Predict three players Newcastle will sign

Cloud7

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ibra rock up there for a year....to sort of give them some personality and someone to attract some headlines

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They'll get a big player or two in the Summer as statement signings. However, in January I could see something like:

Coutinho
Barkley
Zaha

Those players are ones that either want to leave or their clubs want them gone and they would improve NUFC.

OmarUnited4ever

i think they might be able to tempt players who are out of contract in 2022, of course not Mbappe or Pogba, but if there is any good player (e.g Kessie) who's contract is up they bring them in on big wages

Ankush Sodha

1. Martial (please)
2. Azpilicueta (Chelsea have a habit of selling stars before they decline and for good money)
3. Dembele

peridigm

If Conte becomes manager it will be Martial, Matic, and Bailly in January followed by Henderson, Pogba, and Mata next summer.

All joking aside, I could see them going for Martial in January and one of DDG or Henderson next summer.

SamVimes

Whatever about players, I think the first signing will be a new Manager.

Giggsy13

They’ll pluck off good players off of the mid table teams first. Neves, Bissouma and Zaha. There will be a lot of misses at first like city’s oil project. I also think it will be much harder for them to build a competitive team as quickly as city. The premier league overall is a lot richer, so more clubs can hold on to their best players. The transfer fee inflation over the years will also make it difficult. They still at the end of the day have to abide by FFP, and there would you think, be more scrutiny of their sponsorship activities.

Castia

A lot of people putting Pogba he’s not going there.

Martial
Zaha
Aarons

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Depends on the manager. If they get someone like Lampard, all attacking players. Most other managers, build a strong defense first.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why would half these players even want to go to Newcastle?
Taking FFP into account they can spend 200m over 3 years so most of these players are a no go unless they figure out how to increase their money into the club to make sure FFP is ok
Staveley had an interview with Sky Sports News and though she said it'd take time for them to become a top side, she mentioned about reviewing the commercial side of things. Within three years of the 2008 takeover, Manchester City increased their commercial revenue from €21.1M to €138.5M and now it is at the point where their commercial revenue isn't that much lower than ours. The PIF have their fingers in many pies and I expect their commercial revenue will artificially go up at a similar, probably faster rate to what City's did.

Newcastle United's wage bill is one of the lowest in the league so initially they'll probably lean on signing soon-to-be free agents on a high wage rather than paying large transfer fees. Likes of Coutinho etc would be too expensive.

GBBQ

From a United perspective surely a cut price Jessie Lingard, Martial or VDB will be enticing to Newcastle with the added message of 'we mean business' by buying a United player.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
From a United perspective surely a cut price Jessie Lingard, Martial or VDB will be enticing to Newcastle with the added message of 'we mean business' by buying a United player.
The Newcastle fans will be back on the streets protesting if any of that lot are their "statement of intent" signings.