Predict the United first team 2019/20

RepardReece

Ideally I would like to see something like this (with realism):

Oblak (Romero)
Wan Bissaka (Dalot) - Lindelöf (Smalling) - Koulibaly / De Ligt (Rice) - Shaw (???)
Rice (McTominay)
Coutinho (Fred) - Pogba (Neves)
Sancho (Lingard) - Rashford (Lukaku / Greenwood) - Martial (Sanchez)
Rice can go cover for Koulibaly / De Ligt if needed, McTominay comes in or even Neves.

This is what I believe we will have come next season:

De Gea (Romero)
Young (Dalot) - Lindelöf (Smalling) - Koulibaly (Rice) - Shaw (???)
Rice (McTominay)
Fernandes (Fred) - Pogba (Lingard)
Lozano (Lingard) - Rashford (Lukaku / Greenwood) - Martial (Sanchez)
Can't see OGS getting rid of Young thus far, which is my biggest problem with that squad, but hopefully rumours pop up somewhere throughout summer. If Pogba does go I would like to see Coutinho come in for that position. Can't see Sancho leaving Dortmund this summer, which is a shame as it's the only option I really want at RW. Martial is still a big question mark.

Sterling Archer

---------------DDG
AWB ---Koulibaby--- Lindelof ---Shaw
-------McTominay---- Rice--- Bruno Fernandes
Sancho ---Rashford ---- Alexis

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
---------------DDG
AWB ---Koulibaby--- Lindelof ---Shaw
-------McTominay---- Rice--- Bruno Fernandes
Sancho ---Rashford ---- Alexis
I think the front 3, could definitely look like this. I’d even maybe, swap Rashford for Martial.

I’m not sure we’ll have the funds for an expensive defender, and winger, even with selling Pogba. So someone like Toby Alderweireld, could be an option. And I probably make him captain.

It’ll certainly be a start, we’d need Sanchez, to find form. If Pogba stays, and you add a better striker, that’s a good team.

With so much uncertainty, regarding players futures, it’s hard to predict anything. We could easily end up, with Young still at RB.

#CR7

De gea
Wan Bissaka
Lindelof
Koulibaly
Shaw
Rice
Fred
Bruno
Sancho
Rashford
Bale

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
de Gea

Meunier
Maguire

Lindelof/Smalling
Shaw

Matic
Fred/McTominay
Pogba

Bale
Rashford/Lukaku
Martial/Lingard

Meunier £30m
Maguire £60m
Bale £100m

Not what I want, just what I think.

Infra-red

I reckon Pogba goes, with Bale coming the other way, but De Gea stays. Lukaku will stay, too.

4-3-1-2/4-4-2 diamond:

De Gea

Trippier Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Fred Rice McTominay

Bale

Lukaku Rashford​

Womp

idiot
Martial --- Rashford
--------Felix
-----Bruno------Fred
-----------Rice
Shaw----CB?-----Lindelof----Dalot
-------------DDG

Champagne Football

Felix will end up at Juve I'd say, and with Pogba leaving that means possibly bring in 4 or 5 in total.

Romero
Meunier - Alderweireld - Lindelof - Shaw
Milinkovic-Savic - Herrera
Sancho - Fernandes - Martial
Rashford​

kerryman

Felix will end up at Juve I'd say, and with Pogba leaving that means possibly bring in 4 or 5 in total.

Romero
Meunier - Alderweireld - Lindelof - Shaw
Milinkovic-Savic - Herrera
Sancho - Fernandes - Martial
Rashford​
Almost every poster here with Rashford in the line up....he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for us. We are screwed if that is the case, he's not going to give us 20-30 goals a season, he's way too inconsistent.
He's a mid-table level forward IMO, we need a world class attacker if we want to progress and win trophies. Get the blinkers off, he's not as good as many on here think.

croadyman

Judging by rumours, I think we might end up with a similar team to this year:

De Gea

Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw (We will try to sign Bissaka and fail) (Alderweireld will reject us)

Rice McTominay

Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial (We will try to sign Sancho and fail)

I honestly think that might be our starting line up next year.
One signing would be the worst transfer window since the summer of 2013

Scholsey2004

Martial Rashford Ziyech
Ndombele Rice. Fernandes
Shaw . Lindelof. Smalling Trippier
Romero

I'd love to get Sancho in mind.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
——————-Romero
——Lindelöf-Smalling-Shaw
Meunier————————Sessegnon
———-—Herrera—Milivojevic
——————Fernandes
——-Sancho—————Rashford

Last edited:

friendlytramp

——————-Romero
—-Lindelöf-—Rice—-Shaw
Meunier—McT—FernandesChilwell
—Greenwood———Rashford
———————Icardi

De Gea £50m
Pogba £100m
Lukaku swap for Icardi
Rojo, Jones £25m

Rice £50m
Meunier £25m
Chilwell £25m
Fernades £75m

Net spend £0m

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
——————-Romero
—-Lindelöf-—Rice—-Shaw
—Greenwood———Rashford
———————Icardi

De Gea £50m
Pogba £100m
Lukaku swap for Icardi
Rojo, Jones £25m

Rice £50m
Meunier £25m
Chilwell £25m
Fernades £75m

Net spend £0m

De Gea for 50 million? I know he’s in bad form but we should still be asking for at least £80 million in today’s market. Thankfully I can’t see that team happening as it would be diabolical it wouldn’t even get top 6.

clee1992

De Gea
Dalot Koulibaly Lindelof Shaw

McTominay

Fred Pogba

Bale Rashford Martial

As much as id like to change this starting XI This is a realistic lineup for next season

K13

I would like to see us manage some of the resources we have first before we even think about buying more players. I think a couple of signings - maybe 3.

De Gea

Dalot - Lindelof - Smalling/Bailly - Shaw

Herrera - Saul - Pogba

Sanchez/ Ericksen

Lukaku / Rashford - Martial / Rashford

GK

De Gea deserves more from us. If he wants pay parity with Sanchez then give it to him.

Defence.

Young needs to be phased out and Dalot given a run of games .. Rafael was allowed to make mistakes but he was beside 3 stalwarts. So Smalling, Lindelof & Shaw are fairly settled now so use him/ believe in him.
Same with Smalling - Bailly is only just 25 and he and Lindelof could be the consistent long term pairing we need so over next season phasing out Smalling and Young hopefully is a priority

We need back up for Shaw ... the best left backs are already with our rivals so we need academy or a solid pro who will not create waves when not starting. One for the scouts.

Midfield

Fred - until he can play in triangles he can not give us the creativity we need centrally so we need another midfield player, to phase out Matic. This is where I think our big money signing should be made. I like the look of Saul because he makes other players around him better.

Manage Pogba - his previous managers and Deschamps have only glowing things to say. So we stick out like a sort thumb

Forwards

Rashford/Martial - a second and a first place former young world player of the year and we haven't developed them so what chance with all the names being suggested who are not even close to that level. Which young player would risk their career and see us as an option until we give these 2 the support and management they deserve? They have both lost 2 years under Jose and his tough love. They both eventually reached his exacting standards so must have great mental strength. Don't forget
Salah, De Bruyne and Robben left Jose at similar ages

Sanchez - what a waste. Why can we not manage him? Wenger, Guardiola had no problems. Lingard is a fantastic option there as well. I would like us to take a cheeky punt on Eriksen but start to phase in Greenwood if not
successful

Overall

Lazy/disinterested have been terms bandied around far too easily. This is their career. A very short amount of time to make their mark. We have some of the best talent in the world and surely they deserve a coaching set up and foundation that helps them develop.

It is far beyond running. Anyone can run. Passion for the game first and technique. City have those types of players in abundance. They enjoy their football. I don't think many of our players enjoy playing for us at the moment.

It is like asking an artist to draw stick men day in and day out. It must get to them.

RedTechsture

Supports
Shrewsbury Town FC
I love and hate these posts in equal measure.
Caveat:-
Usually just an avid reader of your guys knowledge on here so forgive the sudden wall of text. Just dread "Silly season" as it always seems to pass us by in recent years.
I Love these threads, because its always nice to hope, and is always fun to do your FM teams via message board.
I Hate them, because every year there's this roundabout of everyone going on about the very same 10 cliche "flavours of the month" and subsequent positions that we need to fill that will be the saviours..... some times theyre from realistic stats, some times from FM..... BUT THEN..... they never EVER arise (Sneijder, Gondogan, Vidal, Muller et al from recent years chat).
Then when the transfer(s) dont happen and you have 12 months of hindsight, you find that the players in question went nowhere or "Fell off the cliff" (Andrea Boletti anyone?).
I would love for us to have a great transfer summer, but in reality:-
1) The club is a mess and attracting anyone good to us, without paying them MEGA wages (which we need to move away from), is not likely. we're not the draw we once were.
2) Woodward is about as clueless as, a netball supporting ewok with leprosy, as far as football goes. Soooooo disconnected from the footballing side of the club. We will end up with his stupid grinning face next to balding Bale with a United Scarf and redonculous wages, blindly believing that's "what the fans wanted".
3) The Glazers also totally disconnected from the fans. Ground is old and knackered, under developed for years. A defence who played together against Basel in 2011 that was shit then, and hasn't improved..... AND..... has since been given new contracts.

As per all of these threads.....We RIGHTLY need a HUGE overhaul. But as far as I can tell listening to Ole, he says we "DONT need an overhaul", which means to me hes under the exact same constraints as Mourinho last summer, but sadly Ole sounds more like the "Yes" man they want (upset as I am about that).

In short, forget 98% of the FM names mentioned on CAF, and the 6 out 5 in dreams. We will be signing 2 (probably underwhelming) players, 2 days before the window closes. And shipping out probably less than 50% of what we need to.
Woodward and the Glazers need to go.
The purchase power that we SHOULD have, WITHOUT the PIK interest, WITHOUT a sugar daddy, and thus WITHOUT the FFP issues that comes with the sugar daddies etc should put our team head and shoulders above the likes of Citeh, and Madrid and Barcelona. The position we are in is SHOCKING and it comes from the top.
Woodward couldn't sign his own arse-hole if he could reach it with both hands. I sincerely hope im VERY wrong (and I very much look forward to every single one of you berating me in August saying "BWA HA HA HA HA you knob, how wrong were YOU???) but we wont attract ANY of the names on these threads, and will be lucky to stay in 6th next season whilst the poisoned leprachauns and their usless chronies bleed us and our ground drier and drier.
Have seen this "warchest" chat too many times the last few years.

Canagel

——————-Romero
—-Lindelöf-—Rice—-Shaw
—Greenwood———Rashford
———————Icardi

De Gea £50m
Pogba £100m
Lukaku swap for Icardi
Rojo, Jones £25m

Rice £50m
Meunier £25m
Chilwell £25m
Fernades £75m

Net spend £0m
What a mediocre team. We have wasted enough money already.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
DDG
Dalot-Smalling-DeLigt-Shaw
Kante-Verratti-Pogba
Sancho
Rashford-Martial

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d like to see:

———————Goalkeeper———————
— RB—-Varane—Smalling/Lindelöf-Shaw-
————————-Rice—————————
———CM————————-Pogba————-
—Sancho——Striker——Martial/Rashford-

In terms of right back, Wan-Bissaka looks most linked now. I wouldn’t be against Meunier as I want us to bring as much experience in as we can.

Centre half, Varane is the perfect profile for me. Quality comes with leadership and experience. Would form great partnership with either Smalling or Lindelöf I think.

In midfield, I’d have loved Saul above all, but that looks far-fetched. Ultimately, I think we need legs in the team, and a player capable of contributing both defensively and offensively. Nico Barella or Ndombele would be ideal if not Saul. Rice would be the perfect DM to provide a platform for the front players.

Upfront, I think we need an experienced striker who we can expect to get us 20+ leave goals. Rashford and Martial can try to get in on the left for now. I wouldn’t even be against Alexis being given a go as the striker, but these Icardi rumours also intrigue me. He’s about 25 now, and consistently scores 20+ league goals in Italy. He shows up in big games and is generally a ‘one chance, one goal’ man.

I also want Gomes, Greenwood and Garner integrates into the squad too.

friendlytramp

——————Romero
——AlderweireldDe Ligt
Meunier
—————————Shaw
———————Rice
————McT———Fernandes
Bale————————Hudson-Odoi
——————Rashford

Alder £25m
Meunier £25m
De Ligt £100m
Rice £50m
Fernandes £50m
Hudson Odoi £50m
Bale loan

£300m

De Gea £50m (PSG)
Pogba £100m (Madrid)
Lukaku £50m (Inter)
Martial £50m (Chelsea)
Mata £10m
Rojo £10m
Jones £20m (West Ham)
Sanchez £10m

£300m

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
-----------------------------Dave

--Meunier-----Lindelof------Toby-----Shaw

-----------------------------Fred

--------------Tielmanns----Fernandes

---Bale---------------Rashford--------------Lozano

Bale (Loan)
Lozano £45m
Tielmanns £40m
Bruno Fernandes £65m
Toby £25m
Meunier £25m

Sold:

Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku

TheHeya

David

Dalot
Lindelof
Smalling
Shaw

Matic
Fred
Mctominay

Lingard
Rashford
Martial

starman

.......................DDG...
AWB... Lindelof..... Toby..... Shaw
...................Mctominay
.......Bruno..................Doucoure
....Pepe.....Rashford ....Son

izec

Full English, it is time, i want to see this

-------------------------Greenwood---------------------
Rashford-----------------Gomes--------------------Sancho
------------------Garner--------------Rice---------------
Shaw-----------Maguire-----------Tuanzebe------------Wan-Bissaka
-------------------------Henderson------------------------

Dan600

1st XI
GK Romero
DR Yan Valery (30) or Wan Bissaka (50)
DL Shaw
DC Lindelof
DC Alderweireld (25) or Maguire (60) or Keane (40)
DM Declan Rice (50) or Eric Dier (40) or Ndidi (40)
MC Paul Pogba
MC Rabiot (Free) or Bruno Fernandes (45) or Gibbs White (45)
AML Rashford
AMR Ryan Fraser (35) or Felipe Anderson (50) or Dwight McNeil (30)
ST Griezmann (120)

Between £250M and £375M spent

2nd XI
GK Pereira
DR Dalot
DL Young
DC Smalling
DC Tuanzebe
DM McTominay
MC Pereira
MC Fred
AML Martial
AMR Lingard
ST Greenwood

Outgoings
Valencia Free
Herrera Free
Mata Free
Rojo £5M
Darmian £5M
Bailly £25M
Matic £20M
Sanchez £20M (wiped out by continued wage subsidy)
Lukaku £70M
Phil Jones - STAYS - no takers

£145M in

Gopher Brown

Romero; Dalot, Alderweireld, Lindelof, Shaw; Matic, Fred, Pogba; Bale, Rashford, Lingard.

Consolidating 6th position.
Ole gone before end of season.
Young to play at least 25 games.
Bale to sign permanently for £60m.

I think a few of you have a problem with the idea of a ‘prediction,’ rather than wishful thinking.

Varane! Why would he leave Real Madrid, where he starts and has Zidane back as manager to join the 6th best team in England? Ridiculous.

I expect a lot of big clubs will also be in for Alderweireld, so we might not even get him.

Last edited:

spe88

DDG

AWBKoulibaly—Lindelof—Shaw

R NevesRice—Herrera

Sancho—Martial—Rashford

Romero

Dalot—Smalling—Jones—Young

McTominay—Matic—Perreira

Lingard—Lukaku—Chong

Out:
Valencia
Darmian
Bailly
Rojo
Fred
Pogba
Mata
Sanchez
(Most likely Herrera)

TrebleFan99

De Gea
Meunier Skriniar Koulibaly Shaw
Rice McTominay
Neres Fernandes Martial
Rashford

IN
Meunier - 25M
Skriniar - swap with Lukaku
Koulibaly - 100M
Rice - 50M
Fernandes - 35M release clause
Neres - 30M release clause

OUT
Pogba - 130M
Lukaku - swap for Skriniar
Jones - 20M
Rojo - 10M
Too tired to type the rest

Net Spend 80M.

I would prefer to build our team from the back. Can't stand the look of our defence, I cringe every time the Man Utd app notifies me of the lineup.

*Pogba and Lukaku are easy for me to move on - anybody who talks about wanting to play somewhere else are the first players I want to cash in on to rebuild. That kind of talk is toxic and needs to banned by our club.
**Not saying this team will challenge for the title, still plenty of work to do but money left to continue the rebuild further up the pitch.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Do people really expect half the players mentioned in this thread to give up on playing in the Champions League in order to take what is, let's be honest, a huge gamble to come and play for us right now?

We should be sniffing around the likes of Wolves and Leicester for players. Neves, Pereira, Doherty, Jota or Maguire would instantly add significant quality, premier league experience and genuine desire.

Whoever we buy has to want to come here for all the right reasons, and totally buy into the idea of playing fo us for a significant stretch of time. I would happily see the above mentioned come in and replace Matic, Young, Jones, Sanchez and Rojo. To name a few!

RORY65

De Gea

Wan Bissaka
Lindelof
Alderweireld
Shaw

Matic
Fred
Fernandes

Bale
Rashford
Martial

That's a team that will seriously have it's work cut out to make the top 4 but I think it might be what we've got.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
De Gea

Wan Bissaka
Lindelof
Alderweireld
Shaw

Matic
Fred
Fernandes

Bale
Rashford
Martial

That's a team that will seriously have it's work cut out to make the top 4 but I think it might be what we've got.
Matic needs to go too I’m afraid