Premier League Gameweek 26

RashyForPM

Spurs have played free-flowing, high-pressing football in the last 3 games. Mourinho will be fuming :D

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
What a fecking joke that is. Do you want him to chop his hand off?

Correct call my absolute hole.

NinjaFletch

Didn’t know that tbf. That needs to be changed right about now.
I'm surprised so many have forgotten. It was such a hot topic at the start of last season.

It really is ridiculous, but it does not matter AT ALL whether it's accidental or deliberate; if it hits your arm immediately before a goal is scored it is ruled out 100% of the time.

The Firestarter

Ita not VAR, they are enforcing the rule. During attack , any touch by a hand of the offensive players is a foul. Which is simply laughable for cases like this one, where the arm was stuck to the body.

JakeC

IFAB have also issued a reminder that a player cannot score a goal with their arm, even if it is accidental.

An accidental handball by an attacking player or team-mate will only be penalised if it occurs immediately before a goal or a goalscoring opportunity.

If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and then scores a goal, or the ball goes to another attacking player and they immediately score, this is a handball offence.

But it is not a handball offence if after an accidental handball the ball travels some distance via a pass or a dribble, or there are several passes before the goal or goalscoring opportunity.

NinjaFletch

Without VAR it isn't given.
Maybe, but then it's a decision that's gotten wrong on the pitch.

I'm not defending the rule; I think it's stupid. But the lawmakers decided that if it hits your arm AT ALL immediately before a goal then the goal is ruled out. The problem is stupid rules, not the technology ensuring that those stupid rules are correctly applied.

NinjaFletch

English refs are donkeys :lol:

Explain what other choice he had, please?

IFAB have also issued a reminder that a player cannot score a goal with their arm, even if it is accidental.

An accidental handball by an attacking player or team-mate will only be penalised if it occurs immediately before a goal or a goalscoring opportunity.

If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and then scores a goal, or the ball goes to another attacking player and they immediately score, this is a handball offence.

But it is not a handball offence if after an accidental handball the ball travels some distance via a pass or a dribble, or there are several passes before the goal or goalscoring opportunity.

I honestly can't believe so many of you have forgotten this law change. It was huge news when it was changed and caused reams of discussion.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Clearly the right call as it doesn't matter in the slightest whether it was accidental or not. It hit his hand and that's that.

The rule is shite but you can hardly blame the ref or VAR for making a "bad call" when they got a very obvious call right.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I honestly can't believe so many of you have forgotten this law change. It was huge news when it was changed and caused reams of discussion.
I think many people remember this rule coming in, but have no idea whether or not it’s still in effect. There’s been so much flip flopping since. It used to be any slight touch of anyone’s hand and the whole thing grinds to a halt. Then they allowed leeway, then it turned out only on some cases. It’s a mess.

For what it’s worth, rules or not, I think ruling that out is harsh.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

There will be no penalty if:

• the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.

JakeC

Glen Hoddle should be djing a Radio 4 show at 5-7am on mondays and tuesdays.