Premier League Gameweek 1

Toney's hold up and movement is fecking class. Don't know if he'll get the chances to hit significant scoring numbers this season but he's a very good player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I can’t believe we used to fear playing Arsenal. The gap between them and the top “six” is huge now!!
We used to fear them because they had: Vieria,Henry,Pires,Reyes, Edu,Bergkamp,Cole,Keown etc. Even players who wouldn't have got into our squad back then( Parlour,Ljungberg would walk into this squad

lysglimt

Scout
White had a far better coach in Potter to bring out his strengths. They played a back 5 and he was never this exposed. Poundland Pep hasn't a clue
it's not only that - the way he was fooled by Mbeumo - that is not allowed if you cost £50 million. Of course it's his first game and he lacks experience - but he must improve

Abraxas

I think it's going to be a challenging start for White purely because there are no leaders or organisation within that side. Who is he supposed to look to that sets the standard, that communicates and organises? Realistically, he'll probably have to develop into that player himself. It's a big ask from playing second fiddle to Dunk to having to play under more pressure, with a price tag over his head in a side expected to win.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So all Prem stadiums can hit full capacity now? No matter what part of the country it is? We're fully back like?

tjb

Arteta and Arsenal would do extremely well to qualify for the Europa League with the tools at their disposal. They have fallen so, so far.
They're at a very important point I feel. City and Chelsea have now joined ourselves and Liverpool as the most popular teams in England. They have 2 problems.

1. They've been a meme for a while, have gone through the "youth set up" faze and have only continued to slide. Even at their worst stage in the Wenger years 2013 to 2017, they still had some star power that could generate even a little attention. Right now they don't have anyone.

2. They never did well in Europe even when they had strong teams. That history and pedigree is what has always separated the liverpools from the Valencia's.

They don't have the money, the history or star power to generate real interest. We are getting to a stage where they'll stop being a meme and might actually be mid table.

Withnail

They're at a very important point I feel. City and Chelsea have now joined ourselves and Liverpool as the most popular teams in England. They have 2 problems.

1. They've been a meme for a while, have gone through the "youth set up" faze and have only continued to slide. Even at their worst stage in the Wenger years 2013 to 2017, they still had some star power that could generate even a little attention. Right now they don't have anyone.

2. They never did well in Europe even when they had strong teams. That history and pedigree is what has always separated the liverpools from the Valencia's.

They don't have the money, the history or star power to generate real interest. We are getting to a stage where they'll stop being a meme and might actually be mid table.
They are a mid-table side now as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing that would give you any reason to believe they can get back towards the top of the league.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I made this point in the Arteta thread and was shot down in flames. I think the trend is always to largely blame the manager without mitigation. There is clearly some mitigation. Not completely, it is indeed hard to see what the plan is on the pitch.

Until White very little has been spent by the manager and when you look at the squad he has to play with its not an enviable task. There is always that residual expectation that Arsenal should be doing this or that but the truth is it's hard to see how they're up to meeting those expectations.

That said, he hasn't made a case that he is the man to give funds to.
Most if not all this squad he's either signed, given new deals or convinced to stay.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We used to fear them because they had: Vieria,Henry,Pires,Reyes, Edu,Bergkamp,Cole,Keown etc. Even players who wouldn't have got into our squad back then( Parlour,Ljungberg would walk into this squad
A bigger stadium makes teams better apparently.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Smith Rowe is the best player on that pitch by a country mile....sticks out like a sore thumb right now amongst mediocrity

BarstoolProphet

Ivan Toney looks fecking class. He's been toying with Ben White, will not be the first CB that will struggle against him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Brentford look knackered now. Backs to the wall job from now on I feel.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Very impressed with Brentford fans giving Saka a standing ovation. Classy gesture

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Arsenal are on top here but not exactly turning the screw in a sense that it’s only a matter of time.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I don't know why everyone is so impressed with the Brentford fans, you can hear a fair few booing Saka and doing monkey noises as well.