Premier League Gameweek 26

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
VAR check for possible red card for Jagielka. Red card. Sheffield United down to ten men. It's about if covering defenders would have got round in time.

James Peril

That’s not a red card, come on. If El Ghazi gets to run after that touch, the defender coming from behind will catch him before it’s a clear goalscoring opportunity. Same with the guy coming from the left side of the pitch. He’ll get a shot in for sure, or has to stop and drible, but that’s not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

RashyForPM

Correct call I think. He’s absolutely smashed him with the covering defender 20 yards away. Bear in mind El Ghazi is much faster than Kean Bryan too.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Leicester look awful. You want to be worried when Burnley are playing better attacking football than you

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The concerning thing for me is Jagielka is what Maguire is going to be very soon.

RashyForPM

You know something, Sheff Utd are lucky not to be down to 9 men. That McGoldrick challenge is a second yellow if a) he wasn’t already booked and b) they’ve already had a man sent off.

Santos J

Burked subbed on at 60 minutes and off at 89 :lol: Gotta be a record for a non injury related sub.

always_hoping

Don't often say this about any Burnley match but that was a decent watch. Schmeichel was in excellent form.

Sylar

Villa should be embarrassed

Imagine losing to this Sheffield United team

:nervous:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Villa were never a threat to you two. Both Everton and Pool will finish 15 points or more higher than them, and it’s been apparent for a while. The ultimate one man team, Villa (one and a half if you credit Watkins).
Not just them, but Leicester dropping points helps too.

RashyForPM

Not just them, but Leicester dropping points helps too.
Now they are a real threat to everyone from us to Spurs, but they need men back quick to bolster their ranks. Barnes, Maddison, Justin (ain’t happening anytime soon, poor lad) and Evans. When they can field their first choice XI, they’re one of the best teams in the league. They only fall off when the schedule catches up on the legs.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Now they are a real threat to everyone from us to Spurs, but they need men back quick to bolster their ranks. Barnes, Maddison, Justin (ain’t happening anytime soon, poor lad) and Evans. When they can field their first choice XI, they’re one of the best teams in the league. They only fall off when the schedule catches up on the legs.
Even Perez (as poor as he is) or Praet (who'se actually ok) too. Fofana looks to be back now, which is a plus for us - we can make do defensively (unless we get even more injuries).

But even so, I have no idea where goals are supposed to come from. We lined up with three defensive midfielders in the side. We're having to play players like Choudhury and Amartey, and they're barely championship level. Hell, I'm not sure Choudhury is even a footballer.

Frustrating, but with Barnes out for at least 6 weeks (I'd personally double that - Rodgers always criminally underrated how long a player will be out), Justin not back this season (he'd been electric going forwards), and no idea about Maddison, then I have no idea where goals will come from. Vardy looks like a spent force, and Rodgers was cowardly in taking 'nacho off instead of Vardy.