Preferred back up CB?

Korwas

I assume that the club sees Maguire as our 3rd CB, but I would like to see who people here think should be our first CB in from the bench. Personally I think it's close between Lindelof and Maguire, but maybe people here have someone else in mind.

Skills

Snitch
Maguire LCB, Lindelof RCB. Lindelof has never looked comfortable on the left

Bwuk

Honestly it should be Lindelof. Maguire just makes everyone panic.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Eric Bailly was the best we had, injuries notwithstanding. Maguire and Lindelof are just not good enough for the game we are trying to play. And never will be. Too bad we loaned Bailly out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lindelof for passing and closing out games of the ones here. And he's a fair few years younger, so has a higher ceiling.

Maguire just doesn't belong in that team and it was obvious today.

I'd take Bailly ahead of both Maguire and Lindelof though

m1tch

Depends on the circumstances.

If it's the LCB coming off then you'd go with Maguire even though Lindelof is probably the better player these days.

And if you're expecting a late aerial onslaught then you'd be bringing on Maguire too.

Let's see how the pair do in their next opportunities to start (potentially on Thursday).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maguire is a better centre back than Lindelof if you're sitting deep and happy to get teams stationed at the edge of your box whilst you look to launch a counter attack. But they football we're trying to cultivate would be a lot more conducive to Lindelof, and Tuanzebe for that matter too.

Will be very interesting to see how the two of them play in an ETH team on Thursday.

Varane around town

Depends on the situation.

If we're digging in at the end of a game and you need someone to keep heading it out then Maguire is your guy. If Varane or Martinez are out and we need someone to come into the team then Lindelof is the better option there.

Lee565

Considering how ten hag is trying to get us to Play maybe try and convert shaw into a left sided centre back as he probably can replicate what martinez brings to the team more so than either lindelof or Maguire if martinez was to get injured and I have confidence that ten hag can coach shaw to be organised in such a position.

AkaAkuma

The discussion should probably be on viable alternatives in the market and what kind of profile.

Id focus on character, their determination when called on to play but also to support the 1st team when not.