Premier League Gameweek 18+19

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
*Gameweek 18 fixtures have been split between 12-14 January and 19-21 January and are signified by an asterisk.

Tuesday 12 January
18:00 Sheff Utd v Newcastle (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Wolves v Everton (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Burnley v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 13 January
18:00 Man City v Brighton (BT Sport)*
20:15 Aston Villa v Spurs (Sky Sports)*

Thursday 14 January
20:00 Arsenal v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)*

Saturday 16 January
12:30 Wolves v West Brom (BT Sport)
15:00 Leeds v Brighton (Sky Sports)
15:00 West Ham v Burnley (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Fulham v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (BT Sport)

Sunday 17 January
12:00 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports)
14:00 Sheff Utd v Spurs (Sky Sports)
16:30 Liverpool v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
19:15 Man City v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Monday 18 January
20:00 Arsenal v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 19 January
18:00 West Ham v West Brom (BT Sport)*
20:15 Leicester v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*

Wednesday 20 January
18:00 Leeds v Southampton (Sky Sports)*
20:15 Fulham v Man Utd (BT Sport)*
20:15 Man City v Aston Villa (BT Sport)

Thursday 21 January
20:00 Liverpool v Burnley (Sky Sports)*

marktan

I fancy Sheffield to get their first 3 points in the Newcastle game.

They both play with a back 5, which will suit Sheffield more than against when they play against other teams that don't. Bogle and Burke starting will give them attacking impetus.

They'll need a little bit of luck as Newcastle have better players on paper but I'd say it's 40/60 for a Sheffield win.

marktan

Newcastle are probably the biggest one man team in the league, without Saint-Maximin they're absolutely wank.

Sheffield will score if they keep up the intensity

Bruce is absolutely awful, what a shite negative set-up against a team with 2 points. Sheffield United are by far the better side, deserve a goal. Going the way of a lot of their games this season where they miss some chances and then concede some stupid goal due to Ramsdale being wank.

I know it won't happen but I'm still holding out hope the Blades stay up. They actually have a unique style of play not based around packing 10 men into their box like most of the bottom-feeders recently. I know it's been found out to some extent but it gave big teams lots of problems last season.

Rustyspider13

This is turning out to be a decent game. Just when I thought Sheffield were piling on the pressure, Newcastle are coming back into it.

Sheffield so unlucky not to be ahead.

McGoldrick is actually a great player outside of goalscoring. Very niche style of striker but improves that side so much when he plays

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thought that was going to be Sheffield United first goal.
Make a note in your diary. You can regale your grandchildren with stories such as this.

It'll be up there with the: Moon landing, various assassinations, death of Princess Diana etc

GlasgowCeltic

Bruce is absolutely awful, what a shite negative set-up against a team with 2 points. Sheffield United are by far the better side, deserve a goal. Going the way of a lot of their games this season where they miss some chances and then concede some stupid goal due to Ramsdale being wank.
Newcastle fans expecting any more than this is continually labelled as unreasonable

marktan

Didn't that dreadful Derby side manage one win and it was against Newcastle
They took 4 points out of 11 against Newcastle.

This Sheffield side have a wank defence and a wank attack, sitting back is not the play by Newcastle here. If you give them 90% of the ball eventually someone will Jammy one in.

Every team that's played 433 and attacked has beaten Sheffield, no idea what Newcastle are trying to do here. You attack and push Sheffield back into a back 5, they'll never score. Most teams have figured that out.

diarm

Really poor from Bruce. You're playing the worst side in the league, with their confidence rock bottom, and he sends out a side to park the bus.

And now they're down to 10! Deserved.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I know it won't happen but I'm still holding out hope the Blades stay up. They actually have a unique style of play not based around packing 10 men into their box like most of the bottom-feeders recently. I know it's been found out to some extent but it gave big teams lots of problems last season.
This. Shocking tactics against a woeful side.
I hope they lose now

Newcastle fans expecting any more than this is continually labelled as unreasonable
Yep. The Geordies can be annoying at times but I feel for them when fans of big clubs constantly bombard them with "why are you complaining? Bruce is doing a great job look at your league position". They're probably the worst side to watch in the league, worse than Burnley except they have the individual of Saint-Maximin sometimes. Bruce's tactics are non-existent outside of hoping for set-pieces and for the opposing side to miss all of their clear-cut opportunities because they're not even well organized.

Inigo Montoya

Really poor from Bruce. You're playing the worst side in the league, with their confidence rock bottom, and he sends out a side to park the bus.

And now they're down to 10! Deserved.
As long as owners keep rewarding dinosaurs like Bruce with big jobs like this, it's what you can expect.

Hope they go down and Fraser can say hi to Bournemouth as they come up, while playing some attractive football

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As long as owners keep rewarding dinosaurs like Bruce with big jobs like this, it's what you can expect.

Hope they go down and Fraser can say hi to Bournemouth as they come up, while playing some attractive football
There will still be someone out there who thinks Brucie is a good candidate for the United job.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Very nervous now. Doing everything right so far just need a goal from somewhere. Can see a heartbreaking counter from Newcastle late on though, it’s obvious.

Sylar

This is why Newcastle fans want him gone despite Bruce picking up points here and there
They are woeful to watch (at least they took points of Liverpool)

Sheffield United meanwhile need to take advantage and win this. Might be difficult cos of the sending off but 45 minutes with an extra man against a team that will struggle to attack

What do you think Bruce's thought process was for playing 5 at the back against a team with 2 points?

"Well, we're away from home. Has to be a tough game then. 541 again lads!"

rooney2009

I think Bruce is trying to get himself sacked
How can He setup like that against Sheffield Utd?
Ridiculous tactics

Playing for Newcastle when you are a player with flair must be soul destroying
This is why I struggle to criticize any of their attackers like Almiron or Saint-Maximin. They pretty much have to pick up the ball in their own half and try to beat the entire opposition with 1 player in support. Joelinton is the only one that I think is genuinely just shite.

Inigo Montoya

How did Klopp drop points to this shower of absolute shite :lol:
Discovering what it's like to be like Utd for the last 50 years. Everyone's cup final. Shows how good Fergie was to instill that motivation into us for so long knowing everyone wanted to beat us!:devil: