Premature predictions

DVG7

Can we please eradicate these on the forum and preferably just in general real life? Comments like;

“Game over” after any team goes 2-0 up

“the leagues won” in Mid December

“That’s top four gone” most of the season after a disappointing result.

You really would think that in a country which has delivered some of the most shocking twists and turns in the history of the game, the fans would be a little more understanding of just how quickly things can change. A large portion of this forum thought united could never challenge for top 4, now with a win tomorrow the gap is 2 points. The pessimism and the degree of smugness attached to some of the comments is just unnecessary.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
That’s ‘thread of the month’ gone. Game over, it’s won.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
“Liverpool are going to drop points soon.”

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s annoying. They are almost always negative too. Both on and off the pitch. ‘No chance he wants to join us’ etc. Almost every single game in the Match Day thread it starts with ‘can’t see how we win this’. Just feck off.

Rafaeldagold

Just because Chelsea aren’t playing well right now, doesn’t mean Ole is right for the job still. Points gap is closing yes but we gave ourselves so much to do we have to perform & get results to a high level to keep pace now

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Worst thing is with writing off young players and then coming up with top 4 race is over. There is a reason why clubs are in race for top 4 and not title.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just because Chelsea aren’t playing well right now, doesn’t mean Ole is right for the job still. Points gap is closing yes but we gave ourselves so much to do we have to perform & get results to a high level to keep pace now
Where has Ole been mentioned in this thread?? People like you are just weird, bringing up your own personal crusade in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Rafaeldagold

Where has Ole been mentioned in this thread?? People like you are just weird, bringing up your own personal crusade in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
Says it right in the top:

A large portion of this forum thought united could never challenge for top 4, now with a win tomorrow the gap is 2 points. The pessimism and the degree of smugness attached to some of the comments is just unnecessary.

King7Eric

Says it right in the top:

A large portion of this forum thought united could never challenge for top 4, now with a win tomorrow the gap is 2 points. The pessimism and the degree of smugness attached to some of the comments is just unnecessary.
Pretty sure the OP is using this as an example and not made this thread to debate the merits of Ole as our manager. I think everybody on the caf knows you are anti-Ole, there's no need to bring it up in every thread, especially ones that aren't designed for it. Pretty sure there are already multiple Ole threads for you to complain.

Rafaeldagold

Pretty sure the OP is using this as an example and not made this thread to debate the merits of Ole as our manager. I think everybody on the caf knows you are anti-Ole, there's no need to bring it up in every thread, especially ones that aren't designed for it. Pretty sure there are already multiple Ole threads for you to complain.
The OP specifically used the example of us ‘potentially’ being only 2 points behind top 4 in defending Ole & illustrating his point so of course am allowed to respond to that.
It’s not that I’m ‘anti-Ole’ by the way. I’m happy for him when we win, I just think we can do better as a club that’s all

King7Eric

The OP specifically used the example of us ‘potentially’ being only 2 points behind top 4 in defending Ole & illustrating his point so of course am allowed to respond to that.
It’s not that I’m ‘anti-Ole’ by the way. I’m happy for him when we win, I just think we can do better as a club that’s all
It's an online forum so everyone is free to respond to whatever they wish. But it would be better if not every thread was sullied by your "we can do better" rhetoric.

Judas

Open to offers
It's just reactive remarks in the heat of the moment, its pretty normal stuff. Football is an emotional game for most of us, so with that comes emotional responses that aren't always the most logical. Do people actual want this site to be the land of logical dull robots all of the time?

Rafaeldagold

It's an online forum so everyone is free to respond to whatever they wish. But it would be better if not every thread was sullied by your "we can do better" rhetoric.
Well then very simple if OP doesn’t put that bit about Top 4 in there there’s nothing to respond to. I’m happy to debate anything & if it’s mentioned I assume it’s there to be debated

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Me in 2014 about Jeremie Boga...

I was gonna start a thread on this kid to put it out there that he'll be the first great player our youth setup has produced since Terry.

Not this season (he's only 17 so probably won't even go on loan anywhere) but within 4 years he'll be one of the most exiting players in Europe, both for Chelsea and France.

He scored this goal for us yesterday...

And another Youtube vid with the expected terrible music...

Boga.
You could probably find about 100s of similar posts from me about loads of different Chelsea kids over the years so I should probably stop.

Having said that, Tino Anjorin will be the one, he'll play for England.