Premier League Gameweek 10

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
How can the doc clear Luiz to keep playing after that hit ? Even if he's the one giving it and was more "prepared" for the impact, he should get subbed out immediately...

Deery

Dreary
Hope Raul is okay, must have fractured his skull or something, pity because he is such a good header of the ball hope it doesn’t seriously affect him..

KGBhoy

How can the doc clear Luiz to keep playing after that hit ? Even if he's the one giving it and was more "prepared" for the impact, he should get subbed out immediately...
Insanity

RashyForPM

Honestly going to keep Jimenez in my prayers until further news. That one looked bad. 13 minute delay and he’s still out cold. The horrid sound as well, topped up with his manager looking distraught. Hope for the best.

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
That’s put a downer on my entire evening. Jimenez looked limp the entire time down on the ground and that worries me, I really really hope he’s okay.

Can’t even get myself to care about the game anymore.

Also in disbelief like the rest of you that Luiz has somehow got the authority in a situation like this to decide he wants to stay on. What a mess.

RashyForPM

On another note, Arsenal medics should be vehemently reprimanded at the least and fired at the most for clearing Luiz to carry on.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Arsenal really need to get Luiz off before he does anything stupid. Also, he might be concussed or something.

Deery

Dreary
Dangerous to keep Luiz on the pitch if he does have a concussion a double concussion could kill him..

UmbroDays

They’re talking about “concussion protocols”. At no point did Luiz get any kind of rigorous assessment on the pitch. If that’s the extent of these protocols that’s a farce.
NFL takes 10-15 mins and the players rarely come back on.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Honestly going to keep Jimenez in my prayers until further news. That one looked bad. 13 minute delay and he’s still out cold. The horrid sound as well, topped up with his manager looking distraught. Hope for the best.
Jesus, not watching the match but that sounds awful. Hope he is ok

Clanrickard

Supports
Arsenal
It wouldn't be up to the managers, it would be up to the doctors. Who have sworn an oath with regards to this sort of thing and therefore would get struck off if they faked it.
I believe a rugby doctor (a female iirc) got struck off a few years back for exactly that sort of thing.

Cpt Negative

It wouldn't be up to the managers, it would be up to the doctors. Who have sworn an oath with regards to this sort of thing and therefore would get struck off if they faked it.
come on; it would be the easiest think to manipulate...

swore an oath? Who do you think pays them? They’re not on the Nhs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How? Fake an injury of a serious nature to get a sub on? The period that player would have to be out negates any advantage they think they may get.
Clearly if you've used 3 subs and someone gets an injury, some managers would consider faking a concussion (which doesn't have to be as terrible looking as Jiminez's situation) to avoid playing with ten.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
come on; it would be the easiest think to manipulate...

swore an oath? Who do you think pays them? They’re not on the Nhs.
If you go off with concussion think it is then ten days or more out of the team. Not sure a manager would risk losing one of his players for nothing.

PoTMS

Arsenal are a really bad, bad team. Genuinely one of the worst teams in the league after the usual candidates of Sheffield United, Fulham and West Brom. Fitting that we of course lost to them.