Premier League Gameweek 15

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Its the managers, no disrespect, but Tuchel would never commit 8 men consistently forward in a game with so little on it at 0-0 in the 80th minute. Klopp will choose to live or die by the sword. Not saying one is better than the other, but its a difference in approach. You'd only see Chelsea do that when a goal down, or maybe in a must win league game. Klopp will go for the jugular almost every time. Like Fergusons United, they'll take a win and a loss over 2 draws (which everyone should). It pays off more than it would for anyone else because of the quality of their attackers. Salah was poor today but as soon as he got in the clear that one time he was decisive.
Tuchel had CHO bombing forward from LWB with Pulisic, Lukaku, Havertz, Mount, James and RLC all attacking with the score 2-2. It's how West Ham kept finding acres of space behind our defence. They nearly scored on a breakaway like that before they fluked the winner. There is something about Liverpool's players. It could be the experience, and/or just the overall difference in quality in the attacking areas, or the never say die attitude they bring to every single game but it's just annoyingly impressive the way just keep going and going.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah that's my only hope. Been saying since last season that they had a year maybe two at a stretch with this group of players. Salah, Mane, Firmino I think will be done in a year and it's not going to be easy to replace them.

Jota getting a lot of plaudits but I feel he's a system player .. kind of like Pedro under Pep.
He might not be as naturally gifted as Firminio but he's always gonna score more goals and he's doing it without Salah and Manes numbers dropping. Liverpool are good for a few years yet. Salah and Mane have probably 4-5 years before they start to fade unless they turn in Rooney. Jota has plenty of time. I think Henderson will be the first to lose his legs given his style but he also might last till 35. Players are no longer done at 33 even anymore especially those with good lifestyles and I can't see Salah, Mane and co. not being complete professionals. I'd wager none drinks nor smokes etc... In pro footballer terms, 32 is the new 30 and 36-37 will be the new 33 out to pasture time.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Tuchel had CHO bombing forward from LWB with Pulisic, Lukaku, Havertz, Mount, James and RLC all attacking with the score 2-2. It's how West Ham kept finding acres of space behind our defence. They nearly scored on a breakaway like that before they fluked the winner. There is something about Liverpool's players. It could be the experience, and/or just the overall difference in quality in the attacking areas, or the never say die attitude they bring to every single game but it's just annoyingly impressive the way just keep going and going.
They weren't bombing forward in comparison to Liverpools. The wingbacks were pushing up, and the front 3 but the midfielders were not nearly as aggresive as Liverpools were. Leading up to the goal, Liverpool were literally attacking with everyone bar VVD and Matip. They do it time and again. The even had a spell with Jota, Origi, Mane, Salah almost as a front 4 with Trent and Robertson playing the amr/aml positions. Their attitude is a big part of it, but their manager has instilled that attitude to commit and tactically allows them to commit.

If you think Chelsea today tried to have the same number in the box and finish the game with the same intent Liverpool did we have seen very different things. Of course Chelsea were playing a much better team than Liverpool but Liverpool really wanted that winner more both mentally and tactically as they always do. Klopp doesn't get enough credit for that bravery in his tactics but its always there.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Weird you post this on a United forum when you score a last minute winner. Find some other hobbies mate.
I usually don’t post match days here. Today I did and there ya go and I feel great about it. The legend of Origi continues to baffle.

Hoof the ball

No, but everyone accused regs of being biased towards us.

It's all nonsense. People always want to find reasons to discredit the best teams.
From 92/93 to 2016 (time of article) we had 123 pens in PL history. Liverpool had 140. Despite the fact that we were THE dominant winning side and historically winning sides win more penalties.

Not only that but at least two other clubs had more injury time than us (one is Arsenal; the other is Liverpool) since 92/93.

It's all bullshit when you line up the facts and show them who exactly has benefitted most. They go quiet for obvious reasons.

Strelok

The real difference between your team and Liverpool is Fabinho and his fouling masterstroke. Liverpool was able to push really hard because they didn't have to worry much about being countered. Watch them when they don't have Fabinho and you'd see.

Been wondering for very long why this guy and Fernandinho always got away with the gigantic amount of fouls they make each match.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We don't do it that much normally but it was blatant today. Hacked traore at every opportunity. Was like watching city when they lose the ball.
You always do TBH. Not complaining, you just tactically foul very effectively. So do City.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So we're already at the stage where people wouldn't be too dissatisfied with a City win.

Grim stuff

GeorgieBoy

I usually don’t post match days here. Today I did and there ya go and I feel great about it. The legend of Origi continues to baffle.
Yeah because you got a reaction and that's what you were looking for.
Either way; it's weird.

Deery

Dreary
City getting in behind too easy can only see more City goals…

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Hot take - Grealish instead of Sancho and Ole would still be in a job.

Not that he is better or anything, he's just that kind of player. He would be doing better at United.

Deery

Dreary
Watching Dortmund v. Bayern. Are Watford another of these teams who beat United and then go into a tailspin?
It’s all City, they’ve wasted a lot of chances but can only see a 3-4 nil going but recent play.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Watching Dortmund v. Bayern. Are Watford another of these teams who beat United and then go into a tailspin?
Watford actually deserved something from the Arsenal and Chelsea games. They are not as bad a team as their results and league standing looks like.

This match, though, City are completely outplaying them. Could easily be a rout.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Feck sake, another week of gowls saying Bernardo Silva is the best player in the league/best Portuguese player in history.

Blood Mage

Van Dijk is just a titan for Pool. He's the difference between them being potential champions or top 4 also-rans.

SATA

Still completely baffled why we didn’t go for Bernardo Silva that year. Such a marvellous little footballer

Josh 76

Is what the United fans will sing as they move into a 5-0 lead at Anfield against Origi’s Liverpool.
Isn’t he the player Liverpool fans want replacing,? yet he seems to score a lot of important goals.