw
Dalot———————————Tierney
—————-McT——Neves
———————-Félix
——Lozano—————-Rashford
_ _____
/______\
|_______|
_______\/

———————Romero
————-Lindelöf—-Smalling
Dalot———McT———————Shaw
—————-———Neves
Lozano
——————————-Tierney
—————Félix—-Rashford

_ _____
/______\
|_______|
\/
———————Romero
—————Smalling—-Shaw
Lindelöf ———-—Neves———Tierney
—————-—McT
Dalot———————————-Rashford
—————-LozanoFélix

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

De Gea (Goalkeeper)
Wan-Bissaka (Full Back) Lindelof (Physical Defender) Umtiti (Ball Playing Defender) Shaw (Full Back)
Fred (Ball Winner) Neves (Deep-lying Playmaker)
Sancho (Winger) Pogba (Advanced Playmaker) Martial (Wide Playmaker)
Rashford (Poacher)

Romero Smalling Dalot McTominay Lingard Bergwijn/Lozano Lukaku

Wan-Bissaka - 40M
Umtiti - 60M
Sancho - 85M
Neves - 65M
Bergwijn/Lozano - 30M

280M

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Given Ole's recent comments of how we will not sign 6 or more players, this is how I see us lining up next season with 5 new signings:

-----------------------------DDG---------------------------
AWB--------Alderweireld-------Lindelof--------Shaw
-----------------------------Rice---------------------------
--------------B.Fernandes---------Pogba--------------
------------Sancho------Rashford------Sanchez-----

In (total 295m - 325m):
Sancho - 120m
B.Fernandes - 50m or Eriksen - 80m
AWB - 50m
Rice - 50m
Alderweireld - 25m

Out (140m):
Lukaku - 60m
Bailly - 25m
Rojo - 20m
Fosu Mensah - 20m
Darmian - 15m
Valencia - Free
Herrera - Free
Mata - Free

Squad of 25:
GK
: DDG, Romero, Henderson
Center Backs: Alderweireld, Lindelof, Smalling, Jones, Tuanzebe
Fullbacks: Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Shaw, Young
Midfielders: Matic, Rice, Fred, McTominay, Bruno Fernandes (or Eriksen), Pogba
Forwards: Sanchez, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Lingard, Greenwood, Chong

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
De Gea
Meunier - Alderweireld - Lindelof - Shaw
Matic - Pogba
Lingard - Fekir - Martial
Rashford​

cathari

In (total 295m - 325m):
Sancho - 120m
AWB - 50m
Rice - 50m
Alderweireld - 25m

Out (140m):
Lukaku - 60m
Bailly - 25m
Rojo - 20m
Fosu Mensah - 20m
Darmian - 15m
Valencia - Free
Herrera - Free
Mata - Free
I think you are bang on here @Freak. My only note is that Rojo might stay and send Tuanzebe on another loan.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Given Ole's recent comments of how we will not sign 6 or more players, this is how I see us lining up next season with 5 new signings:

-----------------------------DDG---------------------------
AWB--------Alderweireld-------Lindelof--------Shaw
-----------------------------Rice---------------------------
--------------B.Fernandes---------Pogba--------------
------------Sancho------Rashford------Sanchez-----

In (total 295m - 325m):
Sancho - 120m
AWB - 50m
Rice - 50m
Alderweireld - 25m

Out (140m):
Lukaku - 60m
Bailly - 25m
Rojo - 20m
Fosu Mensah - 20m
Darmian - 15m
Valencia - Free
Herrera - Free
Mata - Free

Squad of 25:
GK
: DDG, Romero, Henderson
Center Backs: Alderweireld, Lindelof, Smalling, Jones, Tuanzebe
Fullbacks: Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Shaw, Young
Midfielders: Matic, Rice, Fred, McTominay, Bruno Fernandes (or Eriksen), Pogba
Forwards: Sanchez, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Lingard, Greenwood, Chong
It’d be a good start but I’d still have martial over Sanchez

Bestietom

DDG/Romero

Wan-Bissaka(40)/Dalot Alderwield(25)/Lindelof Manolas(40)/Smalling Shaw/Young

Ndombele(50)/MCT Pogba/Fred Couthino(80)/Gomez

Sancho(80)/Greenwood Rashford/Lukaku Martial/Lingard

-265 on new players +100 Millions
on players like Fellaini(10 in the bank)/Perrera(20)/Matic(20)/Jones(10)/Baily(30)/Rojo(10)

With Just 165 Millions in this window we could look better and later we can replace Lingard/Smalling//Lukaku/Young. What do you think?

Don't think Coutinho will come but Fernandes could, and would love to see Ndombele also.

Wayne's World

-----------------------------De Gea--------------------
--------Young-------- Jones-------- Smalling-------- Shaw
--------------MCT--------- Matic------------Fred
--------Sanchez--------Rashford---------Martial

Yes I have no faith in our recruitment policy so I wouldn't' be surprised to see this on the first day of the season next year. (Pogba sold by the way too) :wenger::wenger::wenger:

Walters_19_MuFc

It’d be a good start but I’d still have martial over Sanchez
A good start? There's not much more we'd need to do after that, although I think Ole is after more of a midfield controller, rather than an attacking one in B Fernandes.

I would also love us to get two centre midfielders, but im not too sure we will.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Young
Young Young Young Young
Young Young Young Young
Young Bebe

RoyH1

I love how everyone is so confident of Sancho being here next season. What if Dortmund sells him to someone else? Hell, what if he doesn't want to play for Ole and wants to wait on Barsa or Madrid to come knocking at his door?

Kostov

Romero​
Darmian Smalling Jones Young
Matic​
Fred Pogba​
Lingard Rashford Alexis

That would be great. Lots of experience local lads and players who understand what this club is all about.

jamesjimmybyrondean

------------------------------DeGea--------------------------------

Bissaka----------Lindelof----------Rice-----------Shaw

---------------------------McTominay----------------------

-----------Fernandes-----------------Pogba--------------

Sancho------------------Jovic-------------------Rashford

I don't know why we haven't heard rumors of Jovic even if it's from daily mail. He wants to be a starter and Madrid are in for him but Zidane just said Benzema is the best No.9. We should be all over this

RedMilo

Henderson
Muenier Axel Maguire Shaw
Sancho Rice Tielemans Sessegnon
Sanchez
Rahsford

Kweku Amonoo

De Gea
Dalot Lindelof Tuanzebe Shaw
Rabiot
B. Fernandes Pogba
Joao Felix
Rashford Martial

Kaglish10

Like I said, I don't fancy his sort of player.

Personally, I prefer Juve's 3-man midfield set up of Pirlo, Marchiso and Vidal than Madrid's midfield of Casemiro, Modric and Kroos because the two playmakers in the first set up are much more spread out in the midfield than the second, that is, Pirlo would help in building up and dictating the play from deep while Marchiso would do his, further up in the midfield and they would all be complemented by an all action workhorse such as Vidal.

Same setup was also employed by Mourinho when he had Alonso, Granero and Khedira in his midfield at Madrid. I actually think Mourinho stumbled upon it midway into the season and seeing how impressive it was, he had no option than to move Ozil to the right wing to accommodate such midfield. I can say that during the course of it, Madrid went unbeaten and accumulated so many points and also scored so many goals to win the league ahead of Barca, with lots goal scored by them. However in the following season, Mourinho allowed Granero leave and the player (Modric) signed to replace him was hardly utilised until Ancelotti was brought in.

Ancelotti employed same tactics with a 3-man midfield of Alonso, Modric and Khedira but unfortunately, Khedira got injured hence Madrid faltered for a while and the coach had to try out di Maria, who deputised for the injured Khedira in the midfield. It actually worked out for Madrid and that led to their winning of the CL. But unfortunately, Madrid lost Alonso who didn't want to extend his contract because he had wanted to leave Madrid in high spirit and there was Di Maria who wanted a hefty pay rise and Madrid had no option than to bin him. I wish we could do same to the mercenaries in our team. Anyway, Kroos was brought in to replace Alonso but Kroos is more of a playmaking no 8 than a playmaking 6 hence Madrid had to bring in a defensive no 6 like Casemiro to accommodate the two no 8 they have in Kroos and Modric but this midfield wasn't as impressive as the former because Modric and Kroos had to constantly drop deep to progress the play. Even Madrid's president was initially adamant about this and had wanted the coach to continue to utilise Kroos in the no 6 role until it became visibly evident that Kroos couldn't operate in the role.

I think it's a similar thing Sarri is trying to employ at Chelsea however, Jorginho is more of a recycler such as Busquet and also, Chelsea don't have a playmaking no 8 such as Modric or Marchiso they could deploy further up the pitch to work in tandem with Jorginho who's operating deeper.

J_XO

De Gea - Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Manolas - Shaw - Rice - Fernandes - Fred - Lozano - Rashford - Martial

Can't see us going big for a CB. Can't see Sancho leaving.

Kaglish10

Like I said, I don't fancy his sort of player.

Personally, I prefer Juve's 3-man midfield set up of Pirlo, Marchiso and Vidal than Madrid's midfield of Casemiro, Modric and Kroos because the two playmakers in the first set up are much more spread out in the midfield than the second, that is, Pirlo would help in building up and dictating the play from deep while Marchiso would do his, further up in the midfield and they would all be complemented by an all action workhorse such as Vidal.

Same setup was also employed by Mourinho when he had Alonso, Granero and Khedira in his midfield at Madrid. I actually think Mourinho stumbled upon it midway into the season and seeing how impressive it was, he had no option than to move Ozil to the right wing to accommodate such midfield. I can say that during the course of it, Madrid went unbeaten and accumulated so many points and also scored so many goals to win the league ahead of Barca, with lots goal scored by them. However in the following season, Mourinho allowed Granero leave and the player (Modric) signed to replace him was hardly utilised until Ancelotti was brought in.

Ancelotti employed same tactics with a 3-man midfield of Alonso, Modric and Khedira but unfortunately, Khedira got injured hence Madrid faltered for a while and the coach had to try out di Maria, who deputised for the injured Khedira in the midfield. It actually worked out for Madrid and that led to their winning of the CL. But unfortunately, Madrid lost Alonso who didn't want to extend his contract because he had wanted to leave Madrid in high spirit and there was Di Maria who wanted a hefty pay rise and Madrid had no option than to bin him. I wish we could do same to the mercenaries in our team. Anyway, Kroos was brought in to replace Alonso but Kroos is more of a playmaking no 8 than a playmaking 6 hence Madrid had to bring in a defensive no 6 like Casemiro to accommodate the two no 8 they have in Kroos and Modric but this midfield wasn't as impressive as the former because Modric and Kroos had to constantly drop deep to progress the play. Even Madrid's president was initially adamant about this and had wanted the coach to continue to utilise Kroos in the no 6 role until it became visibly evident that Kroos couldn't operate in the role.

I think it's a similar thing Sarri is trying to employ at Chelsea however, Jorginho is more of a recycler such as Busquet and also, Chelsea don't have a playmaking no 8 such as Modric or Marchiso they could deploy further up the pitch to work in tandem with Jorginho who's operating deeper.
This should be in Declan Rice thread.

Stadjer

Lozano has been terrible for the second part of the season and people still want/expect him at Old Trafford next year?

El Zoido

Romero

Young
Smalling
Lindelöf
Shaw

Fred
McTominay
Lingard

Rashford
Martial
Sanchez

I'm hoping we go into the season with a lineup like this:

De Gea
xxxx - Lindelof - xxxx - Shaw
xxxx - Fred/McT - Pogba
xxxx - Rashford - Martial

I don't know who we will sign but with the right players there is a good team there. We can't afford to go into next season starting Young, Smalling, Matic and Lukaku.

There is also a big risk De Gea and Pogba leave and then we need 6 starting players, an almost impossible task.

izec

De Gea - Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Manolas - Shaw - Rice - Fernandes - Fred - Lozano - Rashford - Martial

Can't see us going big for a CB. Can't see Sancho leaving.
I have a similar squad in mind. Lozano, Wan Bissaka, Rice and Fernandes too.

But i hope Manolas and Fred are not in it. I hope we go for someone else than Manolas, Andersen or Milenkovic. And Fred the same, i hope we go for Barella to replace Herrera. I could live with that squad. I dont trust Fred to be good ebough to be honest and we need midfielders for next season, seeing that Pogba and Herrera are gone and Matic is past it.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I seriously believe that the big exodus that we've been expecting over the last few seasons will happen this Summer.

In my eyes, AT LEAST one of De Gea or Pogba won't be here next season. For this thread, I'll just assume it's both.

Romero

Wan Bissaka
Lindelof
Smalling
Shaw

McTominay
Fred
Fernandes

Pepe
Rashford
Greenwood