Premier League Gameweek 1

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Arsenal definitely dominated the game and deserved to win, though I think Palace were denied a penalty in the first half when Gabriel clearly handled and which may have changed the game.
They had less possession, xG was pretty much even throughout and palace as you say were denied a pen. They didn't dominate anything. They started strong and then hung on and relied on Ramsdale who made a couple of very good saves.

Still, good win for them of course, palace away is a very tough game. But Arsenal didn't exactly impress.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Saliba was MOTM. Absolutely fantastic player.

I've no idea which match you were watching mate.
I was saying in the fantasy PL thread, he is a world class player in the making. Put him in your PL teams - £4.5 is a steal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Arsenal definitely dominated the game and deserved to win, though I think Palace were denied a penalty in the first half when Gabriel clearly handled and which may have changed the game.
Not the one tonight that everyone is talking about they didn't

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was saying in the fantasy PL thread, he is a world class player in the making. Put him in your PL teams - £4.5 is a steal.
That's not how fantasy works.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Like fair enough over Rashford if that's your preference, but over Sancho is like saying you prefer Mahrez to Messi, not on the same planet
Yet to see it from Sancho at Premier League level, he's facing a different level of competition to what he's used to and cannot beat the fullbacks.

Saka is a very complete winger, as well as being younger, he's added end-product to his game. It's really not that tough of a take that Saka is ahead of him right now.

mu4c_20le

They didn't even dominate possession :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They’re a few players short. Their depth is woeful. Look at that bench..
We were missing Tomiyasu, Vieira & Smith-Rowe as well, but we do need a couple more, I think Arteta has already a said we will look to sign 1 or 2 more.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yet to see it from Sancho at Premier League level. Saka is a very complete winger and he's added end-product to his game. It's really not that tough of a take that Saka is ahead of him right now.
Why even mention Sancho and Rashford though? Could you not just say you rate Saka and explain why?

The shitting on our players when they are playing is bad enough here let alone when they aren’t playing.

Just inflammatory for no reason.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Once Saka has achieved anything close to what Sancho achieved, then we can talk (cough having the most league goals and assist before age 20 out of any player after mbappe (just 1 behind) over the past 30+ years).

Its like Nani to Ronaldo. Mahrez to Messi. They aren't in the same tier at all
How many more goals and assists do you think Sancho will get over Saka this season? 5 more? 10 more?

Bwuk

Don’t see it with Jesus. Spends far too much time outside the box for a striker.

charlenefan

Yet to see it from Sancho at Premier League level, he's facing a different level of competition to what he's used to and cannot beat the fullbacks.

Saka is a very complete winger, as well as being younger, he's added end-product to his game. It's really not that tough of a take that Saka is ahead of him right now.
it's a batshit crazy take

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Palace only lost 4 games at home last season, its a tough place to go as we seen last season. Will take any 3 points there.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sky currently cumming over Saliba (new Rio) and Gabby J.
Saliba was actually good, but for Jesus they must be showing the one run he made in about the 5th minute from every possible angle they have.

bosnian_red

Sancho is 1 year older and by Sakas age had set records for Dortmund with his productivity. Come on. Surely you can see some sense that United having a disaster year doesn't mean a player has to prove it all.

Or is Ben white better than Varane in your eyes too? Its a crazy statement to make. A club situation for 1 year doesn't erase Sancho being the 2nd/3rd best young talent after mbappe and haaland - by a distance.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They’re a few players short. Their depth is woeful. Look at that bench..
I never said they are competing for the title but they are in the right direction. I line their future more then United atm.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal will compete for top four. Palace might get top ten.

cyberman

How many more goals and assists do you think Sancho will get over Saka this season? 5 more? 10 more?
If Jesus keeps coming wide and taking up his position as he did for a lot of that match then pick any number you like.
I think Odegaard will do well with a forward line like that but you won’t see Jesus in the box enough as a 9 for Saka to rack up his stats.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Scoreline flatters them. They started really well but Palace were all over them that second half, and they’ve had a really disjointed pre season. A better side would’ve scored a few against Arsenal.

Trex

Arsenal dominated the majority of the first half but were on the back foot the entire second half. Lack of quality in finishing cost Palace today they could have at least taken a point.

GledTheRed

Saliba was actually good, but for Jesus they must be showing the one run he made in about the 5th minute from every possible angle they have.
He was the best player on the park first half apparently, Sky going HAM trying the big sell.

cnuts.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
If Jesus keeps coming wide and taking up his position as he did for a lot of that match then pick any number you like.
I think Odegaard will do well with a forward line like that but you won’t see Jesus in the box enough as a 9 for Saka to rack up his stats.
I disagree, I think Saka will get more goals and assists than he did last season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Scoreline flatters them. They started really well but Palace were all over them that second half, and they’ve had a really disjointed pre season. A better side would’ve scored a few against Arsenal.
Eze missed a glorious chance.

Deery

Dreary
Arsenal going to do feck all though Palace should have had 2 and they didn’t really play well…

bosnian_red

I mean it's not all about the productivity, but yeah Sancho will beat him there as well (provided a fair fitness competition). In general play i don't think it is close between them. Genuinely. Its like comparing Rashford to Neymar, Nani to Ronaldo, mahrez to Messi.. my honest opinion is Saka isn't a patch on Sancho, the Sancho that played for Dortmund and that we've seen this pre season. Saka isn't capable of doing what Sancho can on a pitch

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Deffo. The Arteta fetishists will be rubbing something with glee calling it a new dawn it looked like a last season performance with a little opening fixture luck.
They won 2-0 where they dismally lost 3-0 last season, a venue where many teams will struggle. Very good result for Arsenal and even Liverpool or City would have taken that before the match.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Palace only lost 4 games at home last season, its a tough place to go as we seen last season. Will take any 3 points there.
I am really happy with 3 points. It is always good to win the first game of the season.

charlenefan

Sancho has scored 5 goals in 37 games for United. Its not that crazy of a take.

He has the potential to be a world beater but right now he isn't.
Explain the relevance of that stat? Sancho's career didn't start last season in a shit United side did it

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I mean it's not all about the productivity, but yeah Sancho will beat him there as well (provided a fair fitness competition). In general play i don't think it is close between them. Genuinely. Its like comparing Rashford to Neymar, Nani to Ronaldo, mahrez to Messi.. my honest opinion is Saka isn't a patch on Sancho, the Sancho that played for Dortmund and that we've seen this pre season. Saka isn't capable of doing what Sancho can on a pitch
Yeah, that's an utterly ridiculous take and I'm not even going to bother arguing with it :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal looked good for the first 20 mins but then we're pretty crap for the rest of the match. Palace should have scored twice.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don’t see it with Jesus. Spends far too much time outside the box for a striker.
And for all the fancy touches they were fawning over, he gave the ball away a fair bit and created feck all.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
This Arsenal are not top 4 yet, but they played very well in the first few minutes of the game, they have good young players in attack.

But that midfield is not up to the level of the rest, white right-back?

A slack Crystal Palace, missing Gallagher a thousand times, came very close to a draw.

Taylor arsenal's friend and xhaka the biggest imbecile in the competition as always.

Better games to come tomorrow.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
‘If Partey got injured or if he went away’ Neville :lol:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Once Saka has achieved anything close to what Sancho achieved, then we can talk (cough having the most league goals and assist before age 20 out of any player after mbappe (just 1 behind) over the past 30+ years).

Its like Nani to Ronaldo. Mahrez to Messi. They aren't in the same tier at all
Does that still matter? Many players are fantastic in their teens but rubbish in the big game which ultimately matters.