Premier League Fixtures 16th - 23rd

Raredaredevil

I think what city are doing is actually very smart. They've realised they probably can't win the league while going gung-ho. They've focused more on their defensive game this season.
That should be the way. Championships are all won on defensive stability. We are probably the rare exception in our last title win under Sir Alex's swansong. I still think Liverpool will win the title but if they lose to us today and City wins, I'm going with City. Today's game for Liverpool is much more massively important for them as it could deal them a huge psychological blow if we beat them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Tottenham in zombie football mode? Not watching the game but seen their last shot was on the 8th minute.
They've been counter attacking no problem, just messing up final ball and Sheffield last ditch defending.

Sheff United actually looked o.k so while I don't expect them to get anything from this they can beat a few more bottom half teams before season is over I think. Getting to about 20 points can be their only target and don't think they've in 5 worst top flight teams in last 30 years then.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bit too much commentary chat about a "tactical masterclass" today.

It's Sheffield Utd for goodness sake.
5 points from 17 games?!

Hardly takes genius to be narrowly beating them 1-0 30 mins in.
Who's saying that out of interest? Spurs have 2 wins out of last 8 and have some tough fixtures in next 6 weeks so they can't do anything but not win today given likes of Leicester are continuing to win and build up their points total.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs only 3 points behind if it stays like this, Leicester a point behind. Far too early to be talking about titles for us. We could easily not even finish top 4 yet it's that tight.

Guy Incognito

I think what city are doing is actually very smart. They've realised they probably can't win the league while going gung-ho. They've focused more on their defensive game this season.
Yeah and given the unpredictability of the pandemic that's probably wise.

2-0 Spurs, that's game over surely.

PoTMS

Liverpool will be fourth by the time we play them. They could end up either first or fifth in a few hours. The lowest we could drop to is second with the flip side being we could be 6 points clear of second with a win.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool will be fourth by the time we play them. They could end up either first or fifth in a few hours. The lowest we could drop to is second with the flip side being we could be 6 points clear of second with a win.
6 clear of Liverpool.
Only 4 clear of Leicester in 2nd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What does Souness think Norwood should have done there exactly?

A bad touch gives the ball away, but Hojberg instantly plays it to Son 5 yards away, who then quickly plays it swiftly on, and barring some sort of running lunge, not sure Norwood could do anything once he's miscontrolled it.

willrowe99

Supports
Southampton
Hello,
I am a Student at Manchester Metropolitan University and for my final year undergraduate dissertation I am looking into the global nature of football and its impact upon football fans and fan cultures.
I am looking to survey Manchester United fans for this and would like to ask your help in getting respondents to my survey questions.

https://mmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/dissertation-survey-globalisation-and-football

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
*gets the popcorn out*

McGoldrick seems to have turned into a goal machine. Could hardly score last season but scored v Chelsea, Man. United and Spurs so far.

Expect to see Sissoko on for Bergwijn very soon.... :drool: