Premier League Gameweek 1

supermao

And they call him the best fullback in the League. Absolute nonsense.

His forward running and impressive crosses don't make up for the weakness in his most important function in the team - defense.
TAA is very good going forward but defends like Terence Trent D’Arby.
Pre season Pirlo has looked good though.

Nick7

Absolutely no idea why we weren't looking at him after the last Euros. Was blatantly obvious he'd be a great buy even back then.
I don’t think the manager wants a player like that for better or worse.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or if there’s a reason that I’m unaware of, but Liverpool have opened their PL seasons against the reigning Championship winners the last four seasons in a row?

H v Norwich in 2019/20
H v Leeds in 2020/21
A v Norwich in 2021/22
A v Fulham in 2022/23

Odd.
LiFApool… refs, fixtures, asthma…

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I first wrote about Palhinha in the 2020/2021 season when I recommend him for United midfield. I said his game is made for the EPL and that was an absolute vacuum. This first half by Palhinha makes him look like he's been playing in England for years ! I am beyond proud of our boy!

This first half the standout guys have been
1. Palhinha
2. Perreira
3. Mitro

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Fulham completely nullify Liverpool's right hand side...but Robertson and Diaz are well in this game. Hopefully they can tweak that a bit.

Lights Out

So frustrating to see a player like Palinha moving to Fulham when he’s exactly what we’ve needed for years!

Mind you, Andreas has looked great against this lethargic Liverpool team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was wonder what the feck Fulham were doing making all these signings and still playing Tim Ream but they've been well on top, surely got enough to stay up this season.

Liverpool been very ordinary, seeing void of Mane and his movement creating more space for forward players.

Pickle85

Scousers looking poor so far. Salah is finding it really difficult to get involved and they just look really pedestrian. Obviously too early to draw any conclusions but they look really disjointed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Obviously it's better if we end up with De Jong but
Fred---Eriksen
---Palhinha
would have been a very tidy little midfield for a total spend of about 50p. :(

cyberman

Liverpool are a bit more of an up and down team without Mane in the side. I can see why Klopp thinks Nunez was a good idea, just buy completely into that now

Nick7

Was wonder what the feck Fulham were doing making all these signings and still playing Tim Ream but they've been well on top, surely got enough to stay up this season.

Liverpool been very ordinary, seeing void of Mane and his movement creating more space for forward players.
They have brought in Shane Duffy. If they get Brighton Duffy that’s a good buy. But I assume Ream will start early this season to bring through some consistency in their defence from last season.

Suv666

Fulham need to keep a lid on Robertson and they might survive. Big 45 minutes ahead

90 + 5min

Well deserved. Fulham have been more aggresive and have until now "locked" Liverpool attacks by having players controlling space where Trent and Robertson operate at the same time winning battle of midfield. Thats is why Liverpool are trying long balls.

I expect Liverpool to dominate second half and put pressure. But as long as Fulham can have same discipline they might take something of this game today.

SportingCP96

Supports
Obviously it's better if we end up with De Jong but
Fred---Eriksen
---Palhinha
would have been a very tidy little midfield for a total spend of about 50p. :(
If Palhinha does this all season he won't last more than one year on that contract because someone will throw a check at Fulham by next summer.

Havak

Pokemon master
Anyone know why there's like a full section/stand empty at Craven Cottage for an opening Premier League game against Liverpool? :/

Assuming some kind of development but it looks finished if it is! (And teams usually request a few away games to start the season if that's the case)

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If Palhinha does this all season he won't last more than one year on that contract because someone will throw a check at Fulham by next summer.
Just another case of us not willing to try for a lower profile player instead chasing unrealistic targets all the time that cost way more.

CarbonStoolBites

Andy Carroll will save the day for the scousers from the bench, don’t get your hopes up lads.

SportingCP96

Supports
Just another case of us not willing to try for a lower profile player instead chasing unrealistic targets all the time that cost way more.
Their is so much talent in Portugal at the moment that clubs like United ignore. Liverpool sniped up two of them, City grabbed Dias and are looking at Nunes. It is just a matter of doing their homework.

Blood Mage

Why did a bigger club not swoop for Palhinha? He looks like a top player. If a PL club that is expected to be relegated can attract a player like that, we're basically already a super league.

Nick7

Anyone know why there's like a full section/stand empty at Craven Cottage for an opening Premier League game against Liverpool? :/

Assuming some kind of development but it looks finished if it is! (And teams usually request a few away games to start the season if that's the case)
Development has been heavily delayed. Won’t be finished until next year.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I fully expect Liverpool to go on and win, but another reminder if anyone needed 1 that going to these tight grounds in opening day when everyone is up for it is never easy. Sometimes it's about just grinding out a victory.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Why did a bigger club not swoop for Palhinha? He looks like a top player. If a PL club that is expected to be relegated can attract a player like that, we're basically already a super league.
Last season Palhinha was injured a decent amount and began splitting his position with Manuel Ugarte. Might have lowered his stock.

Wolves and Fulham competed for him and Wolves looked set to sign him before Fulham swooped in.