Premier League Gameweek 12

Ban

I hope he's great, I really do. Be very interesting to see how he responds to Ole calling his inconsistent training out in the media (that's some Jose type stuff there and I don't mean that in a bad way).
What's that about?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he's great, I really do. Be very interesting to see how he responds to Ole calling his inconsistent training out in the media (that's some Jose type stuff there and I don't mean that in a bad way).
Don't think there is anything in that interview. Also doubt he will start in PL soon considering James is playing really well as RW and other 2 positions are locked by Martial and Rashford. Only position where he can is 10 but might be too soon.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea's forwards are being coached well. Not a fair comparison under Ole.
How quickly a good coach can turn a team around. Lampard did it the right way. In the championship learned his trade came up and did it with the youngsters.
That’s how your gonna do it if you want hire an ex player. Anyway he looks solid for top four and it looks like top four might be finished by the end of this weekend

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Ban

Chelsea's forwards are being coached well. Not a fair comparison under Ole.
It's not that simple although I know it's common to take a dig at Ole. I meant talent wise but as others said you have to take game time into comparison, experience and the teams too. Chelsea has a better, more balansed squad.

Ban

“He needs to learn the man’s game, he’s training with the first team every day and you can’t just turn that switch on and off. You’ve got to perform every day if you are going to be accepted by a group like this. If he’d really stamped his authority in training every single day and been the best option he would have played every game.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...skjaer-warns-Mason-Greenwood-cut-corners.html
Nothing wrong with that imo.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
It's not that simple although I know it's common to take a dig at Ole. I meant talent wise but as others said you have to take game time into comparison, experience and the teams too. Chelsea has a better, more balansed squad.
A think you need to also look at these players have got top of the line coaching and was winning trophies at the youth level, then they went out on loan bar RLC and CHO both Mount, Tomori, Tammy, Reece has got more than 100 games under their belt in the mens game. Also playing in the championship which is physically demanding will also make you mature.

Greenwood has spark, and talent but he needs to mature in footballing sense to make that leap from youth football to mens football and only games will do that.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
That's lunacy. I certainly wouldn't swap Tammy, CHO, Mount, Tomori, or James for either of those two.
Rashford is clearly a class ahead of all them yet still only just turned 22. Greenwood class is obvious.

Ace of Spades

Nah its not even an Ole thing, Pulisic is 21 and playing his 3rd or 4th season of top level football, Mount came from a full season of playing for Lampard in the championship. Tammy is having his fourth season of senior football. Mason Greenwood and Gomes are still very green when compared to the Chelsea boys. Marcus Rashford is a fairer comparison
Pretty much. Abraham was the top scorer, or something in the championship right ??

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Sheff United really are an excellently coached side. Extremely impressed with them all season so far.

Ace of Spades

He scored goals at Bristol City and Villa, Swansea was the only time he struggled.
I was talking about last season, where he was very good for Villa. Anyway, you can't compare him to the likes of Greenwood etc. A better comparison is Tuanzebe, who was playing with him on loan, and was very good as well. Unfortunately, he is injured for us currently.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I was talking about last season, where he was very good for Villa. Anyway, you can't compare him to the likes of Greenwood etc. A better comparison is Tuanzebe, who was playing with him on loan, and was very good as well. Unfortunately, he is injured for us currently.
Yes that is a better comparison regarding footballing experience and yes it is a big pity he is injured. Mason needs to take every chance he is given.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think so either. Young players sometimes need a kick up the arse if they're slacking in training.

Ole was schooled under Fergie, half-arsing it is not an option.
I think working under Fergie is working against his guys in management. They still seem married to his unique ideals and OGS at times may aswell be saying he's obsessed with replicating him.

Whereas Frank by comparison has worked with numerous different managers and on the way has probably moulded different do's and don'ts from all in terms of his management.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not much different I would guess, as they are very young and need some time to get used to this level.
Do you think Chelsea have used the loan system well. More that they have chosen good loans where at times we seem a bit inept. Axel is one of the few that have seriously worked for us. I would also say Dean Henderson.

flappyjay

Wonder how our talent would be if Frank managed them.
It's not about Frank's management only. Frank's young guns already have more experience than ours. They were just waiting for a proper chance and frank has given them that. The only experienced youngsters Ole found were Rashford and mctominay.

Irrational.

Burnley goal disallowed. How the feck was that a clear and obvious error? It was the most marginal call. Football has gone to shit since VAR. Perfectly fine goal disallowed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's not about Frank's management only. Frank's young guns already have more experience than ours. They were just waiting for a proper chance and frank has given them that. The only experienced youngsters Ole found were Rashford and mctominay.
Hudson Odoi is the exception, but he looks to be more ready and to have more talent than our young lot.

Still Lampard deserves credit for getting Chelsea playing well

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford is clearly a class ahead of all them yet still only just turned 22. Greenwood class is obvious.
Also ludicrous. Tammy is the same age yet is leading the league in scoring. If Greenwood's class is obvious why isn't he being picked?

Of course you won't, they are your youth products, but in terms of talent we have plenty ourselves.
Agreed with this. United have a young and vibrant core but to argue Rashford and Greenwood are clearly better than anyone at Chelsea is absurd.