Premier League game week 5

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I feel we can beat chelsea when we meet them but gotta find a way to remain consistent against the others. Contrary to the others they don't impress me THAT much.
Not sure what makes you believe that we can beat Chelsea. I think they are gonna run over City next week and will clearly be favorites against us.

doomy20

Tuchel is 10/10 at the moment, easily the leagues best manager this year

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel is not a better tactician the Ole?

I’ve read it all now. Good god.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's almost as though Liverpool just don't exist in that post above. :lol: :lol:
It's almost as if you are a teeny weeny bit precious about your side. If someone doesn't mention Liverpool as the best team or Klopp as the best manager, you have come here and remind us :lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The greatest aspect of that game was making it seem like Son and Kane were not on the field during the second half.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Christensen and Rudiger are two of the best cbs in the league easily. Christensen is a confidence player which is his biggest flaw but in form I’d take him over 95% of the leagues cbs.

If he hasn’t learnt from his mistakes he will play without a striker against us like he always does. That man loves 4-6-0.
Christensen and Rudiger are good players but this defense is performing at an all time great level despite not really having the players for that kind of play imo. Even when there are subs coming in to replace the starters (like Kepa today) Chelsea remain very solid.

Lots of credit to Tuchel.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's almost as if you are a teeny weeny bit precious about your side. If someone doesn't mention Liverpool as the best team or Klopp as the best manager, you have come here and remind us :lol:
To be fair no one else is going to. Amirite? ;)

NewGlory

Tuchel is not a better tactician the Ole?

I’ve read it all now. Good god.
Ole beat him twice in Champions League when Tuchel was at PSG, and we had clearly inferior team. What do you call that?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Tuchel is 10/10 at the moment, easily the leagues best manager this year
Can't dispute that but I'd like to see him when there are injuries to cope with or losses to personnel in general. You learn more through adversity than if your team is on a good run

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ah shit. Spurs would be Spurs. Puts us second place on alphabetical order. Why did I trust Spurs for the last 5 minutes? :mad:
You're not winning the PL anyway, Dumbo. So it's pointless what Spurs do or don't do.

NewGlory

It's the honeymoon period. I'd give Tuchel another 3 months and then we can talk.
I hope you are right. If they keep this up, there is no catching them, but they could totally decline later in the season.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Considering how utterly evil our starting fixture list has been, I'm over the moon with things. If we can get at least a point at City, then I'm going to start believing we can really challenge this season.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Christensen and Rudiger are good players but this defense is performing at an all time great level despite not really having the players for that kind of play imo. Even when there are subs coming in to replace the starters (like Kepa today) Chelsea remain very solid.

Lots of credit to Tuchel.
I agree. Apart from the shit show WBA game the defense has done an incredible job. On the odd occasion they do get caught out then they have Mendy to bail them out with his absolutely ridiculously shot stopping ability. Tuchel has done amazing to impart his high tactical awareness on them and having Anthony Barry as defense coach has also played a key role which goes unnoticed. He gives them his own tactical information throughout games and during training and is the one that deals with set pieces too.

mu4c_20le

Thank you Souness. Tactics shmactics, it was a set piece and increased enthusiasm that won Chelsea the game. Period.

diarm

Keane and Sourness giving both barrells sans lube to Spurs here.

Can't disagree with any of it either.

rollingstoned1

Not sure what makes you believe that we can beat Chelsea. I think they are gonna run over City next week and will clearly be favorites against us.
Our own displays and theirs of course. We have the weapons to hurt them. Season has only just begun.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Considering how utterly evil our starting fixture list has been, I'm over the moon with things. If we can get at least a point at City, then I'm going to start believing we can really challenge this season.
Surely you already think about/expect a title challenge? You’re European Champions, have a great manager and invested well in the summer. You look the most well balanced.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Ah shit. Spurs would be Spurs. Puts us second place on alphabetical order. Why did I trust Spurs for the last 5 minutes? :mad:
Apparently Chelsea are top on head to head, because we drew at Anfield and they scored an away goal.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
So far this week I have read that Ole is a better tactical manager than Tuchel and Man Utd should not be classed as a winnable game for Chelsea.

There’s a lot of decent fans on here but good god there’s some right delusional ones.

Tony247

So far this week I have read that Ole is a better tactical manager than Tuchel and Man Utd should not be classed as a winnable game for Chelsea.

There’s a lot of decent fans on here but good god there’s some right delusional ones.
What I meant was among your last 8 fixtures against united had least probability of winning that you cannot put your finger and assume guaranteed win. A united team with likes of ronaldo, bruno, rashford, greenwood, varane, ddg etc. You think you are 100% guaranteed to win against this lot? If so then you are deluded beyond repairs.

And, you are on united forum posting in chelsea thread which sole purpose is to banter chelsea. So don't expect united fans to be magnanimous before calling them deluded, on their forum.

Crustanoid

Can't dispute that but I'd like to see him when there are injuries to cope with or losses to personnel in general. You learn more through adversity than if your team is on a good run
He’ll never be in that situation due to the extreme financial doping/squad which his club has

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Let it go! You keep banging on about it.

The_Midfielder

If we show up , we can beat anhbody..
but also anybody can beat us too

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What I meant was among your last 8 fixtures against united had least probability of winning that you cannot put your finger and assume guaranteed win. A united team with likes of ronaldo, bruno, rashford, greenwood, varane, ddg etc. You think you are 100% guaranteed to win against this lot? If so then you are deluded beyond repairs.

And, you are on united forum posting in chelsea thread which sole purpose is to banter chelsea. So don't expect united fans to be magnanimous before calling them deluded, on their forum.
It’s not even a Chelsea thread.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's almost as though Liverpool just don't exist in that post above. :lol: :lol:
Its amazing how average you were with out Virgil van Dijk. His resurrection from his death after being publicly assassinated by Pickford has been nothing short of miraculous and he is still very quick and strong for a reanimated corpse. However if he gets murdered again how will Liverpool cope?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In fairness it's not suprising people don't include Liverpool, you've won, what? 1 PL in 30 attempts is it? Not a particularly convincing ratio so I'm sure you understand.