Premier League 20 Seasons Fantasy Tournament

Polaroid

All players with at least 100 Premier League appearances (from 1992/1993 to 2011/2012, not including this season) are available for drafting. For the purpose of this competition, these players are judged based on their performance in the Premier League (from 1992/1993 to 2011/2012, not including this season). Each manager gets to pick 12 players to form a squad (11 starters and 1 substitute).

Managerial openings for 8 teams (solo or joint managerial applications are welcome)
Would anybody be interested?

Competition format is 2 groups of 4, top 2 in each group advance to the semi-finals. Post-group stage, there will be a secondary round of drafting, where each of the semi-finalists add 4 more players to their squads from a common pool of players drawn from the eliminated teams (the drafting order of the remaining 4 teams will be reversed from that of the primary draft). There will not be further player additions after that.

Draft setup
* There are 12 rounds of drafting in the primary draft
* Drafting sequence
Round 1,4,5,8,9,12 - starts with Team 1 and ends with Team 8
Round 2,3,6,7,10,11 - starts with Team 8 and ends with Team 1
* You have 12 hours to post your draft pick. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
* Your draft pick is valid only after you have updated the overall list of picks. You are encouraged to post a picture of the player and elaborate on why you picked this player.
* PM the manager next in line after you have made your pick
* After the draft is complete, match threads will be started where each manager posts their match team, tactics and any persuasive arguments why their team has an upper hand over the opposition etc. Polls will then be added to kick off the matches.

Polaroid

Polaroid
Jonno
Cutch

5 teams left
As there are not many openings, co-managerial applications are welcome

narnar

Needs Help
Actually, got a match in the morning. Didn't realise it was 5 minutes between matches, I'm out.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Im in !

Edit: actually I just read the rules, 5 mins to pick and 2 days window does not work for me so I'll leave my spot for someone who has the time to spare.

OB

Can we have teams of two. I'd like to be in a team of two. (:

Also Jake was going to do a draft he said, don't know what happened.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Sorry Pol, there's been too many drafts recently clogging up the forums so unless you want to keep the whole tournament restricted to the Fantasy forum then we'll have to put a hold on this one.

Brwned

This would be the fourth one this year - one every 3 months isn't so bad but it's still a lot. And it's the fact it'd be two in the space of 1 month. Two in the space of a month and a PL fantasy draft's already been done before, it's a bit much I think. It's a football forum not a games forum.

Polaroid

Sorry Pol, there's been too many drafts recently clogging up the forums so unless you want to keep the whole tournament restricted to the Fantasy forum then we'll have to put a hold on this one.
Understood
However, since this thread is already created and the drafting should be over in 2 days, is it fine if we pick the players in this thread first and leave the matches till October?

Polaroid
Jonno
Cutch
Gio
Jayvin
Theon
Omardalvi and ?

Polaroid

Aborting the drafting window and reverting to the usual format - 12 hours for each manager to make his pick(s)

Will kick off the drafting once the managerial list is confirmed

Polaroid
Jonno
Cutch
Gio
Jayvin
Theon
Omardalvi

7 teams so far and Omardalvi is looking for a co-manager
There is 1 vacancy left if we are playing 8 teams but if Narnar, Mighty Boosh and Rood want back in as solo managers, I can expand it to 10 teams

Matches will only start in October though

Polaroid

8 teams now, we will wait another 2 hours for Narnar and MightyBoosh, if they want in, then we will expand to 10 teams. If not, we will use random.org to come up with the draft order and kick off the drafting

Brwned

Can I move this thread to the fantasy forum and you make the picks in there?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
i think you need to avoid the group thing - ends up with far too many matches and people get quickly bored of that, just go straight knock out

Polaroid

Can I move this thread to the fantasy forum and you make the picks in there?
If you deem it necessary, then please proceed
For the matches in October, I presume we can post them in the football forum?

i think you need to avoid the group thing - ends up with far too many matches and people get quickly bored of that, just go straight knock out
I am fine either way (group first or direct KO), what do the others think?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
there you go polaroid

Gio
Omardalvi
Polaroid
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

Polaroid

there you go polaroid

Gio
Omardalvi
Polaroid
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno
Thank you Nani Nana

Round 1 of drafting starts with Gio
I have PMed him
The 12 hours window starts when Gio makes his pick

A reminder of the key points re the draft

* There are 12 rounds of drafting in the primary draft
* Drafting sequence
Round 1,4,5,8,9,12 - starts with Gio and ends with Jonno
Round 2,3,6,7,10,11 - starts with Jonno and ends with Gio
* You have 12 hours to post your draft pick. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
* Your draft pick is valid only after you have updated the overall list of picks.
* PM the manager next in line after you have made your pick

OB

Ive got my assistant manager, AldoRaine18 deom the newbs.
Will this start today?

Edit - just saw 12 hour window, better

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
On my phone Polaroid. With 12-hour windows we have to be pragmatic about access to the caf.

Gio - 1. RONALDO
Omardalvi
Polaroid
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

OB

I pick, one of the best in his positions, still going strong, Paul Scholes.

Gio - Ronaldo
Omardalvi - Scholes
Polaroid
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

Polaroid

On my phone Polaroid. With 12-hour windows we have to be pragmatic about access to the caf.

Gio - 1. RONALDO
Omardalvi
Polaroid
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno
Thanks Gio, player photo is not necessary. An updated overall list makes things easier for everyone

Sorry if i'm askin a silly question but are we picking players based on their ability at their prime, or instead on their overall premiership performance/achievements?
Not a silly question at all, it helps everybody to have a common understanding
Playing performance in the Premier League over a sustained period of time (at least 100 appearances which covers 3 years or more) - performance that has influence and impact on his team and the Premier League, including but not limited to those that lead to individual and team achievements. I hope that is sufficient, however if further clarification is needed, please let me know

Polaroid

My pick

Gio - 1. Ronaldo
Omardalvi - 1. Scholes
Polaroid 1. Thierry Henry
Rood
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Looks great Polaroid, cheers for setting it up. Good idea to get rid of the 5 minute window, this is much better.

Also, I'd stick with groups rather than straight knockout. Interest waned in the 50s draft, but I think that was due to posters not knowing the players, whereas here I'd expect far more activity from voters as they are familiar with all the players.

Polaroid

Looks great Polaroid, cheers for setting it up. Good idea to get rid of the 5 minute window, this is much better.

Also, I'd stick with groups rather than straight knockout. Interest waned in the 50s draft, but I think that was due to posters not knowing the players, whereas here I'd expect far more activity from voters as they are familiar with all the players.
Thanks Theon

One vote each for KO (Rood) and group (Theon). What do the rest think?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Not a silly question at all, it helps everybody to have a common understanding
Playing performance in the Premier League over a sustained period of time (at least 100 appearances which covers 3 years or more) - performance that has influence and impact on his team and the Premier League, including but not limited to those that lead to individual and team achievements. I hope that is sufficient, however if further clarification is needed, please let me know
Much clearer thanks.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
King Eric !

Gio - 1. Ronaldo
Omardalvi - 1. Scholes
Rood 1. Cantona
Theon
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
First name on any teamsheet and the most influential midfielder of the last 20 years - Roy Keane. Also my captain.

Gio - 1. Ronaldo
Omardalvi - 1. Scholes
Rood 1. Cantona
Theon 1. Roy Keane
Cutch
Jayvin
Jonno

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
An all action inspirational heartbeat of our bitter rivals for the last dozen or so years. 406 premiership appearances and 89 goals. Can change a game in an instant or drag a team to victory. Can also play just about anywhere.

One of the most complete players of his generation.

Steven Gerrard

Gio - 1. Ronaldo
Omardalvi - 1. Scholes
Rood 1. Cantona
Theon 1. Roy Keane
Cutch 1. Steven Gerrard
Jayvin
Jonno