Premier League Gameweek 23-24

Paul_Scholes18

Tottenham are bloody terrible under Mourinho. Didn't think they would get crap this fast.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal Sheffield United looks like an interesting game. Is Arteta still on just one league win so far?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is it just me or do Watford mentally seem a step behind their bodies? They seem to get themselves in good positions but seem to almost freeze literally. Same happened at Anfield, Liverpool were practically offering them a result in the second half.

Paul_Scholes18

I expected a better game really and hope for a better second half from mainly Spurs. The next one should be good though. Arsenal vs Sheffield.
The only fun thing is watching Mourinho being frustrated about it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spurs are really poor without Kane and an Eriksen that is in form.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I know it's only one game but was expecting a lot better from Tanganga given how much he's been hyped since the Liverpool game.
Tbf he's playing out of position - he's a right-sided player.

Dante

Average bang
I'm not watching this game, but I decided to check the score on https://www.sofascore.com/ and saw they have a momentum graph for the match.

(Green is Watford, Blue is Spurs, I think)

Out of interest, for anybody watching, how accurate does that look?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spurs are a pretty average side right now, which is still big improvement on pochettino's last couple months

They're also getting blatantly screwed by Oliver

prateik

We arent getting anything tomorrow.. but if Spurs and Chelsea dont win, the weekend will somehow be a net positive.. We gets quite possibly the toughest fixture of the season out of the way and dont lose much ground...
fingers crossed.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm not watching this game, but I decided to check the score on https://www.sofascore.com/ and saw they have a momentum graph for the match.

(Green is Watford, Blue is Spurs, I think)

Out of interest, for anybody watching, how accurate does that look?
Pretty accurate. Although not been anything great apart from Lucas getting a big chance.

Cambion

Oliver spends 3 minutes changing his VAR headset, then adds 2 minutes of added time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Apologies for stating the obvious here, but Spurs are a shadow of their former selves. A pale imitation of what they were.

They look so damn average now.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Apologies for stating the obvious here, but Spurs are a shadow of their former selves. A pale imitation of what they were.

Well, we're playing without Kane, Ndombele, Lloris and Sissoko - that's 4 probable 1st XI players. I'm not counting Eriksen, because he's likely off.

Paul_Scholes18

It is strange how much worse they have been this season. Granted they got a bit lucky in CL last year and advanced on away goals, but they still reached the final.
It is pretty much the same squad minus Trippier and a few players brought in.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"We saw Son get sent off for nothing a few weeks ago."

It was a petulant, stupid kick to someone's chest. It wasn't nothing.

Pagh Wraith

Sky's and BT's agenda against VAR is so tiresome. Talk about the goddamn match. I'd be happy if they never talked about refereeing decisions at all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sky's and BT's agenda against VAR is so tiresome. Talk about the goddamn match. I'd be happy if they never talked about refereeing decisions at all.
Tbf there was feck all to talk about apart from those decisions.

Nickelodeon

Jose's Spurs look exactly like Jose's United. Can make any opposition, particularly away from home, look better than them. Never really control the game. Can be down to missing individuals but it didn't seem the way before Kane etc. got injured too.

Paul_Scholes18

Tbf there was feck all to talk about apart from those decisions.
Agree. 2 big calls. I think it should be a red because he is taking the studs up there knowing it will probably hit the player.
Accidents like Nanis red against Real is different since he went for the ball and didn't see the player so that should have been a yellow.
Although PL let players get away with more than other leagues.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Because if they get rid of it, then those two can use all their super duper technology to show where the referee went wrong.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well, we're playing without Kane, Ndombele, Lloris and Sissoko - that's 4 probable 1st XI players. I'm not counting Eriksen, because he's likely off.
So now the Jose issue comes up if you finish in a low league position. Do you give this guy a lot of money to spend where if it backfires the club will be in trouble. Or do you trust him to make do with a few signings. Didn’t expect Spurs to falter like this

cyberman

Because if they get rid of it, then those two can use all their super duper technology to show where the referee went wrong.
Its ridiculous. If its a decision that can go either way then let it go. Either viewpoint is fine but someone always has to be wrong with that lot.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I can't remember Spurs ever looking so toothless in attack.

I just don't see the logic in appointing Jose.

Pagh Wraith

Who the feck wants to talk about tactical discussion points tbf. How many tactical discussion points do you see here?
So you'd rather have that pointless VAR discussion they wasted the whole halftime break with? They didn't even show a single chance because of that nonsense.