Premier League Gameweek 25

Bulldog United

A Roy Hodgson masterclass. Lulls his victim into a false sense of security by having his players act terrible, and then pounce at the end for the win. A well rehearsed and executed game plan.

slored1

Palace with the luckiest win I've ever seen. Like a kid from school that didn't study for the test, came to try and see if he can blind guess the answers and passed it, while you studied for a week straight, only to come and fail by one percent.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Goals win you game. No quality clinical striker, they struggle to win because they can't finish their chances. Same old story for Brighton. They have some decent players for the taken if they get relegated.

Nickosaur

Speechless. Gutted. Its a great finish by benteke to be fair but how the feck have Brighton allowed Palace to win that.

RU Devil

True smash & grab. Sorry for Brighton, but they need to cash in on their dominance. CP goal was under siege the whole second half.

AgentSmith

I think if Brighton sign a quality CF (and maybe another forward on top of that) they’ll have an Aston Villa-esque season next year.

The basic ingredients are all there; just lack clinical quality in the final 3rd.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly that's absolutely hilarious.

Jaxa

I've developed a real disliking for Palace for some reason, probably because they stuffed us at the start of the season,

Such a nothing club, crap fans, crap stadium, shit football, felt the same way about QPR or Reading , Chelsea etc

Nickosaur

White had a mare booting the ball up in the air, not sure what he was thinking.
Yep poor from white, but atrocious from Dan Burn.

I know it's parroted at this point but Brighton's forwards need to have a word with themselves. Maupay will rightly get slagged off but they all need to contribute more.

Redfrog

Daylight robbery from Palace... That said, Brighton can only blame themselves, they were bad at both end of the pitch, they have no idea how to score a goal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Brighton are the new Wigan. The only teams that have won less than them are the clubs in the relegation zone. They always manage to somehow escape but they're not going to get away with it one season.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Yep poor from white, but atrocious from Dan Burn.

I know it's parroted at this point but Brighton's forwards need to have a word with themselves. Maupay will rightly get slagged off but they all need to contribute more.
Yeah, not a fan of a 6'7 slow left back personally. Left back and a Glenn Murray mark 2 needed in the summer!

Whitemare
:D

Giggs' right foot

Yet another year without being in relegation-danger for Palace, while having one of the smallest budgets in the league.

The football is unexciting, and I know it will annoy the hipsters who hate managers like him, but I think Hodgson deserves credit. He has spent a total of £45mil. on players, since he came in 2017 - sold for more than £70mil. Sure managers like Potter's Brighton or Smith's Villa play waaaay more entertaining football, but they also have a net loss of £229mil. (Villa - spent 18/19-season in Championship) and £134,5 (Brighton) on transfers since the 18/19 season, whereas Palace have a profit of £30mil - something I imagine has enabled the club to prioritize the redevelopment of their stadium that is going on.

I definitely don't think Hodgson will be remembered in his Palace-time for anything other than unappealing football and a team most neutrals would've liked to go down, but I do acknowledge how he's been equipping them for the future - economically and facility-wise.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yet another year without being in relegation-danger for Palace, while having one of the smallest budgets in the league.

The football is unexciting, and I know it will annoy the hipsters who hate managers like him, but I think Hodgson deserves credit. He has spent a total of £45mil. on players, since he came in 2017 - sold for more than £70mil. Sure managers like Potter's Brighton or Smith's Villa play waaaay more entertaining football, but they also have a net loss of £229mil. (Villa - spent 18/19-season in Championship) and £134,5 (Brighton) on transfers since the 18/19 season, whereas Palace have a profit of £30mil - something I imagine has enabled the club to prioritize the redevelopment of their stadium that is going on.

I definitely don't think Hodgson will be remembered in his Palace-time for anything other than unappealing football and a team most neutrals would've liked to go down, but I do acknowledge how he's been equipping them for the future - economically and facility-wise.
They have a massive problem with age in their squad though. Ward (31), van Aanholt (30), Milivojevic (29), Tomkins (31), Dann (34), Kouyate (31), Ayew (29), Townsend (29), Zaha (28), Sakho (31), Schlupp (28), Clyne (29), McArthur (33), Benteke (30), McCarthy (30), Cahill (35), Kelly (30). They have like 3 players in Eze, Mitchell and Riedewald that are below 25 in the first team squad. That's really not good for the future after Hodgson.

I've developed a real disliking for Palace for some reason, probably because they stuffed us at the start of the season,

Such a nothing club, crap fans, crap stadium, shit football, felt the same way about QPR or Reading , Chelsea etc

Nonsense, Selhurst Park has one of the best atmospheres in the PL.

tomaldinho1

I think if Brighton sign a quality CF (and maybe another forward on top of that) they’ll have an Aston Villa-esque season next year.

The basic ingredients are all there; just lack clinical quality in the final 3rd.
Same as when they played us - their xG is off the charts but just have a lack of quality up top which is I guess where not having much money kills you. Benteke was what £30m for example?

Giggs' right foot

They have a massive problem with age in their squad though. Ward (31), van Aanholt (30), Milivojevic (29), Tomkins (31), Dann (34), Kouyate (31), Ayew (29), Townsend (29), Zaha (28), Sakho (31), Schlupp (28), Clyne (29), McArthur (33), Benteke (30), McCarthy (30), Cahill (35), Kelly (30). They have like 3 players in Eze, Mitchell and Riedewald that are below 25 in the first team squad. That's really not good for the future after Hodgson.
That I don't dispute - but I don't think that's on Hodgson's part. I don't think he decides who to buy or sell. What I'm complimenting him on, is he's doing just fine position-wise, with what he's dealt - which in my opinion isn't an impressive squad.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Good job 12 of those 17 players are out of contract then, they can fix their age issue by promoting a bunch of youth players to fill their virtually empty squad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised Leeds are as high as 11th.
They seem to lose most weeks usually conceding loads.