Premier League Gameweek 24+25

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Proper good game this. Great goal by Palace, superb by Maupay for Brighton's goal.
This game really has had it all.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I've developed an irrational dislike for Palace. I think it's because I tipped them for relegation pre-seeason so am determined to undermine them at every opportunity to justify my prediction. :lol:

So, with that said, they'll be nothing without Gallagher next season.

To be fair though, while tonight was a point for them as second best there have been a few times this season when they didn't get what they deserved.

marktan

Welbeck is underrated, had he not been injury prone I reckon he could've led the line for a top team.

Have to give credit to the scouting departments at both these teams, some really technical players on both teams. And mostly quite young too.

I've developed an irrational dislike for Palace. I think it's because I tipped them for relegation pre-seeason so am determined to undermine them at every opportunity to justify my prediction. :lol:

To be fair though, while tonight was a point for them as second best there have been a few times this season when they didn't get what they deserved.
Petty AF:lol:

darko

It's good to see two sides go out play instead of being gutless like a couple of other clubs in the EPL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So in the spirit of pettiness, you should be relegated now

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City

They seem to be a bad omen to United as well. The only season where they’ve contested in the Premier League when United finished champions was in 1992/93. They’ve been down and up four times since then and you’ve never since won the league when they were in the top flight. It also transpires that their consolidation in the premier league was simultaneous with your longest title draught in this era (coming up in 2013/14 and not going down since).

It’s not particularly important, but an interesting piece of trivia nonetheless.

NoPace

I think they'll be fine if Eze is his old self next season. He was in the England 33 man squad for the Euros before his injury, really was playing well and with Gallagher gone he'll be free to attack as a #10. They spent smartly on Guehi and Anderson and Olise looks promising too, so I'd guess they'll do the same next summer and get a couple decent young starters in at RB and maybe a DM.

NoPace

Welbeck is underrated, had he not been injury prone I reckon he could've led the line for a top team.

Have to give credit to the scouting departments at both these teams, some really technical players on both teams. And mostly quite young too.
Maybe the wrong era for him? He's a good overall footballer for a striker so in a 4-4-2 might have had a better career supporting a pure goalscoring type.

NoPace

I really like Cucurella. He gets up and down all game and is so comfortable on the ball.

It’s hard to believe he never got a game for Barcelona. They could really do with him now.
Could still end up there. Realistically they probably need to replace Alba with 2 left backs.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Could still end up there. Realistically they probably need to replace Alba with 2 left backs.
Its the fact that he was allowed to go at all which probably is another example of all the mistakes Barcelona made under Bartomeu.

Went to Getafe for around £10 million while they signed Junior Firpo and Dest for twice that!

He is in the shop window now in the league with big money. It will be hard to get him back now without paying through the nose.

I am a fan though, would love to see someone so composed and reliable at United.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Woops. Didn’t notice there was already a thread. Today is huge for us. We really need to win.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
It was a disappointing game for me, but perhaps that was my fault for having somewhat high expectations.

Vieira and Palace were completely surprised and dominated by Potter in the first half, but once again it is agony to see how that team is unable to score a goal, irony of ironies the goal that came was offered by Palace's Scandinavian defender.

Palace improved somewhat in the second half but hadn't done much to deserve the goal, another great goal from Carragher, then Potter teaches Vieira a lesson again and they would win the game if they knew how to score goals.

This Brighton either invest in quality strikers or better change manager.
Potter I don't know how long he will put up with this.

Palace had a lot of absences and I have seen them play very well, they are starting a new era and with a lot of youngsters, brilliant support from the fans who went Brighton.

They were perhaps the best thing about the game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The best thing there is, had he managed to chip the keeper, the defender would have had that covered easily.
Likely bs but wasn't Welbeck reportedly instructed not to lob Neuer , or do anything fancy atleast ?
He was frustrating in terms of finishing. He seemed to miss a lot of sitters and unfortunately never developed into the player we thought he might become.
Yep. Was a ok player yet he generally saved his best form for England strangely enough.

Idxomer

Welbeck was good for Arsenal under Wenger till injuries ruined him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No Mount or Werner surprises me given their work rate, think we're going to struggle here.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This is the first time in over 150 games where we don't have an academy graduate starting.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is this the game with the most expensive combined starting lineups ever? Average cost must be around £50m per player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is this the game with the most expensive combined starting lineups ever? Average cost must be around £50m per player.
I doubt it. We have 2 free transfers starting plus a £7m, £23m, and £28m player starting. Plus Kante and Ziyech who cost around £30m each. Lukaku, Pulisic and Kepa obviously pull the average up, but I wouldn't imagine that team out there today would be anywhere near the most expensively assembled lineups in the league.

Oldyella

Likely bs but wasn't Welbeck reportedly instructed not to lob Neuer , or do anything fancy atleast ?

Yep. Was a ok player yet he generally saved his best form for England strangely enough.
England's most exciting side of recent years was Kane with Welbeck and Sturridge either side of him. Shame they were both crocks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Lukaku starting against City. I do enjoy a good comedy.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Honestly don’t see how we win this with the key players we’re missing. Both starting wingbacks and keeper. Alonso, Azpi, Sarr, and Kepa will make the City players’ mouths water. Easy targets defensively.

I’d actually feel really good about this match if James and Chilwell were here. :(