Premier League All Time Nationality Cup

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Surely Ricardo Pereira has to be ahead of Bosingwa?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
England:
-----------------------Greaves------------------------
Finney------------Charlton-----------Matthews
--------------Robson----------Edwards----------
Cole-------Moore------------Terry-----Armfield
-------------------------Banks--------------------------
Subs: Shilton, Ferdinand, Wilson, Scholes, Barnes, Keegan, Lineker
Premier League.

Chipper

Adulterer.
No Croatian goalies or that might've been ok. With Kovocic, Modric, Bilic, Boksic and Suker it wouldn't be the worst team in the world even if you might have to put Lovren in there.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The Spanish look the weakest out of the big teams.
Goes to show it's probably the only country where there top players stick to playing in their own country. (Barca and Real)
The weakest ? :eek: Xabi Alonso behind Fabregas & Silva assisting Diego Costa and Liverpool's Torres would be pretty insane to watch.
France would have a good fight against the Dutch but would win it, too much talent upfront and a Makélélé-Vieira-Kante midfield cannot be broken :lol:

Josh 76

The weakest ? :eek: Xabi Alonso behind Fabregas & Silva assisting Diego Costa and Liverpool's Torres would be pretty insane to watch.
France would have a good fight against the Dutch but would win it, too much talent upfront and a Makélélé-Vieira-Kante midfield cannot be broken :lol:
Yeah maybe not that weak. I was going on this would probably be the Spanish B team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Juninho Paulista should be in the line-up somehow.
Absolutely, but I wasn’t about to do it again! He’d replace Robin based on PL contribution, although Robin did have some moments at City to be fair. But Juninho was one of my favourite ever PL players.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Subs: K. Schmeichel, J. Laursen, Rieper, Tofting, Molby, Gronkjaer, Tomasson

Molby a bit unlucky there, but with not many full back options at all I've put Gravesen and Poulsen in there to protect a back 3. Eriksen is automatic, as is Laudrup as one of his country's best ever players, and with Laudrup being prone to be a bit lazy at times I couldn't really put another in the side like Molby.

Poulsen did nothing in England and it was either him or Tofting, went with Poulsen's better overall rep. Suppose I could have gone John Jensen too, but I don't remember him as being very good at Arsenal.

Tomasson another who didn't do it England but this time he doesn't get in, at least Bendtner scored a few goals although not that many.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Absolutely, but I wasn’t about to do it again! He’d replace Robin based on PL contribution, although Robin did have some moments at City to be fair. But Juninho was one of my favourite ever PL players.
Gilberto Silva over Fred, or would you see him as Fernandinho's competition?

Could possibly disregard actual PL performances too and find a space for peak Pato although that would be a bit sneaky.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Gilberto Silva over Fred, or would you see him as Fernandinho's competition?

Could possibly disregard actual PL performances too and find a space for peak Pato although that would be a bit sneaky.
Yea, in my midfield trios I like one DM, one AM and one in between. I think Fernandinho and Gilberto were too similar. I did consider Edu ahead of Fred though, and even Anderson and Paulinho entered my thinking for this role.

And yea, Pato not for me, his PL level was too low for me to even justify. That he played in the PL at all is likely to be a thing of trivia in the future, he made no impact at all.

That Dutch team is scary. I think England would do better than expected (with Rooney and Shearer) assuming Lampard was benched.

diarm

Should probably have Daley Blind ahead of Gio to balance the defence off more too.
I was thinking that. Or you could put Van Dijk over on the left of the 3 and replace Gio with Melchiot. I prefer Van Bronckhorst though and that side is the epitomy of my "you score 3, we'll score 17 philosophy".

diarm

How do people think Ireland would get on?

Obviously we'll struggle against France and Holland, but I reckon we give anyone else a game. England and Spain will probably edge things too but I'd fancy us against Italy, Portugal or Belgium.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Now do the post 92 one Gio.
Not as shite as I thought. Although we’d need another 11 physios to get big Dunc, Craig Gordon and Alan Hutton fit at the same time.

Ferguson
Collins - McCallister - McFadden
Ferguson - Fletcher
Robertson - Hendry - Weir - Hutton
Gordon​

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I was thinking that. Or you could put Van Dijk over on the left of the 3 and replace Gio with Melchiot. I prefer Van Bronckhorst though and that side is the epitomy of my "you score 3, we'll score 17 philosophy".
For extra gung-ho points, you could also drop Gullit into the sweeper role he cameod in occasionally for Chelsea. Leaves you with a gaping hole in midfield, unless you brought in Davids on a one-man mission.

edcunited1878

That Dutch team...whoa. fecking loaded. Shore up the midfield a bit during some matches, but good luck stopping them from scoring or getting the ball.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Moutinho gets in that Portugal team ahead of Mendes, Ricardo Pereira ahead of Bosingwa, and Diogo Jota ahead of Boa Morte. Deco would also feel worthy of a place in there somewhere, and it would be hard to leave Bebe out too.

diarm

I think Moutinho gets in that Portugal team ahead of Mendes, Ricardo Pereira ahead of Bosingwa, and Diogo Jota ahead of Boa Morte. Deco would also feel worthy of a place in there somewhere, and it would be hard to leave Bebe out too.
All fair calls. Portugal was the last one I did and it's fair to say I was running out of steam.

Art Vandelay

How do people think Ireland would get on?

Obviously we'll struggle against France and Holland, but I reckon we give anyone else a game. England and Spain will probably edge things too but I'd fancy us against Italy, Portugal or Belgium.
That team would give any of them a game. Might just lose out on attacking quality, but they would bloody a few noses.

When was Dino Baggio in the PL? I don't remember him at all here. I'd possibly go all out attack and swap him for Benito Carbone. Maybe Festa for Amoruso too, possibly.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
No Croatian goalies or that might've been ok. With Kovocic, Modric, Bilic, Boksic and Suker it wouldn't be the worst team in the world even if you might have to put Lovren in there.
We can do without Lovren :D

Pletikosa as a goalie (was on loan at Tottenham but didn't play but since we don't have any other choice he's in). 3 in defence: Bilić-Štimac-Ćorluka. 4 in the middle: Kranjčar-Kovačić-Modrić-Stanić. 3 in attack: Da Silva-Šuker-Bokšić. Honorable mentions: Lovren, Bišćan, Asanović, Petrić, Klasnić

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I actually can't remember Gough in England and assumed you would have Colin Hendry in there.
Well yeah in the spirit of the thread there's a few options for the slot who had longer spells in England - Buchan, Burns as well as Hendry who was as good as anyone in the early to mid 1990s.
Still I'd maintain Gough hit the highest peak of all them when at Spurs. He made the all-time team-mate XIs of Hoddle and Mabbutt based solely on that year in England.

Glen Hoddle said:
Fabulous player. Could leap so high, read the game so well, was quick, could come out on the ball and he could pass it. He was a threat at set-plays going forward and he could score goals.
Gary Mabbutt said:
We only played together for a year but we struck up a great relationship on and off the pitch. I was disappointed that we only had a year together.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That Dutch side is an absolute beast. It would definitely marauder it’s way to the runner up spot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That Dutch side is an absolute beast. It would definitely marauder it’s way to the runner up spot.
Especially with Wesley Sneijder to come off the bench.

MrBrightside1989

Not as shite as I thought. Although we’d need another 11 physios to get big Dunc, Craig Gordon and Alan Hutton fit at the same time.

Ferguson
Collins - McCallister - McFadden
Ferguson - Fletcher
Robertson - Hendry - Weir - Hutton
Gordon​
Pretty much agree with this
Neil Sullivan, Christian Dailly, Don Hutchison and Kevin Gallacher may be contenders here too.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

For Argentina. A lot of PL flops coming out of there. I guess I could have added Crespo, Higuain, Lamela, Lanzini and Caballero as well, but most of them sucked arse in the PL so it's hard to choose.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Coloccini. Probably put him in ahead of Demichelis.
Crespo is a bit of a funny one. Everyone says he flopped but when you actually look at his stats for his time at Chelsea (he only played two seasons) he did pretty well as he had 73 appearances and 25 goals but of those 73 appearances he was either subbed off or subbed on as in his second season with them he was rotated with Drogba. Further, in his first season with Chelsea his wife had a miscarriage and his place got burgled.

He also scored some absolute belters for them;

I think he gets written off too much as in his five seasons as a Chelsea player he was loaned out for 3 of them but a lot of it was to do with him not settling and not because he was poor.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ghana

Kingson
Paintsil
Mensah
Amartey
Schlupp
Essien
Boateng
Muntari
Gyan
Ayew
Yeboah

Let down by defence, but would be a handful with midfield and attack at their peak.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Czech Republic

Cech
Repka
Kovac
Kalas
Grygera
Poborsky
Smicer
Jarošík
Rosický
Berger
Baroš

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Funny how Belgiums is pretty much their starting eleven in real life - well like a a year or two ago perhaps.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Ramires in for Fred.
Deco in for Neves or Mendes.