Predict the United first team 2019/20

RORY65

Matic needs to go too I’m afraid
I don't disagree but I doubt we're going to sell him and Ole has very clearly chosen him over McTominay recently despite him only just coming back from injury and McTominay really impressing of late.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
First team

GK: Henderson
RB: Wan-Bissaka
CB: Lindelöf
CB: Koulibaly
LB: Shaw
CDM: Rice
CM: Fernandes
CM: Pogba
RW: Sancho
LW: Martial
ST: Rashford

Second team

GK:
Romero
RB: Dalot
CB: Jones
CB: Tuanzebe
LB: Young
CDM: Garner
CM: McTominay
CM: Fred
RW: Lingard
LW: Sanchez
ST: Greenwood

Additional players: Grant, O’Connor, Laird, Gomes (loan), Chong (loan)

IN
Sancho 110m
Koulibaly 75m
Fernandes 50m
Wan-Bissaka 40m
Rice 40m
= 315

OUT
Lukaku 55m
De Gea 50m
Rojo 5m
Bailly 15m
Darmian 10m
Smalling 20m
Matic 10m
Herrera
Valencia
= 155

Net spending: 160m

Get rid of the older guys and keep our best player in Pogba.

Koulibaly would lead or backline. Wan-Bissaka would be a solid addition to us and he would allow Sancho to play without worrying too much about defence. Henderson and Romero competing for game time could also work out quite well. Romero as second choice keeper is second to none in the premier league, a highly experienced international goalie could mentor Henderson. Time to let De Gea go! One of my favorite players in our team, but time has come. Get the fee and get rid of his salary.

I know that we would be a bit thin on striker options, but lets be real; OGS is going to play Rashford, a lot, and Lukaku is not the answer anyway so get rid while we still can get a good fee for him.

This squad would have a lot of potential and as we are in the EL next season we have to figure out if players like; Garner, Greenwood, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Rashford, Lindelöf etc. has what it takes to get this club back in the title race. Tuanzebe for an example is having a great season with Aston Villa and I would not be surprised if he takes Lindelöfs place next season.

I think we would comfortably finish top 4 with this squad next season. The summer after this next one we can asses if Henderson, Rashford, Martial etc. are good enough and strengthen those or other positions if needed.

It’s not all bad, but we really need to get this summer spot on.

Last edited:

Negan

If we had any sense...

De Gea
Pereira - Koulibaly - Lindelöf - Sandro
Sancho - Neves - Pogba - Bale
Rashford - Zaha

What it will be...

Pickford
Young - Smalling - Maguire - Shaw
Rice
McTominay - Fred
Lingard - Rashford - Martial

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don't disagree but I doubt we're going to sell him and Ole has very clearly chosen him over McTominay recently despite him only just coming back from injury and McTominay really impressing of late.
Tbh Ole has played them in different positions. Matic has been the anchor of the midfield while McTerminator has played in a more advanced role.

I do agree. We need to get rid of Matic.

Shejkus

Meunier - Smalling - Alderweireld - Shaw

Rice
Fred - Neves

Bale/Sancho - Martial - Rashford

OUT: Pogba , Rojo , Darmian , Valencia , Mata , Herrera, Lukaku
IN: Meunier , Bale(Loan), Sancho, Alderweireld, Neves, Rice

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Ddg
Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McTom Matic
Pogba
Mata Sanchez Rashy

Nero

Think no CL football will make this a nightmare window and ruin a lot of our plans. Can't see the likes of Sancho wanting anything to do with us in our current state.

Some may say having CL is overstated and point out the players we've brought in without it recently. Or mention that if the money is good they will come regardless.

Before, we could blag no CL as being a rarity. The reality now is we've finished outside top 4 in 4 of the last 6 seasons. This is now the norm.

Walters_19_MuFc

First team

RB: Shaw

Second team

GK:
Romero

IN
Sancho 110m
Koulibaly 75m
Fernandes 50m
Wan-Bissaka 40m
Rice 40m
= 315

OUT
Lukaku 55m
De Gea 50m
Rojo 5m
Bailly 15m
Darmian 10m
Smalling 20m
Matic 10m
Herrera
Valencia
= 155

Koulibaly would lead or backline. Wan-Bissaka would be a solid addition to us and he would allow Sancho to play without worrying too much about defence. Henderson and Romero competing for game time could also work out quite well. Romero as second choice keeper is second to none in the premier league, a highly experienced international goalie could mentor Henderson. Time to let De Gea go! One of my favorite players in our team, but time has come. Get the fee and get rid of his salary.

I know that we would be a bit thin on striker options, but lets be real; OGS is going to play Rashford, a lot, and Lukaku is not the answer anyway so get rid while we still can get a good fee for him.

This squad would have a lot of potential and as we are in the EL next season we have to figure out if players like; Garner, Greenwood, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Rashford, Lindelöf etc. has what it takes to get this club back in the title race. Tuanzebe for an example is having a great season with Aston Villa and I would not be surprised if he takes Lindelöfs place next season.

I think we would comfortably finish top 4 with this squad next season. The summer after this next one we can asses if Henderson, Rashford, Martial etc. are good enough and strengthen those or other positions if needed.

I know we're shite down the right, but not sure we need two right backs. :p

IrishMcD

So Ole has already said we won't be signing 6 or 7 players, so lets presume it will therefore be the best case scenario of 5 signings, all of which will go into the starting team. Sad thing is, I cant think of 6 players who we currently have that I'd like to see starting next year. De Gea, Herrera and Pogba are looking unlikely to be here, so that leaves me with Shaw, Lindelof and Dalot as the only ones I think deserve a starting place at this club. Don't rate Rashford or Martial, which I know seems to be a hot topic at the minute with people debating their value to the team.
Scary times ahead.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Henderson will stay at Sheffield United for another season now that they're in the Premier League.

Here's a hot take: Smalling, Jones, Young, Rojo, and Bailly will all remain here next season, unfortunately.

Jezpeza

De Gea

Young Jones Smalling Shaw

Rice
Fred Lingard

Pepe rashford Martial

eltigreFalcao

As it is about predicting and not proyecting our desires, I'll go for

Romero
AWB/Meunier - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
Fred - Matic/Rice - Tielemans
Sanchez/Lukaku - Rashford - Martial

Jibbs

...................................Henderson..........................

Wan Bissaka....Lindelof.....Maguire......Shaw

........................Rabiot.............................

...............Bruno.................Pogba.....................

Pepe....................Icardi..................Rashford

Last edited:

Mainoldo

................................De-Gea..........................

Wan Bissaka....Lindelof.....Alderweireld ....Chidwell

........................Neves.............................

Pepe....................Icardi..................Sancho

Raw

................................De-Gea..........................

Wan Bissaka....Lindelof.....Alderweireld ....Chidwell

........................Neves.............................

Pepe....................Icardi..................Sancho
We're never making 8 first team signings in one summer :lol:

Toad

Poor De Gea. I wonder if Messi didn’t score in 10 games he would get sold :nervous:

Cantonagotmehere

First team

Second team

GK:
Romero

IN
Sancho 110m
Koulibaly 75m
Fernandes 50m
Wan-Bissaka 40m
Rice 40m
= 315

OUT
Lukaku 55m
De Gea 50m
Rojo 5m
Bailly 15m
Darmian 10m
Smalling 20m
Matic 10m
Herrera
Valencia
= 155

Very well laid out. This is my hope, just not sure about the reality. I sadly think some of the players will cost more than we think.

sparx99

Not dissimilar but I reckon we will look something like this. Meunier, Alderweireld and Bruno Fernandes seem like good options at reasonable fees whereas Wan-Bissaka comes with an English tax and Koulibaly seems awfully expensive whereas Alderweireld has the Premier League experience. Declan Rice seems like a good option to replace Matic and add mobility in that position. Sancho could finally solve our right-wing issues and Felix looks too good a player for us to not pursue.

Personally, I think we can keep De Gea and Pogba but if they did move on along with Lukaku then we could be in for one hell of a summer of change. I find that exciting rather than scary though. Yes, we may see some settling in issues but my god our squad needs a proper shakeup and competition for places.

First team

GK: De Gea
RB: Meunier
CB: Alderweireld
LW: Rashford
ST: Felix

Second team

GK:
Romero
CB: Smalling

Jacob

Not dissimilar but I reckon we will look something like this. Meunier, Alderweireld and Bruno Fernandes seem like good options at reasonable fees whereas Wan-Bissaka comes with an English tax and Koulibaly seems awfully expensive whereas Alderweireld has the Premier League experience. Declan Rice seems like a good option to replace Matic and add mobility in that position. Sancho could finally solve our right-wing issues and Felix looks too good a player for us to not pursue.

Personally, I think we can keep De Gea and Pogba but if they did move on along with Lukaku then we could be in for one hell of a summer of change. I find that exciting rather than scary though. Yes, we may see some settling in issues but my god our squad needs a proper shakeup and competition for places.

First team

GK: De Gea
RB: Meunier
CB: Alderweireld
LW: Rashford
ST: Felix

Second team

GK:
Romero
CB: Smalling
Impossible to get Sancho and Felix in one window. They cost at least 230 million.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
De gea

Bissaka
Koulibaly
Lindelof
Shaw

Fernandes
McTomminay
Pogba

Sancho
Rashford
Martial

sparx99

Impossible to get Sancho and Felix in one window. They cost at least 230 million.
Maybe but the deals are structured over long periods and if we sell Lukaku amongst others we will have funds.

We didn’t spend £70m on a defender last summer which we had earmarked and sold Fellaini in January. We’ve also got significant wages coming off the books this summer. We could and should spend £300m this summer.

It’s even possible to do the PSG style loan with commitment to buy next summer for x amount. You end up paying more but it spreads out the outlay over more years.

OoopsMisclick

People really want to rely on martial and rashford as main goalscorers for a season??

We need a good striker if we ship lukaku out.
Martial & Rashford are in poor form for a while now. Need someone stronger and more consistent

reddevilz007

--------------Cillesen-------------
-AWB--Manolas--Toby--Shaw
----------------Rice--------------
-----Bruno--------van de Beek--
--------------Felix----------------
------Pepe----------Rashford

Subs:
Jovic, Dalot, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Romero, Matic, Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner

Sanchez: wages
Lukaku: 50 mil
Martial: 50 mil
Pogba: 120 mil
De Gea: 50 mil
Bailly: 15 mil
Rojo: 10 mil
Darmian: 10 mil
Jones: 10 mil
Herrera: wages
Mata: wages
Valencia: wages

Selling fees + wages gone = roughly 350 mil + 220 mil of planned transfer fees = 570 mil

Reported transfer fees:
Cillesen: 20 mil
Manolas: 30 mil
Toby: 30 mil
Wan Bissaka: 35 mil
Rice: 50 mil
Bruno: 75 mil
van de Beek: 50 mil
Felix: 100 mil
Pepe: 70 mil
Jovic: 60 mil

The older back line of Manolas, Smalling and Toby, alongside Matic and Young, should give enough leadership for all the new young players.

zeekey

--------------Cillesen-------------
-AWB--Manolas--Toby--Shaw
----------------Rice--------------
-----Bruno--------van de Beek--
--------------Felix----------------
------Pepe----------Rashford

Subs:
Jovic, Dalot, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Romero, Matic, Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner

Sanchez: wages
Lukaku: 50 mil
Martial: 50 mil
Pogba: 120 mil
De Gea: 50 mil
Bailly: 15 mil
Rojo: 10 mil
Darmian: 10 mil
Jones: 10 mil
Herrera: wages
Mata: wages
Valencia: wages

Selling fees + wages gone = roughly 350 mil + 220 mil of planned transfer fees = 570 mil

Reported transfer fees:
Cillesen: 20 mil
Manolas: 30 mil
Toby: 30 mil
Wan Bissaka: 35 mil
Rice: 50 mil
Bruno: 75 mil
van de Beek: 50 mil
Felix: 100 mil
Pepe: 70 mil
Jovic: 60 mil

The older back line of Manolas, Smalling and Toby, alongside Matic and Young, should give enough leadership for all the new young players.
I looked up Cillessen off the back of your pick. Didn’t realise he was 30 for one (not suggesting it’s an issue) and didn’t realise he’d played so little for Barca. Looks like he’s looking for a move anyway. If De Gea moves on I wouldn’t be against Cillessen personally, mainly because I have no idea who else we could get.

Fosu-Mens

I looked up Cillessen off the back of your pick. Didn’t realise he was 30 for one (not suggesting it’s an issue) and didn’t realise he’d played so little for Barca. Looks like he’s looking for a move anyway. If De Gea moves on I wouldn’t be against Cillessen personally, mainly because I have no idea who else we could get.
Nahhh, better to buy Butland from Stoke then.

fps

I don't mean to be rude, but do people on here honestly think, if he's on the market, Sancho will move to Man Utd? And if so, why United over other big clubs who are moving in the right direction and offer Champions League football?

reddevilz007

Yes, he's good at his feet, and I decided to go with a more technical team. All the tops European teams have a lot of technical players even for a GK. Cillesen would battle it out with Romero for a few years, the time it takes for Henderson to make the position his.

I decided to have De Gea sold because he still has value, and by going for a more overall technical team, we wouldn't need to rely so much on our GK to save us. It makes no sense to me that our most important player be our GK. We're the only team that puts a GK on a pedestal and pray that he's going to "win" us game after game. Look at all the top European teams. We always talk about how great their attack, their midfield or defense is.

Everyone is wanting Oblak. But with the price reported, that means we won't spend in all the other areas that need major overhauling.

Yes, it is a ruthless rebuilding, but that's the price to pay for incompetency. All pundits agree that we are a few years behind the top teams now... that's because we're too emotional and scared of big changes. We still live in the past, we still believe "Jones will be a club legend", we still believe in kick and run, and sitting deep and counter attack. We have to change our mindset, be proactive, not reactive.

reddevilz007

I don't mean to be rude, but do people on here honestly think, if he's on the market, Sancho will move to Man Utd? And if so, why United over other big clubs who are moving in the right direction and offer Champions League football?
Money talks :)

Fer

Which of our current players would you like to see in the 1st eleven next season?

Web of Bissaka

Which of our current players would you like to see in the 1st eleven next season?
That sounds like a nice thread :D if anyone want to create one.

First 11 regulars
Lindelof at CB
Dalot at RB
Shaw at LB
McTominay at CDM
Rashford at RW & ST

First 11 Squad players
Romero GK
Pereira at RW, LW & CM
Matic at LCM & LCDM (yeah he shouldn't play as solo CDM)
Fred at LCM & LCDM (yeap, better on the left-er side and never solo CDM)
Tuanzebe at CB & FBs
Greenwood at ST
Gomes at CAM & LW
Chong at LW & RW

That's it, and these three players depends if they're staying:
First 11 starters
De Gea GK
Herrera at CDM & CM
Pogba at RCM