Premier League Gameweek 22

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That's his favorite spot on the pitch, perfect space, but there are only 4 other players in the league that can pull that cross off with the right spin and pace and placement

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
City are the best in the league at doing this, completely destroying the weaker teams when they're on song. I don't think anyone disagrees with this. As we've seen though, it doesn't always work against the better teams they come across. I.e Liverpool and in Europe.

Added to the weakness at the back, which has cost them points, and it's clear to see why they will (Hopefully!) have to settle for 2nd place this season.

adexkola

Supports
City are the best in the league at doing this, completely destroying the weaker teams when they're on song. I don't think anyone disagrees with this. As we've seen though, it doesn't always work against the better teams they come across. I.e Liverpool and in Europe.

Added to the weakness at the back, which has cost them points, and it's clear to see why they will (Hopefully!) have to settle for 2nd place this season.
The last 2 seasons they've largely done well against the top sides in what has been called the best league in the world.

Not that any Liverpool fan should give a feck, but the gap between Liverpool and City is not indicative of the quality between the 2 sides.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We paid £30m more for the dabber than City paid for KDB. Oh boy what a great deal that turned out to be eh?

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
The last 2 seasons they've largely done well against the top sides in what has been called the best league in the world.

Not that any Liverpool fan should give a feck, but the gap between Liverpool and City is not indicative of the quality between the 2 sides.
I agree the 2 teams are very closely matched. City left themselves short at the back and have paid dearly for it with the Laporte injury.

Do think we're mentally stronger than them this season. They've shown a tendency to fold in some games which has helped us open up the gap.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Games like this make it look like City are still miles ahead of everyone but their vulnerability at the back is why they’re so far behind. Look at the mistakes made against Norwich and how vulnerable they were at home to counter attacks against United & Wolves.

5-0, Aguero is still a world class striker.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Ruthless against poor sides. I expect them to retool in the summer and walk the league next season.

Stocar

They usually outplay the other top teams, in fact they do that more often than Liverpool. For example, they have completely outplayed Tottenham earlier in the season, yet somehow Spurs managed to conjure two goals from zero chances. While vs Liverpool they miss open goals.

Not to mention City had a goal disallowed by a marginal call at the end of that game. The same type of call was interpreted differently and had them out of Europe months earlier, because the rules still had not been changed then. And it was against the very same Spurs, who conceded obligatory ridiculous goal at the beginning of the final, you guessed it, vs Liverpool.

As for City vs Liverpool matches. In the most recent one, City have a penalty call ignored, have players stop playing, and Liverpool scores a belter on the counter. City create more and have control for most of the match, but Liverpool score as soon as they cross the half. These are the margins in question.

These are not isolated examples. The same pattern usually repeats in other matches. I have recently compared Liverpool with Juventus of recent years, and someone also did on the other thread today. Same kind of plot armor in the league, even more ridiculous. There's a reason why bookies still have City as favourites in Europe over domestically "dominant" European champions. They're still a better football team.

adexkola

Supports
Games like this make it look like City are still miles ahead of everyone but their vulnerability at the back is why they’re so far behind. Look at the mistakes made against Norwich and how vulnerable they were at home to counter attacks against United & Wolves.

They have been bad at defending compared to previous seasons, but even in most of those games I would say their wastefulness in front of goal was the main reason. The Tottenham game comes to mind.

FireballXL5

I suppose if you're going to start your first PL game in goal, you may as well make it memorable. Battered.

fps

One of those matches where the losing team’s fans are excited just to be in the opposition half.

Andersons Dietician

Some of the passing moves they are putting together are insane. Always an option or two and they always seem to be first to the ball.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They have been bad at defending compared to previous seasons, but even in most of those games I would say their wastefulness in front of goal was the main reason. The Tottenham game comes to mind.
Yeah true. I think we’ve been far more clinical than they have.

Goals: 50 (2nd)
Goals against: 14 (1st)
xG: 44.71 (2nd)
xG against: 18.79 (1st)
Big chances: 67 (2nd)
Big chances conceded: 27 (1st)

Those are our XG stats from this season. We’re top of all of the defensive ones and second to City in the offensive ones.

RoyH1

Before everyone keeps on drooling on City, remember that Villa is a side that’s probably going to be relegated. The lower half of the PL is crap this season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

That's mainly down to the injury to Laporte. Would be like Liverpool losing Van Dijk all season.