Premier League Gameweek 18+19

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Calm down! I'm here just want to discuss about your belief in the manager. Simple discussion, don't make it into personal if you don't want to continue or can't answer my questions.

I have said it before, if you believe in manager blindly then that’s your choice, and I respect that because it's similar to how Ty in AFTV believed in Wenger, Emery and also Arteta. But if you have good reason to believe in Jose then that’s what I want to ask and discuss here, I never tell you to call for his head on day one.
Did you even read any of my posts? My belief has waned dramatically. I am perfectly calm.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Did you even read any of my posts? My belief has waned dramatically. I am perfectly calm.
Yes I did, and this was my response (below). I'm just waiting for you to answer. Will it take another three replies until you started get into the topic/discussion again?

So how is last season can be used as sign progress for Spurs’s project? Kane only injured for 3 months while Son only injured for a month. It’s really not as bad as ours last season with Martial in beginning of season injured for 2 months and also both Pogba & Rashford missed long term injuries.

So no progress then this season since you said he reverted to his old ways? So what was the thing you called playing some good football again, what type of football is it? You avoided the question.

All I want to know is the progress he has shown for the club’s project like a good sign of his football style and his man management that gives reasons why he is the right man and suitable to be Spurs manager. Not talking about how he’s making 1 step forward but 2 step backward.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes I did, and this was my response (below). I'm just waiting for you to answers. Will it take another three replies until you started get into the topic/discussion again?
So how is last season can be used as sign progress for Spurs’s project? Do you mean So how can last season be used as sign of progress for Spurs’s project? If so, like I said he steadied the ship and got us in Europe (already stated that, or should be pretty obvious).

So no progress then this season since you said he reverted to his old ways? So what was the thing you called playing some good football again, what type of football is it? Results against Southampton and yourselves were good, the Match against City was good, first half against West ham and Newcastle. He had us joint top with the best GD. Since West Ham its been pretty dire football apart from the City match.

This is tiresome.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So how is last season can be used as sign progress for Spurs’s project? Do you mean So how can last season be used as sign of progress for Spurs’s project? If so, like I said he steadied the ship and got us in Europe (already stated that, or should be pretty obvious).
Looks like you are the type of guy that needs to be asked very specific so you can understand.

Let me ask the questions again with different sentence. How is the ''steadied the shit and got you in EL last season'' considered as sign progress for Spurs project? I can't see how achieving EL spot is progress or step forward that related to your project.

So no progress then this season since you said he reverted to his old ways? So what was the thing you called playing some good football again, what type of football is it? Results against Southampton and yourselves were good, the Match against City was good, first half against West ham and Newcastle. He had us joint top with the best GD. Since West Ham its been pretty dire football apart from the City match.

This is tiresome.
So what type/style of good football or system is it again? You didn't answer the question.

It wouldn't be tiresome if you don't go circle and actually taking this as proper discussion if you want to continue. I seriously want to have discussion with Spurs fans about Mourinho since I have read lot of post in Fighting Cock forum that they all said they didn't see sign of progress, moaned about the his system, tactic & man management. But you think differently so I would like to know your view.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Looks like you are the type of guy that needs to be asked very specific so you can understand.

Let me ask the questions again with different sentence. How is the ''steadied the shit and got you in EL last season'' considered as sign progress for Spurs project? I can't see how achieving EL spot is progress or step forward that related to your project.

So what type/style of good football or system is it again? You didn't answer the question.

It wouldn't be tiresome if you don't go circle and actually taking this as proper discussion if you want to continue. I seriously want to have discussion with Spurs fans about Mourinho since I have read lot of post in Fighting Cock forum that they all said they didn't see sign of progress, moaned about the his system, tactic & man management. But you think differently so I would like to know your view.
:lol:

Why do you keep going on about progress? I never said we are making progress, we getting worse after a good steady start to the season. We have dropped 10 points in the last 10-15 mins of games this season.

Your asking questions you should already know, every one knows, he plays a get a goal and then defend, my problem is when he does this against teams we could probably beat in and open game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Why do you keep going on about progress? I never said we are making progress, we getting worse after a good steady start to the season. We have dropped 10 points in the last 10-15 mins of games this season.

Your asking questions you should already know, every one knows, he plays a get a goal and then defend, my problem is when he does this against teams we could probably beat in and open game.
Because progress was my question. That's why I keep saying not to give me lazy and irrelevant answer.

Fans believe in the manager based on two things, one is you see the progress he's making or two you just believe in the manager blindly like Ty in AFTV which again I respect that. I just want to see your view on Mourinho that's all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Why do you keep going on about progress? I never said we are making progress, we getting worse after a good steady start to the season. We have dropped 12 points in the last 10-15 mins of games this season.

We also tended to drop points in the latter stages of a game under Jose which points to an issue with the tactics?

It could be, and I'm just spitballing here, that The Special One's plan of sitting deep and defending a 1-goal lead has flaws. Maybe?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We also tended to drop points in the latter stages of a game under Jose which points to an issue with the tactics?

It could be, and I'm just spitballing here, that The Special One's plan of sitting deep and defending a 1-goal lead has flaws. Maybe?
I totally agree, but it depends on who your playing, its fine to gamble on holding a win against other top teams, but not against the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace and Fulham, its criminal.

PaulScholes99

This is tiresome.
Last season was a sign of progress? He got you 45 points in 26 games (1,73 ppg). That sounds quite okay. But after the first few games your games were really bad. You can go at understat and use 22nd November as start date. You will see that you were quite lucky to get this amount of points - expected points had you as 11th best team for this 26 games he was in charge. Just as a comparison, when we sacked Mourinho we had 26 points after 17 games. The football was atrocious and everybody laughed at how bad we were. We were on 1,53 ppg. That is funnily not even that far away from the level he has you until now.

Yes, results against Southampton and us were really good. I'll give you Southampton. But against us? You played against 10 United players who were clearly unfit and not even close to being able to compete. At that time Crystal Palace outplayed us at OT and Brighton created a week earlier as much chances as you (but against 11 United players) - they were just unable to finish them. There is nothing to be to proud of.

Against city the result was excellent and you defended quite good but they still missed some good chances. You had 4 shots in this game. I'd say the game you played against Liverpool was a lot better than the one against City - just that you were lucky against City and unlucky against Liverpool.

I can't really see progress. To be fair you already said that now there is no progress. But i could never really see progress with this Spurs team. A few results but nothing else. E.g. you went onto a winning run of 3 games against Burnley, Brighton and West Brom. For me that was the moment i realized you will have nothing to do with the title because the football was just so bad.

The only thing that is acceptable until now are the results. But they were better under Pochettino apart from the start in his last season. That was not your actual level under Pochettino and Mourinho still took over a pretty good squad as the last few seasons before showed. Of course you can say there is progress from the level Pochettino had you in his last few games but that is not the actual level that Spurs had.

Just compare Mourinho with Ole in the league. Ole was widely seen (before his winning run this season at least) as one of the worst managers of the league. Since he took over from Mourinho he got 40 points in 21 in his 1st season. Than in his first 22 games in second season he got 34 points. So that combines for 74 in 43 games. For most people he was done at United and the job was simply a level too high for him. Now Spurs got 75 points in the 43 games that Mourinho is here. That is quite shocking as his results somehow are seen 1000x better than Ole at this point. And this was the lowest point of his United career until now.

Anustart89

Sounds familiar.

Hated the José era for that reason, and we're seeing the exact same thing with Spurs now.

Sylar

How did we concede 3 against palace. They’re so poor technically.
Because,, as said many times, fitness plays a huge part and we were well behind compared to them. It made a huge difference in the end
That and the lindelof penalty which wouldn't be one now and the retake

Judging by this thread it doesn’t seem many people are watching :lol:
Not an exciting game so far
I'll probably fall asleep

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Hopping on the Zaha hate train.

Biggest whinger in the league, forever complaining to the ref, teammates and opponents. He even scowls when he scores.

Extremely dislikeable player.

GledTheRed

Biggest whinger in the league, forever complaining to the ref, teammates and opponents. He even scowls when he scores.

It's his facials that get me, like a spoilt brat / stroppy teenager.

Looking disgusted at his teammates constantly, it's not their fault you're still at that shithole Wilf lad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

He has a chip on his shoulder.
And imo, it stems from being stuck at Palace.