Premier League Gameweek 26

NoneBmStore

I couldn’t even see the offside in the VAR screen. It’s beyond ridiculous really. How was that offside?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't think you see these players perform like this under anyone but pep. Yeah there's top class quality in there but it's all mostly pep for me. His "system" just makes players look exponentially better than they are.
Yeah it's not like they have peak Xavi/Iniesta/Biscuits in midfield here. Rodri played for Atletico Madrid under Simeone ffs

Manncunian

So the lower part of the shoulder was offside? A part of the body you absolutely cannot score with?

Can someone make sense of this for me please?

Cpt Negative

I couldn’t even see the offside in the VAR screen. It’s beyond ridiculous really. How was that offside?
because he was closer to the goal line than then defender.

im not sure why people get so fussy about these offside calls. It’s the most consistent thing in football

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
:D

What makes a match exciting? And why is it that despite a lot of goals scored, games in which City participate are usually labeled as boring? Is it the way in which they don't even give the opposition a foothold (hence my glib comment)? Is it how they kill you with 1000 passes instead of 3 (the Mourinho special)? I've seen them labeled as boring enough that it's worth talking about. I'm sure they're called boring more than a Burnley or Brighton!
I can answer the first part. What makes any sporting exciting is the suspense and the uncertainty of an outcome. Then there could be the unexpected moments that change the course of an event; a monumental put at the Open, the saving of a match point with an unbelievable return, a 3 pointer when you need it. City’s domination can’t be put in those terms. While it’s admirable and impressive, they’ve consigned the rest of the PL teams to the level of also rans even before they’ve entered the starting stalls.
In a world where we are looking for inspiration through sport the PL isn’t providing it. That’s not City’s fault nor is it their problem; it’s the ultimate vilification of the so called big clubs that they could not provide a sustained challenge

Deery

Dreary
Wolves still in this with some incredible luck they could nick a draw...

Or am I clutching at straws!

mancan92

There isn't any ingenuity or spontaneity.

Makes me laugh when pundits go on about how this brand of football is the best we've ever seen in England.
It is though. They are so far ahead it can be boring sometimes but if you are interested on a tactical or technical level it's extraordinary. Like if you were a student surgeon watching a world class surgeon for 8 hours. Boring as a spectical but If you care about details it's ridiculously fascinating.

adexkola

Supports
I can answer the first part. What makes any sporting exciting is the suspense and the uncertainty of an outcome. Then there could be the unexpected moments that change the course of an event; a monumental put at the Open, the saving of a match point with an unbelievable return, a 3 pointer when you need it. City’s domination can’t be put in those terms. While it’s admirable and impressive, they’ve consigned the rest of the PL teams to the level of also rans even before they’ve entered the starting stalls.
In a world where we are looking for inspiration through sport the PL isn’t providing it. That’s not City’s fault nor is it their problem; it’s the ultimate vilification of the so called big clubs that they could not provide a sustained challenge
Would you have called us boring in 2001? Putting aside our fandom of course.

always_hoping

For all of City's dominance in that half that save right before the break was only the 2nd save by the Wolves keeper and of course the goal he conceded was a OG.

Inigo Montoya

It is though. They are so far ahead it can be boring sometimes but if you are interested on a tactical or technical level it's extraordinary. Like if you were a student surgeon watching a world class surgeon for 8 hours. Boring as a spectical but If you care about details it's ridiculously fascinating.
Most sports fans love spectacle over fascination. Only fascinating if you have a passing interest and not a personal investment in it. Even as a neutral it’s not that interesting when something is so dominant

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:D

What makes a match exciting? And why is it that despite a lot of goals scored, games in which City participate are usually labeled as boring? Is it the way in which they don't even give the opposition a foothold (hence my glib comment)? Is it how they kill you with 1000 passes instead of 3 (the Mourinho special)? I've seen them labeled as boring enough that it's worth talking about. I'm sure they're called boring more than a Burnley or Brighton!
Efficiency is rarely exciting. What's exciting about those 997 passes that precede the 3 most important ones? What's exciting about watching one team attack for 90 minutes and another defend?

I can appreciate their talent in the same way as I can appreciate the talent required to crotchet an 18 foot plain brown scarf. The end product is excellent and it functions perfectly, but I wouldn't take 90 minutes out of my day to watch it being made. Now if the person was suspended above a tank containing sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their heads, then it might be worth the hour and a half. The scarf won't be as good, the process would be a thoroughly entertaining watch.

SER19

75% possession. No shots on or off target for the opposition. No touches in the box. And this is one of the leagues more competitive teams :lol: The SPL is finally merging with the PL

Deery

Dreary
I don’t know I’ve found this performance from City to be quite entertaining compared to most of they others..

Inigo Montoya

We did make it boring in the league yes but were
Found wanting in Europe. We failed to adapt in the UCL. What City are doing is making all competition irrelevant

adexkola

Supports
Rodri was a brilliant player for Atletico.
True but did anyone look at him and think he could sit at the base of midfield for City?

To be fair many people said we were boring.

But I've also never seen us dominant a league like City.
Same. Bar Fergie's last season with us, since 2005 when I started watching football, all our league wins had some element of a title race to it. I just know 2001 as described was a procession from start to finish.

Efficiency is rarely exciting. What's exciting about those 997 passes that precede the 3 most important ones? What's exciting about watching one team attack for 90 minutes and another defend?

I can appreciate their talent in the same way as I can appreciate the talent required to crotchet an 18 foot plain brown scarf. The end product is excellent and it functions perfectly, but I wouldn't take 90 minutes out of my day to watch it being made. Now if the person was suspended above a tank containing sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their heads, then it might be worth the hour and a half. The scarf won't be as good, the process would be a thoroughly entertaining watch.
:lol:

mancan92

Most sports fans love spectacle over fascination. Only fascinating if you have a passing interest and not a personal investment in it. Even as a neutral it’s not that interesting when something is so dominant
I'd say for most people who have played the game at a high level or who enjoy the details of the game find it extremely fascinating that's why most former players fawn over them. That's why you never hear Río for example talk about how boring barca were and just talks about how he as one of the best of his generations didn't get anywhere near them.

SER19

Probably not. We only got 80 points so should have been a competitive league and we heavily relied on the same 11-13 players. We weren't drafting in the world's most expensive bench every week and breezing past teams without even trying.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
James is a far better player than Adama Traore. There’s people who think we should sell James and Buy Traore. I’m convinced some people judge players by YouTube compilations.

5 goals in 130 PL apps
0 goals this season.

Watch him bag a hattrick now (fingers crossed):lol:
He just isn’t though is he? Swap teams and Traore would be way more effective

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’ve never got the boring accusations about Guardiola teams. Always smacked of jealousy to me. If you’re capable of being completely neutral (almost impossible) they’re great to watch. Just top quality football. If you like football, how can that bore you?

This season is a bit different. They’re trying to win in second gear a lot more than usual. Which does get kind of boring. It’s a sensible approach though. With this bonkers schedule it’s all about carefully managing exertion levels.