Premier League Gameweek 20

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
That was a difficult watch against Everton tonight. I can see why Everton win games but it’s rough football.

I thought we could have won it in the 2nd half after Pickford chucked one in to make it 1-1.

Oh well, onto the next one.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
At least, it's looking likely that City can stop Liverpool winning again. I would not have thought that at the start of the season. 7 points is a decent gap. Long way to go, though.
Yeah it's City's to lose. I just want to win a game again.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
At least, it's looking likely that City can stop Liverpool winning again. I would not have thought that at the start of the season. 7 points is a decent gap. Long way to go, though.
It’s a weird season, you only need to lose a few players and it’ll be turned on it’s head again.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah it's City's to lose. I just want to win a game again.
You have all the tools to go on a run of games though. VVD is a major loss, however you can surely put score teams.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
No way you should go down as worst premier league team or whatever. You're way better than our comedy show that went down with 17 points in 15/16 and we still got 5 or some points than what Derby did.

Don't think you've got a chance of staying up still but realistic target is getting 20-25 points and just having an "average" relegation. Norwich went down with 21 points in the end so that's a target to beat plus all about picking some form up to hit the ground running for next season. You're clearly sticking with Wilder so squad playing for their places next season.
We will go down but as long as we go down fighting, we can’t be too upset.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That was a difficult watch against Everton tonight. I can see why Everton win games but it’s rough football.

I thought we could have won it in the 2nd half after Pickford chucked one in to make it 1-1.

Oh well, onto the next one.
depends on the side we have out. When we have everyone fit and available - Doucoure and Allan instead of Gomes and Davies or Digne/Coleman instead of Godfrey/Holgate we can play much better football. As it is we needed to make sure we defended well as part of the game plan and we were executing it perfectly until Pickford fecked up again.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just seen the other results and some highlights. How the hell did Burnley score 3 in one game and the seen Pickford Trex arms at it again against Leicester

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
depends on the side we have out. When we have everyone fit and available - Doucoure and Allan instead of Gomes and Davies or Digne/Coleman instead of Godfrey/Holgate we can play much better football. As it is we needed to make sure we defended well as part of the game plan and we were executing it perfectly until Pickford fecked up again.
To be honest, I haven’t seen a great deal of you this season. Pickford is an interesting goalkeeper as he goes from the sublime to the silly within the same game. N’didi will be a major blow for us. He’s instrumental in how we setup.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Big game tomorrow night for Spurs. Win that and we'll leap-frog Liverpool, climb into 4th place and be only 4 points off 2nd with a game in hand.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Big game tomorrow night for Spurs. Win that and we'll leap-frog Liverpool, climb into 4th place and be only 4 points off 2nd with a game in hand.
Give us a win please? We're desperate.

The United defending on that second Sheffield United goal was shocking. Looked like the passing was in slow motion.

Ludens the Red

Why not 5 points off 1st ? Who says 4 points off 2nd when the difference between 1st and 2nd is one point.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Strangely, all the Liverpool threads have disappeared from the first page. I guess this thread will do.

With our current form this should be a walkover for Spurs. It was a walkover for Burnley FFS. :( The only crumb is that if we have finally gotten over our malaise (Firmino made a pass to one of our players for a change, Salah finally scored) then someone is about to get run over by our resurgence.

Unfortunately, I feel Spurs might be a game too early. Matip and Henderson returning is a huge boost for us though. Son against Rhys Williams, bloody hell the carnage, I wouldn't have slept last night thinking about that. :nervous:

Deery

Dreary
Strangely, all the Liverpool threads have disappeared from the first page. I guess this thread will do.

With our current form this should be a walkover for Spurs. It was a walkover for Burnley FFS. :( The only crumb is that if we have finally gotten over our malaise (Firmino made a pass to one of our players for a change, Salah finally scored) then someone is about to get run over by our resurgence.

Unfortunately, I feel Spurs might be a game too early. Matip and Henderson returning is a huge boost for us though. Son against Rhys Williams, bloody hell the carnage, I wouldn't have slept last night thinking about that. :nervous:
And your fullbacks are massively underperforming, to be fair your whole team is I’d expect a Spurs win also.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why not 5 points off 1st ? Who says 4 points off 2nd when the difference between 1st and 2nd is one point.
Well, we don't have a game in hand against the current league leaders, but we do in relation to the team currently in 2nd. But If you prefer to just say "5 points off 1st", then so be it.

Ludens the Red

Well, we don't have a game in hand against the current league leaders, but we do in relation to the team currently in 2nd. But If you prefer to just say "5 points off 1st", then so be it.
Well yeah cos that makes more sense. I’d assume the goal is to finish 1st. Unless your obsession with United means you see 2nd (Uniteds current positioning) as the place to be.

always_hoping

What's the best result for Man United in tonights Spurs v Liverpool game?

Big opportunity for Jose to prove he's not past his best as the Jose of old would win this match.

He was really clutching at straws when he told media Spurs was the better team in the December 2-1 defeat when they had a mere 24% possession and just 2 shots on target.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No idea what to expect today. Any kind of win would be nice. Forgot what it feels like.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Big opportunity for Jose to prove he's not past his best as the Jose of old would win this match.

He was really clutching at straws when he told media Spurs was the better team in the December 2-1 defeat when they had a mere 24% possession and just 2 shots on target.
After our embarrassing and hurtful loss to Sheffield United last night, watching Liverpool get back on track tonight with a comfortable win over Spurs would make us all feel a great deal better.

:)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
After our embarrassing and hurtful loss to Sheffield United last night, watching Liverpool get back on track tonight with a comfortable win over Spurs would make us all feel a great deal better.

:)
Wouldn't make me feel better at all.

SER19

Probably a draw. Leaves a 5 point gap over Liverpool and 3 over spurs if they win their game in hand. We're almost certainly going to drop points at least once in our next 3 games so need as many cushions as possible

cyberman

Liverpool loss. Spurs wont win the league

Deery

Dreary
5 at the back for Spurs this is going to be another bore fest from Mourinho

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
One out one in. Be surprised if we’re not beaten again here but hoping for the best. Still baffled we’re not getting a CB

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How many midfielders are going to play CB for us this season? Thiago next week. :lol: :houllier:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
This has all the making of Liverpool having 80% possession, taking 15 more shots, and losing 2-1.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What's best, Liverpool loss or a draw?

Doesn't matter anyway because that craven cnut Mourinho will park the bus before losing late on.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty sure that's our 15th different CB pairing this season.

Sylar

Just dawned on me, that we could be *currently* sitting 9 points ahead of Liverpool before they travel to Spurs.
Ugh, that would have been a nice boost.