Premier League Gameweek 10

PoTMS

That was probably the worst first half we've played all season. Williams is nowhere near ready to be starting Premier league games.

Minamino has been such a disappointing signing. Physically the weakest player I've seen in a red shirt and looks like a shrinking violet to boot. Won't make it here I fear.
Strange one. Looked such an astute signing costing a snip but he's been awful considering his reputation. I guess it's fairly risk free considering he cost only £7m and you could easily recoup that back selling him to another European team.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm sure 10 or so years ago forwards like Ings used to be ten-a-penny. Solid, players that would guarantee a decent goal haul but it feels like a real shortage of quality now outside the top 6 teams.
Yeah there’s not many good ones outside the top 6, its telling that the teams with a decent forward like Villa and Southampton are higher in the league than you’d expect them to be.

cyberman

They'll still get 80 + points imo unless their home form takes a major hit. 15 home wins and a few draws is pretty much 50 points and they're well set for that given they've won their first five already.

Not quite translating into aways yet but they could still scrap this one out and you'd assume they'd top up away wins when they visit likes of Fulham and West Brom.

85 points in a season is still pretty high, just shows the level Man. City and Liverpool have been last 3 years and people assume they'll never be a drop off.
I think itll be a lot lower than that. Everybody is struggling and we arent even into the stride of the fixture madness as of yet.
Liverpool just played 135 minutes of football thats as poor as any over Klopps reign and its not as if he can make massive changes to wildly alter it and the games just dont stop coming.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joe Cole brilliant analysis on Maupay's pen.
He didn't get it right. He got it wrong. Apparently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think itll be a lot lower than that. Everybody is struggling and we arent even into the stride of the fixture madness as of yet.
Liverpool just played 135 minutes of football thats as poor as any over Klopps reign and its not as if he can make massive changes to wildly alter it and the games just dont stop coming.
Are you sure?
They could have scored 4 in the first 20.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That was probably the worst first half we've played all season. Williams is nowhere near ready to be starting Premier league games.

Minamino has been such a disappointing signing. Physically the weakest player I've seen in a red shirt and looks like a shrinking violet to boot. Won't make it here I fear.
I thought he would be great for Liverpool. Didthe South Korean player leave Salzburg? He looked a talent too

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Strange one. Looked such an astute signing costing a snip but he's been awful considering his reputation. I guess it's fairly risk free considering he cost only £7m and you could easily recoup that back selling him to another European team.
Bournemouth will presumably pick him up for a solid £35m next season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Liverpool have our old knack of getting away with everything.

They’ll win this and they’ll probably win the league eventually.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I thought he would be great for Liverpool. Didthe South Korean player leave Salzburg? He looked a talent too
Jay Spearing would have done better out there today than Minamino.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Has he done anything of note in his Liverpool career apart from the random couple of goals against us that got Jose the sack?
Whenever he’s fit he’s made game changing contributions, one of the better subs you can have in the league, he’s an excellent lock pick probably the best we’ve got aside from Thiago.

Irrational.

Whenever he’s fit he’s made game changing contributions, one of the better subs you can have in the league, he’s an excellent lock pick probably the best we’ve got aside from Thiago.
Interesting. I think he’s gone under the radar as we don’t see him on the pitch very often.

But I agree: Minamino doesn’t look anything special so far.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'd be surprised if league winner is below 80 points, it very rarely happens now. Man. United of course very nearly got to 70 points last year and everyone on here knows how inconsistant the form was up until January (in first 10 games last year you dropped 16 points so significantly more than Liverpool have regardless of today) and yet Bruno coming in and 7-8 match winning run and all is reasonably right with the world.

With a decent fixture list Liverpool will have 5-6 match winning run at some point so given they're joint top already they're in a good position. Rather be in their position than Man. City's of the two.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Has he done anything of note in his Liverpool career apart from the random couple of goals against us that got Jose the sack?
Yeah, he's a good squad player when fit. Better than Origi and Minamino.

If Minamino could have been a more fit Shaqiri he'd be judged a success.

PoTMS

There's the Welbeck I know. Great buildup play, piss poor end product.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Liverpool have our old knack of getting away with everything.

They’ll win this and they’ll probably win the league eventually.
Winners mentality. We did the same under Ferguson. Winning games with moments of individual brilliance or just a bit of luck, converting half chances or so. They are league winners after all, and the confidence we lack.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Man I love Welbeck. What a guy

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Or not.

Looks like yet again hard luck story for Brighton again.

Quality from Jota again.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jota has stepped it up a level. He was never prolific before Klopp got ahold of him.