Premier League Festive Season

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The attacker should get the benefit of the doubt under these circumstances so how can VAR possibly rule the goal out.

Outrageous decision.
On this, we agree. I don’t understand how they’re doing the lines as well. Doesn’t seem like there’s a consistent science to it.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
In the interest of balance, without VAR it’d currently be 1-0 to Wolves which wouldn’t be right either.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Can’t be offside with your hand since you can’t score with it. It’s why they use armpits for their checks - the Norwich one was absolutely disgraceful yesterday.
I know, that’s why it’s so odd to me that the hand is the only thing that’s over the line

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
VAR is being used abhorrently in the PL, however there is no favouritism that’s just conspiracy nonsense. It’s just a consistently shit implementation, however we asked for consistency and they definitely gave it to us! These types of decisions have happened every day week this season in the league.

Darth Revan

If I was Nuno I'd genuinely forfeit the game and call the players off. Take the L. We need some kind of mass protest against this bullshit officiating.
I dont recall you saying something like that when pukki scored yestreday, only for being overturned.

Luckypool...

Ridiculous how many decisions they get. Palace, Leicester (at home) Villa and now this, complete joke
What happened against Villa?

DVG7

For VAR and offside they need to have a rule where calls like that benefit the attacker.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Still can't believe that was chalked off. It doesn't have to be this poorly implemented. Ruining the spirit of the game.

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
Also I love how convenient the fact that we would have just had a clearly legitimate goal disallowed if it wasn't for VAR is being ignored.

Bulldog United

I'm actually surprised Sourness is unhappy that the joy is being sucked out of football. This should be right up his street.

I'm completely fed up with it. There is no fun seeing a goal and then having to pray for two minutes to find out if some pillock in a broadcast studio in London can find a reason to disallow it.

90 + 5min

Not first and not last time.

Liverpool have been best this year but this VAR helping Liverpool is beyond anything. They can draw whatever they want but question should be raised if something/somebody else is deciding what is goal and what is not goal. Cause if you frezze and go frame by frame you can with easy say Wolves goal were legit and that Lallana touched ball with upper arm. So question is. Is it something / somebody else deciding and for what purpose?

DickDastardly

But it got the decision right for Mane’s goal.

On offside calls like that they shouldn’t be using it at all imo. Give the benefit to the attacker.
To be fair, it got both decisions right.

But, without VAR, your goal would be dissalowed and the offside call wouldn't have even been checked.

So, you are definetly benefiting from VAR decisions.

But feck it, i've already made peace with you lot winning it this season.

Nickelodeon

They barely survived against us in the previous game. Think (hope) we are gonna put the game to bed soon this time around given their defense.
I love your confidence. But teams barely survive (or don't even do that) in the league and still roll us ever.

Traub

VAR is being used abhorrently in the PL, however there is no favouritism that’s just conspiracy nonsense. It’s just a consistently shit implementation, however we asked for consistency and they definitely gave it to us! These types of decisions have happened every day week this season in the league.
Ya it’s definitely consistently shite for everyone. It’s just ruining the game, I was pro VAR before this season but now I’ve turned against it. They need to sort it out ASAP

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Irrelevant because they don’t actually know when exactly the ball leaves the attacker’s foot.
That's the point, VAR cannot be 100% sure that the striker was in an offside position when the ball was played, thus they don't have the right to overturn the original decision.

The goal absolutely must stand under these circumstances. I'd be kicking up a storm if I was the Wolves manager.

DVG7

Seen a few angles now. VVD handball before his long pass, so all this perfectly legitimate goal crap should end. By letter of the law game should be 0-0

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
VAR is a positive on the whole for football, just not in this league, it needs drastic improvement not binning.