Premier League Festive Season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
His foot looked pretty clearly ahead of the Pool player’s foot. What are you lot talking about?

lordbaelish

Supports
Arsenal
This is just absolutely unreal now. Pretty much ALL VAR decisions have gone for Liverpool. It's becoming a joke to see how favored they are now, and it can't be denied that they are being favored.
That's what people feel when a team is unstoppable like they used to say about united back in the day

ARS

Lets just skip to the point where VAR is only used to overturn CLEAR AND OBVIOUS errors, not being 1mm offside

Nero

When are these VAR line drawing idiots going to realise that you can't pinpoint the exact millimetre of a player's anatomy to get an accurate reading down to the correct nanometer.

If these red and blue lines end up overlapping then it is quite clearly impossible to be certain of its accuracy and therefore shouldn't be used if it is that close.

Irrational.

If I was Nuno I'd genuinely forfeit the game and call the players off. Take the L. We need some kind of mass protest against this bullshit officiating.

starman

Luckypool...

Ridiculous how many decisions they get. Palace, Leicester (at home) City and now this, complete joke

Last edited:

Eirelfc84

Supports
Liverpool
That’s brutal, need to revise the offside for clear and obvious without having to zoom into millimeters !

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Would never have been disallowed if it was at the other end.
Yes it would. Goals are being chalked off due to millimeter offside decisions on a weekly basis.

It's shit, but consistent shit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You can't score with your hand so what does it matter if his hand is offside?

Josep Dowling

Can someone analyse how many favourable decisions Liverpool have got from VAR this season?

Against them is the Firmino offside against Villa. I’m they’ll argue the one with have but I stand by Origi went down like a sack of shit holding the wrong leg.

LaFuriaRoja

Supports
Liverpool Napoli Spain FCB ACM
Would never have been disallowed if it was at the other end.
Was it not done for Firmino against Villa and Mane against Watford. VAR has messed up for all, Blades had few tough calls like the toe offside. Offside is Offside, even if its is Mane's shoulder or Firmino's Armpit. So why is it not for a Johnny Toe.

Traub

Why? They make their own luck!
:lol:

Honestly how do you fix this shite? I actually can’t believe what I saw. Looked like the old days when you zoomed in on a picture in ms paint :lol:

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
liVARpool can only win a title when they have car officials in payroll. They have incredible decisions go their way.
We were the first ones to have an armpit offside goal ruled out and I'm pretty sure we've had another since then too. We love how opposition fans are in such shambolics over how good we are they're clutching at whatever straws and conspiracies they can. It's lovely.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When VAR check for offside they pretty much always disallow it. I think they start watching the replay thinking how they can justify ruling out the goal, rather than deciding if it should be a goal or not.

Irrational.

You simply cannot celebrate any goal now. No goal is safe until those wankers in that building have had a look at whether the player's ballsack was an electron offside.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You'd be losing this game 0-1 if it wasn't for VAR.

Yet, Here you are, winning...
But it got the decision right for Mane’s goal.

On offside calls like that they shouldn’t be using it at all imo. Give the benefit to the attacker.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I know it's worked in our favour there but Something really needs to be done for next year about these marginal offsides, maybe introduce a margain of error between frames of the player kicking the ball and have it on the defenders line to give the forward the benefit of the doubt.

For all the moaning here though both decisions have been 100% correct.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We were the first ones to have an armpit offside goal ruled out and I'm pretty sure we've had another since then too. We love how opposition fans are in such shambolics over how good we are they're clutching at whatever straws and conspiracies they can. It's lovely.
Think the point is that an advantage was gained with his shoulder, not an offside ruling. The offside decisions have been a travesty

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Still support Var but english refs have bastardized it and its use
This.

I honestly believe they are purposely implementing it poorly so they can remove it. It's absurd at this point. The spirit of the rules was not to dictate close calls and measure armpits. Farcical implementation.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool supporter, that was never a clear and obvoius error, should have been 1-1, and the problem isnt VAR, its the ref in VAR-room and then maybe also the offside rule.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
These offside checks are utter bullshit, It should be a goal. Same happened to us when Firmino scored against Brighton iirc.

kyofusho

His foot looked pretty clearly ahead of the Pool player’s foot. What are you lot talking about?
Jonny's foot is in line with the Liverpool defender's shoulder. The only poart of him that is millimetres offside is his hand, which he can't score with anyway. Look again.

Iceicebaby

Supports
Liverpool
Should never been disallowed. Needs to be more then a nanometer that requires a 1000x zoom to see to get called offside.

love the conspiracy theories though. Liverpool has had similar offside goals disallowed and that was never ever a handball on Lallana

binary bot
Why does nobody mention the margin of error when calling the point the ball leaves the passer's foot?

El Zoido

Yes it would. Goals are being chalked off due to millimeter offside decisions on a weekly basis.

It's shit, but consistent shit.
It’s not consistent, in another game that might have been given. You’re off your rocker if you think they’d have ruled that out, against Liverpool, at Anfield. VAR has done nothing but benefit Liverpool all season long so I would not complain if I were you. Enjoy it while it lasts.