Predict three players Newcastle will sign

cabbs1989

Property in the posh part(if there is one) of Newcastle is about to become a very solid investment.
There is, it’s called jesmain
Property in the posh part(if there is one) of Newcastle is about to become a very solid investment.
There is, it’s called jesmond, it’s where a lot of the footballers are based, I live here, from the south, girlfriend is a Geordie, although a sunderland fan!

Scottynaldinho

The thing to understand here is that they will not be able to make big money move outright. They'll have to cook the deals through dodgy sponsorships which will take atl least two to three years.

This ain't 2008 anymore.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Mbappe
Haaland
Pogba

Conte as Manager

While that sounds like a troll at first, I don't think it can be wriiten off as a possibility entirely. All these 3 players are expected to move next summer, and none of them would command an astronomical transfer fee. For the Saudis,this could be a once in a lifetime occassion to make the shock move of the centuries, establishing themselves as Day 1 topdogs, skipping the whole build-up phase sheninigans outright. After all, humble beginnings don't seem to be a bin Salman thingto begin with, and if he enters the stage, he'll surely won't want to play second fiddle to his puny little nieghbours.
I could totally see that happen:lol:
Unrealistic. They don’t offer CL football which certainly Mbappe and Haaland will want to be in the CL.
Realistically they will need to build up their level first so everyone can calm down

buchansleftleg

I'd also expect them to pay way over the odds for a large number of academy players from the big clubs.

The youngsters are less fussed about reputation and will be attracted by early offers of 100k a week.

They will sign some older established pros to steady the ship, but will try and hoover up younger talent like Chelsea did when they got the Russian money.

I think we can expect hostile bids for players like Hannibal that are on the cusp of first team football.

LazyGoal

Press are reporting (probably BS).
That they want
Lingard,
VDB,
Martial,
Bailly from us.

So for £125 million in January would you let them go?

I would

I think 30 for Lingard would be great although we won’t get that with his contract. 30 for VDB, 45 for martial and 20 for Bailly would be superb.
Just to get them of the books would be absolutly fantastic for us. Maybe we then can get a CDM and a alternative on the right back. We would be in much better condition.

Steve 007

Would be fantastic although with Pogba likely gone next year I still hope VDB will come good but it’s unlikely he’ll get enough game time.

meninred

They will go thorugh the same process as chelsea and man city did. Both were midtable teams prior. It will take them few years atleast before they can be a premiere league power house.
I hope they buy some of united players for good cash so that we can reinvest. Players like Henderson, Bailly, Lindelholf.Marial..lingaard..fred..could improve them as first step.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They will go thorugh the same process as chelsea and man city did. Both were midtable teams prior. It will take them few years atleast before they can be a premiere league power house.
I hope they buy some of united players for good cash so that we can reinvest. Players like Henderson, Bailly, Lindelholf.Marial..lingaard..fred..could improve them as first step.
Chelsea were far from a mid table club and had finished 4th the season before, qualifying for the CL in the process.

Their squad from around 1996 to the take over was also full of quality international players. Vialli, Zola, Gullit, Lampard, Haselbaink, Terry, Gallas etc

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Heard someone on the radio earlier saying it would be a real statement if they got Lacazette. :lol: Guy's scored what about 5 goals for Arsenal in last year and they'd drive him up there tomorrow. Would be like Man. City signing Roque Santa Cruz.

Newcastle will sign some duds as that's inevitable with any takeover. Key for them is they need to find 3-4 players who can be long term sure bets for them. Bit like Man. City who signed Zabaleta, Kompany and Nigel De Jong all in summer 2008 and they were all great servants for the club.

You obviously need to keep Saint-Maximn happy as he's a matchwinner and Calum Wilson can finish a chance so there's two you make sure you keep and build around. Lascelles is average CB but he's been there years and is captain so will offer leadership so you keep him sweet until you get to point 2-3 years later when you can sign better CBs than him.

Think that's the way to do it rather than just taking every single big club squad player that's available for loan or low fee in January.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Conte as new manager next week, and his next three signings will be

Martial
Lingard
Henderson

meninred

With the Saudi cow readly availble, we should pump it as soon as january 1.
Minimum acceptable price is double the regular

lingaard from 30 to 60
martial from 40 to 80
henderson from 30 to 60
bailly from 30 to 60
fred from 25 to 50

300 million right out of the bet

then they can also add tons of chelsea players like ziyech...hudson odoi..barkley...loftus cheek...etc

Dan600

I imagine they will try to strengthen the spine, with a GK and CB/CM, and then they look fairly weak at FB too. I think they may want to get a marquee forward in, but it won't be a Haaland/Mbappe, not in the first window at least. I like being different so I'll go for the first three without naming a forward (knowing Liverpool's luck they'll be offered £40M for Origi :wenger:). Anyway my three piss poor guesses are:

Schmeichel
Bissouma
Maitland-Niles

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Have you been playing too much sensible soccer by any chance?

golden_blunder

Staff
With the Saudi cow readly availble, we should pump it as soon as january 1.
Minimum acceptable price is double the regular

lingaard from 30 to 60
martial from 40 to 80
henderson from 30 to 60
bailly from 30 to 60
fred from 25 to 50

300 million right out of the bet

then they can also add tons of chelsea players like ziyech...hudson odoi..barkley...loftus cheek...etc
Keep taking the tablets, they’re not working yet

golden_blunder

Staff
I feel GK is a big weakness. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a bid for Henderson

CM they are also weak squad wise.

CF they need a new goals scorer as Wilson is never fit

so my 3 punts are;

henderson
Ox
Vlahović

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Luis Diaz is 99,99% a certain transfer. TBH, don't know why all the hype, but the truth is this guy is considered one of the hottest market assets nowadays.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Luis Diaz is 99,99% a certain transfer. TBH, don't know why all the hype, but the truth is this guy is considered one of the hottest market assets nowadays.
How is he a certain transfer? The amount of agents who will want to do business with them is one thing, but if it's true Rangnick will be hired by them doubtfull certain agents like Mendes or Raiola will be around them, that's only a guess.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They like our players so much? Let’s rip them off!
Don't want to spoil the party here but that sounds more a desire of some United fans who somehow don't like that much those players.