Newcastle United
Sheffield United
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Brentford/Fulham/Cardiff City/Swansea City

What a selection of teams. Shame Nottingham Forest couldn't hang on to their playoff place as I'd like to have seen them back.

How do you see it going?

Bobski

Chelsea could take a little while to gel with numerous players coming in but they should be strong.
Liverpool I expect another big push from, COVID-19 has probably made it a little anticlimactic for them so they will be hungry to win it again.
Not sure about City, still a very talented squad but they need to work on their defensive structure, 9 losses for that group is huge.
Utd are slowly getting there, but still look 3-4 players short of a challenge, should be a solid top 4 team next season as a bare minimum.

Interested to see what Leeds bring, looking forward to the renewal of that rivalry, the lague could really do with strong Leeds and Newcastle teams.

RyRy11

Depending on who we bring in, top 4 is still the requirement. Bring in 3/4 quality players then I don’t see why we couldn’t challenge.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
City champions by a canter, Liverpool comfortable 2nd and Chelsea and United completing the top 4. Arsenal and Spurs 5th and 6th. The rest are much of a muchness.

Hopefully Burnley go down.

peridigm

What's the status of the Newcastle take over? Can't imagine it's going to happen in time for them to spend big.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The gap between City and Liverpool will be smaller and I expect whoever gets third to be closer to 2nd. Arsenal will finish above Spurs. Sheffield United will finish in the bottom half and Leicester won't manage 5th. Burnley will struggle.

That's my hot take.

diarm

With 3 decent signings and Henderson back instead of De Gea, I reckon we can pick up 15 points on this season. If they can sort out their defence I fancy City to be a little better than this year while Liverpool will struggle a bit as reigning champions. Could see both of those finishing in the high 80 points region so we'll still be a little ways off.

Wolves could be dangerous next year if Arsenal win the cup and they don't have European football to worry about. Chelsea will be strong with the signings they're making and both Arsenal and Spurs will be better than this year, if not much of a worry to the top 4.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think we can retain it if we bring in Thiago and a CB, but I’m expecting a big push from City.

Not really sure on United and Chelsea, but both should end up in the top four again. United are starting to look a bit tired so we’ll see how a short break impacts them. Chelsea need a CB and a GK.

Arsenal in the top six and Leicester to fall away a bit. No idea on relegation.

el3mel

City will win it no doubt for me.

Liverpool overachieved this season. They''ll still finish second I believe, but they're not getting this number of points again.
Chelsea and United are good enough for 3rd and 4th. Think we'll be close 3rd this time.
Spurs are going to improve a lot under Mourinho but they're not going to make big signings anyway. The target will be to win EL for them I guess.
Arsenal are Arsenal.

My prediction :

City
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Spurs
Wolves
Arsenal

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Having Leeds back is massive for the league. Don’t be surprised if they do very well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think it will be same top 4 again. City could edge it maybe but Liverpool having August totally off is huge for the. I think they will retain. They can rest up.

We need to aim for 80pts plus.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
City and Liverpool will be comfortable top two again.

Chelsea and United should aim to close the gap and probably will but both teams have too much to do in one season.

Pagh Wraith

City are and will be miles ahead of anyone else. That's a safe prediction. For everything else we need to see what personell will be brought in.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Liverpool are going to win it again if they spend the money well.
Going to need 1-2 more attackers for them and backup fullback.
City got an ageing squad, but should have more depth if they buy 3-4 players.
They need CM,Winger and a CB mostly to challenge.
Then for us we need 4-5 players to challenge with our poor attacking depth. If we use Smalling and Sanchez then it might only be 2 players needed.

I think Chelsea might fall out of top 4 even with the players they have bought.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Obviously I want us to win and retain the title, but if this 5 subs rule applies next season then I can't see anybody but City winning it. It benefits us and Chelsea, United.. but no more massively than them. They whoop too many teams at home as it is, Norwich 5-0 today for example, everyone's a goal scorer and they can bring on anyone to score off from the bench anytime. They'll sort out the defence too.

United58

What's the status of the Newcastle take over? Can't imagine it's going to happen in time for them to spend big.
Window's open until October I think, though these takeovers can take ages (although wasn't City very quick?)

Nickelodeon

Without fans in the stadium, City are able to assert their technical dominance over most teams. I expect them to win the next season. They might lose a game or two against the big teams, but they would regularly blow away mid table and below teams where other teams might drop points.

As much I wish for a title challenge from our end, we are a pretty one-dimensional team with barely enough players to make a challenge worthy eleven and a tactical system where the Plan B is ‘hoping we don’t concede’. Hopefully, we are able to develop some squad depth as well as some tactical nous.

el3mel

Without fans in the stadium, City are able to assert their technical dominance over most teams. I expect them to win the next season. They might lose a game or two against the big teams, but they would regularly blow away mid table and below teams where other teams might drop points.

As much I wish for a title challenge from our end, we are a pretty one-dimensional team with barely enough players to make a challenge worthy eleven and a tactical system where the Plan B is ‘hoping we don’t concede’. Hopefully, we are able to develop some squad depth as well as some tactical nous.
They won the league twice in a row with 100 and 98 points with fans in the stadium. Weird point ?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most of the season BCD or with severly reduced capacities just feels a bit cold to me. Doing it this season was only a small portion and was a case of needs must.

I know there's no alternative given the world situation as it is but think I'll find it difficult to get into.

Leeds will certainly add to the league and I really liked how Southampton ended this one so they could really push on next season towards top 8.

Nickelodeon

They won the league twice in a row with 100 and 98 points with fans in the stadium. Weird point ?
Not saying that they can’t do it without fans. But without them, especially in games against smaller teams, they were regularly scoring 5 or 6. Not many teams can do that.

Not having fans is actually advantageous to them more than anyone because it reduces the emotional or mental element, which they’re relatively weaker at, and enhances the quality element where they are comfortably the best in the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think City will walk the league next year personally.
They need some big signings though.

A centre back, a Silva replacement and another forward without any doubt at all.
Foden will continue to develop, but he's not going to give even this year's Silva's input straight away.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I just said in the Lampard thread that we should be aiming for 2nd-3rd next year, but I’ll say we’ll win it here just to cover all my bases!

LVGSdive

I'll wait for the transfer window to close to give my predictions.

el3mel

Not saying that they can’t do it without fans. But without them, especially in games against smaller teams, they were regularly scoring 5 or 6. Not many teams can do that.

Not having fans is actually advantageous to them more than anyone because it reduces the emotional or mental element, which they’re relatively weaker at, and enhances the quality element where they are comfortably the best in the league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Results_summary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Results_summary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Results_summary

Comparing the 3 seasons overall I don't see any big difference in terms of big wins. I see a lot of 4s, 5s, 6s and even a 7 in their two league wins, similar to the current one, so fans isn't really a big issue for them imo.

They were just terribly inconsistent this season and lost too many games in a weird fashion.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lfc City top two, way ahead of the pack. Followed by Chelsea. Rest for fourth.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
With the campaign starting in 4 weeks now, have any clubs not in CL/EL right now announced any pre-season fixtures?

::sonny::

Top 10 After 38 games

Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Leicester City
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur
Everton
Leeds United

Nickosaur

Hmm, tough to call. Don't think Chelsea's defence is suddenly going to improve, despite their reinforcements. Between Liverpool and City. Think City probably have the edge.

TheLord

We all know the top three clubs. Only two meaningful questions remain: (A) Will it be City or Liverpool for the title? (B) Can United cling on to finish fourth?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Top 10 After 38 games

Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Leicester City
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur
Everton
Leeds United
As things stand, I’d go with:

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Manchester United
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers
8. Leeds
9. Everton
10. Leicester City

Great news about the 3pm bullshit being suspended again.

Paul_Scholes18

top 6 should be
1 City (with Messi sadly)
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Man United
5 Spurs
6 Arsenal

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just said in the Lampard thread that we should be aiming for 2nd-3rd next year, but I’ll say we’ll win it here just to cover all my bases!
You think Chelsea will win the league?!