Premier League Gameweek 26 fixtures (9th - 11th Feb 2019)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Absolute state of Leicester

starman

Puel is not the sharpest. Doesn't start Vardy but lets him come on to take a penalty with his first touch :houllier:

Revan

Assumptionman
It is unlikely that we are going to catch Spurs, so better if they win. Really unlikely but I hope that they somehow make Liverpool and City fans cry. And at the very least, if they make pressure, Liverpool and City won't be able to rest their players for UCL games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Vardy trying to get Purl sacked. Leicester can't hit a barn door.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Were Spurs unlucky against United then?

Nah, I think I said we were unlucky at the time but that was just emotion.

We finished like total wankers that day and you don't deserve points if you can't finish clear chances, there's nobody else to blame.

El Zoido

I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re lucky, that’s football at the top level. The team that takes their chances wins. We did the same when we beat them at Wembley.

prateik

There isnt really a lot at stake here. Leicester are a top half team. Spurs will finish 3rd. The 2nd game today should be interesting .

edit: Spurs have done really well considering the injuries they have btw. A little more luck with injuries and they would be in a position to challenge this season.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Insulting another member
Would love to know why you bring that up when we are talking about the game currently playing now - shall we talk about all the other games we played too instead?
Are you stupid?

Ace of Spades

We scored the chances, they didn't - why is that luck? We are a much more clinical team.
Funny that, as when we beat you all we hear is how Spurs were deserving a draw, even though you did not score and wasted chances just as Leicester have this game.

Camilo

Puel is not the sharpest. Doesn't start Vardy but lets him come on to take a penalty with his first touch :houllier:
I dunno, 9 time out of 10 I'm sure he'd come and score that penalty. If the guy on the pitch isn't confident enough to take it himself I see no issue.

acnumber9

Would love to know why you bring that up when we are talking about the game currently playing now - shall we talk about all the other games we played too instead?
Just wondering how it can’t be luck because you’ve been more clinical today when I’m quite sure your tune about our game was different. Did you think Spurs were unlucky against United?

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Feel for young Barnes, only a kid but keeps on getting in some great positions and hasn't gone hiding at all. If he can improve his decision making and finishing, he'll be a decent little player.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Barnes had so much space and time, the keeper didn't even move forward. He could've placed that ball anywhere he wanted. Terrible

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just wondering how it can’t be luck because you’ve been more clinical today when I’m quite sure your tune about our game was different. Did you think Spurs were unlucky against United?
No we were utter gash that day. Generally we are a very clinical side - one off game doesn't change that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What's the problem. We'll beat Liverpool and City and Spurs will win the title. This result was needed :)

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I didn't think so - though i'm not sure why you would ask that so perhaps I am? If that is the height of your contribution to the thread then I simply can't wait for further insights from you.
I mean it’s quite obvious the point he’s making. Like really obvious.

Canagel

It is unlikely that we are going to catch Spurs, so better if they win. Really unlikely but I hope that they somehow make Liverpool and City fans cry. And at the very least, if they make pressure, Liverpool and City won't be able to rest their players for UCL games.
We can catch them still. They still have to go anfield, stamford and etihad. Unlikely but the PL can change quickly.

littleman

Tottenham doing a great job of being a legitimate top 4 contender in the PL. Playing well in tight games and finishing weak teams off.

They bottle it at big moments like Arsenal but if they get their quality and tenacity up, they could be even better.

Full credit to Poch; would be happy with either Ole or him at MUFC.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Our finishing was shit and De Gea proved himself for the number one keeper in the world he is. Are we really a group full of adults talking about luck? There is no such thing as luck.

starman

I dunno, 9 time out of 10 I'm sure he'd come and score that penalty. If the guy on the pitch isn't confident enough to take it himself I see no issue.
Not about confidence to take it, its about following orders. Vardy has never been a great penalty taker, no better then Maddison. Always been a smashing and hope merchant

acnumber9

No we were utter gash that day. Generally we are a very clinical side - one off game doesn't change that.
Really? Your view has changed because at the time Spurs were the much better team apparently. Have a look back and your posts were very different.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Our finishing was shit and De Gea proved himself for the number one keeper in the world he is. Are we really a group full of adults talking about luck? There is no such thing as luck.
I don't think this is necessarily true, like sometimes a complete fluke of a deflection can go in or you concede a ridiculous penalty etc .. but we weren't unlucky on that day because all of our chances were totally in our own hands, we were 1vs1 and clear through it just took more composure and better finishes.

Leicester aren't unlucky, they have had chances which they themselves have wasted, including messing up a penalty opportunity. Entirely on them.

Mick321

Hmm bit nervous after seeing that City side. Not great is it? Hope they get it done.

Yess Leicester, come on!